BrickForge Animals Now Available

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

sidewinderl wrote:I could definitely see Lego pursuing a deal with brickforge to bring these to the Lego "canon"....much like how they market fan created sets like the blacksmith shop. Everybody would win.
I would love to see that, but I don't think that it is realistically a possibility. Brickforge must charge $5.00 a piece for the cows for them to be economically feasible. Even though Lego would probably be able to make them cheaper, it would still be expensive for them, and one cow could cost the same as a bunch of other pieces. Since most kids aren't interested in farms, I don't see this happening. Unfortunately... :(

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
armothe
Apprentice

Post by armothe »

kelderic wrote:I would love to see that, but I don't think that it is realistically a possibility. Brickforge must charge $5.00 a piece for the cows for them to be economically feasible. Since most kids aren't interested in farms, I don't see this happening. Unfortunately... :( Kelderic
Actually, quantity isn't something to trifle with. If we were selling the same type of volume TLG sells, the price on our parts would be much lower.

I'd like to see BF involved with TLG as well :)

-A
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

I received my small BF order yesterday and it is truly wonderful. I wasn't gonna buy the black bull at first, but I encourage anyone who are holding off to get it. I recently had a guest over and he saw them on the table. He thought they were official pieces. Armothe and Red Bean are masters at this. Too bad you guys couldn't expand, as there are some other very skilled members in the community.
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
sidewinderl
Laborer

Post by sidewinderl »

kelderic wrote:
sidewinderl wrote:I could definitely see Lego pursuing a deal with brickforge to bring these to the Lego "canon"....much like how they market fan created sets like the blacksmith shop. Everybody would win.
I would love to see that, but I don't think that it is realistically a possibility. Brickforge must charge $5.00 a piece for the cows for them to be economically feasible. Even though Lego would probably be able to make them cheaper, it would still be expensive for them, and one cow could cost the same as a bunch of other pieces. Since most kids aren't interested in farms, I don't see this happening. Unfortunately... :(

Kelderic
I'm sure Lego certainly has the means to put them out for far cheaper, but the kicker is definitely the lack of interest in farm themes.
Tedward
Squire

Post by Tedward »

I added some of my new pigs to the Trailer Park section of the VicLUG train show layout [big pic on BS]. I also had a black bull roaming the alley beside city hall but nobody seems to have a picture of him. :)
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

So, my wife hands me this package and says, "Oh, looks like some Lego thing came for you." Now, I haven't ordered anything, so I'm confused. But she has this funny smirk on her face. I read the return address and its Brickforge. I open it up and there are two black cows, two spotted cows, 3 different colored pigs, a black and a white sheep, some horns, a couple of udders, some assorted beards, and a savage mask. Turns out she ordered them after I was drooling all over the keyboard. I've got an awesome wife....

Josh

PS. They really are as good as everyone has been saying.
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

JoshWedin wrote: PS. They really are as good as everyone has been saying.
Wives, or the pieces? :lol:

I'm going to be placing an order for them nearer the end of the month- i've been waiting for these kind of bricks from Lego for ages, so I just have to go custom when they're this good.
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

RichardAM wrote:
JoshWedin wrote: PS. They really are as good as everyone has been saying.
Wives, or the pieces? :lol:
I'm going to be placing an order for them nearer the end of the month.
Both. Where are you ordering your wives from? :)

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

I received my animals yesterday. Unbeleivable detail and quality when in hand. These will make my Castle world more complete. Thank you BrickForge for these works of art.
Troy T. Moore
Asterios
Solecist

Post by Asterios »

waiting till this project i'm working to be done so i can get paid for it then i can order me some animals now if Armothe can get himself to splurge on some red plumes for the greek helmets :P
Lord of the Armies

and

Master of the Domain
Ser Loktar
Foot Soldier

Post by Ser Loktar »

As everyone says the animals look great but I wonder if anyone is having a problem with the width of the weapon's handles. While they look good and I'm really happy to finally have some of these it seems most of the spears, battleaxes , longbows (heck all the weapons) like to fall out of the hands of minifigs. Is this just something all BF customers are just used to or did I get a new batch that wasn't quite measured properly?
Just curious as I've never ordered from them before. Does anyone who ordered from them in the past have the same problem or is this just the fault of my weak minis' hands?
Ser Loktar
When I was a lad my mother told me that if I stood around all day with my mouth open a weasel was liable to mistake it for his den and jump right in. If you have something to say, say it, otherwise, beware of weasels.
GRRM
Legolas
Foot Soldier

Post by Legolas »

Its something I have experienced in the past with most custom accessories out there, best suggestion I can offer, is to carefully pinch the hands together until the accessories fit snugly.

Haven't damaged a hand yet, and it even seems to help with official LEGO accessories as well.
Ser Loktar
Foot Soldier

Post by Ser Loktar »

Yup Legolas that was the plan but I had also toyed with the idea of putting a small amount of plasticene in the hand for individual poses and the like. I didn't wanna kill the shine and I have an excess of yellow hands so maybe your idea's the way to go.
Thx for the info,
Ser Loktar
When I was a lad my mother told me that if I stood around all day with my mouth open a weasel was liable to mistake it for his den and jump right in. If you have something to say, say it, otherwise, beware of weasels.
GRRM
Lamanda2
Merchant

Post by Lamanda2 »

I have encountered this only with some of my BrickForge accessories, though I have found equipping my figures with new hands solves the problem quite well.

Must be that my old hands were a bit stretched out.

~Amanda
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Lamanda]Bricks & Customs[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/lamanda2/]My Flickr[/url]