Best Castle Show Ever

Discussion of topics concerning life in the middle ages around the world, including architecture, history, and warfare.
TheOrk
Master

Best Castle Show Ever

Post by TheOrk »

While looking for something on YouTube, I found an awsome old cartoon that was on back in the early 90's back around the time I started playing with Castle LEGO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fkOJh7_DSc

The main reason I am posting this on a LEGO castle board is because there are so many things that connect.

-A bunch of rainbow coloured hero knights fighting dark coloured evil knights.

-A castle that looks similar to Castle Morcia

-Horse mounted catapults/axe carts and all that junk.

-Some guy that builds stuff out of building blocks regularly.

-Oversized weapons in abundance.

-Different molds for everybody!

-Castley settings that can be easily MOCed.

-Besides this, 2 other cartoons from the same saturday morning line-up are very simililar to 2 other LEGO themes currently out besides KK2.(Exo-Force/Dino Attack)

I'm just surprised something as cool as this was turned into KK2. :x
E of Alshire
Merchant

Re: Best Castle Show Ever

Post by E of Alshire »

TheOrk wrote:While looking for something on YouTube, I found an awsome old cartoon that was on back in the early 90's back around the time I started playing with Castle LEGO.
I'm just surprised something as cool as this was turned into KK2. :x
Really? I thought it was kinda silly, especially the (cars?) the baddies were driving. It seemed more like a superhero movie than a castle one. It was okay- it seemed like a Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court plot from what I saw. I'll have to dig up the rest somewhere.

That said, there are MOCable elements- I may have to try my hand at the axe-a-pult. :wink:
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

Well, I am watching it right now in a different window. It does look kind of corny, but also sort of entertaining. I'l post more when I have watched through it all.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.