Classic-Castle.com


The source for all your LEGO Castle needs!

Castle Building Inspiration and Source Material

Discussion of topics concerning life in the middle ages around the world, including architecture, history, and warfare.

Castle Building Inspiration and Source Material

Postby g2 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:34 am

I came across this website Medievalzone.com today.

Image Image Image

It is a site which sells hand crafted wooden model castles, in modular form (very Lego-esque). These castles and equipment are for the large scale toy knights (54mm to 70mm).

The site has some great castle ideas, including siege equipment, and it even has a gallery of completed model castles.

I really like this lighting system, which is battery operated, so you can light up your creations. Found on the accessories page.

Enjoy.
User avatar
g2
Sir Postsalot
 
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:20 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia - Age 38

Postby Ninja-Knight » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:19 am

All this is breath taking, its amazing all the detail they put into it.
I liked how they did the castle action figures to. Like the archers in the towers, looked very realistic for the scale.

This is a hobby I definitely want to get into. :)
User avatar
Ninja-Knight
Peasant
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:54 am
Location: California

Postby kelderic » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:56 am

Wow, these castles look great, although they would look so much better made out of Legos.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
User avatar
kelderic
Knight Bannerett
 
Posts: 2583
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 8:45 pm
Location: Indiana, USA

Postby g2 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:26 am

kelderic wrote:Wow, these castles look great, although they would look so much better made out of Lego.


Kelderic, I would agree with you 100%. They would look spectacular made out of Lego. :)
User avatar
g2
Sir Postsalot
 
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:20 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia - Age 38

Postby Zacku » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:51 am

Wow, these are really nice. Probably pretty expensive, though.


g2 wrote:
kelderic wrote:Wow, these castles look great, although they would look so much better made out of Lego.


Kelderic, I would agree with you 100%. They would look spectacular made out of Lego. :)


Agreed. Plus, look at the designs. That would actually be pretty easy to recreate in LEGO form.
Your ad here.
User avatar
Zacku
Laborer
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:08 am
Location: Inglessa Province

Postby wunztwice » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:19 pm

Zacku wrote:
g2 wrote:
kelderic wrote:Wow, these castles look great, although they would look so much better made out of Lego.


Kelderic, I would agree with you 100%. They would look spectacular made out of Lego. :)


Agreed. Plus, look at the designs. That would actually be pretty easy to recreate in LEGO form.


Ah, very true Zaku, thanks for bringing this site to our attention!
in His grip, Chris

Feed my hobby? My Bricklink

My Flickr!
My Brickshelf!(not updated...)
<><
User avatar
wunztwice
Knight Bannerett
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:33 pm
Location: Eastern Oregon

Postby Knight David » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:45 pm

i like this site!! Very nice castles!!

David
User avatar
Knight David
Gong Farmer
Gong Farmer
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:58 pm
Location: Ireland

Postby Legendary_Corsair » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:25 pm

They are really neat for different kind of blocks but yeah it would look a lot better in Legos. :?
I am.......a....Future Legend
User avatar
Legendary_Corsair
Archer
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:27 pm
Location: The Forbidden City of Komilthria


Return to Medieval Life

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests