I want Black Falcon's Fortress

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
rogue27
Admin
Admin

I want Black Falcon's Fortress

Post by rogue27 »

Since Black Falcon's Fortress is still available in all European countries, I was wondering what it would cost me in US dollars to pay somebody to order a couple and send them to me. Is anybody willing to do this?

I would need a price in US dollars, so you would have to figure out conversion rates, shipping, and whatever you decide to take for yourself.

It would be equally nice if somebody could just pick a couple up at a LEGO store in this country and mail them to me.

Feel free to e-mail me with any serious offers. (click the little envelope at the bottom of this post.)
medib
Bailiff

Post by medib »

why not order it from a Lego Retail Store that still has it in stock?

I know the one in NJ (Paramus) has a bunch of Black Falcon Fortresses (but unfortunately NO Blacksmith Shops)

The BFF is still the retail price of $40 at the retail stores
as opposed to paying $40 Euro from someone in Europe
(quite a bit of a difference). Also the shipping would be
much cheaper ($8.00 US shipping as opposed to $20 US it
would be after exchanging it to Euro).

I, myself, am planning on ordering a couple more Black Falcons Fortress from a Lego Retail store later on in a couple of weeks.

Please e-mail me: bmedinets@excite.com

if you are interested in ordering a set as well (so I can
set up the order ahead of time).

Thanks.
Benjamin Medinets
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

The BBF is €49.99 in Europe. That's about US$60 + Shipping from Shop-at-Home to me (if you order, let's say, four BBFs shipping is €4.50/$5.40, shipping for just one single BBF is €3.50/$4.20) + shipping from me to you (probably €39/$47, maybe only €29/$35, I don't know the weight of a 10039).

So you should definitely try to get your BBFs somewhere in the US because it's most likely less expensive than ordering them in Europe, even if you pay a higher price on eBay or BL than the original price in the US Shop-at-Home had been.

Bye
Jojo

rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

Thanks for the input everybody (well, both of you).

It seems that ordering from Europe is going to be prohibitively expensive, so that option is out. It bothers me that people on BL have 140 BFFs and are charging $65 + shipping on them.

I'm going to try ordering from a retail store in the USA. I had forgotten that you could do that.

Somebody e-mailed me a list of phone numbers for the LEGO retail stores in the US, but many of the ones people refer to are not on the list. Paramus and Glendale are names I often hear that aren't on the list I was given.

I'm going to try ordering a couple BFFs tomorrow assuming there are still some in stock. I'd also like to get 1 or 2 more Guarded Inn sets if it's still available.

Anybody know for sure of a retail store that has both BFF and GI in stock? If so, could you post the phone number? I can't find the info on the LEGO web site. I would look the phone number up myself, but it seems that the pages with the store information are currently broken or do not work with my web browser. (Lego's programmers sometimes seem to think that Win IE is the only browser in the world.)
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

rogue27 wrote:Thanks for the input everybody (well, both of you).

It seems that ordering from Europe is going to be prohibitively expensive, so that option is out. It bothers me that people on BL have 140 BFFs and are charging $65 + shipping on them.

I'm going to try ordering from a retail store in the USA. I had forgotten that you could do that.

Somebody e-mailed me a list of phone numbers for the LEGO retail stores in the US, but many of the ones people refer to are not on the list. Paramus and Glendale are names I often hear that aren't on the list I was given.
Don't bother with Glendale, some rat bought the last of their BFFs, and the manager told him that they would not be getting any more (ummmm, I suppose since I know this story you can guess who the culprit was). 8)

However, to make up for that:

http://www.disneylandtoday.com/Downtown ... g/lego.htm

I just called them, they have at least four in stock. They do ship - however, I forgot to ask the price. In the past they charged $50, not $40 for the BFF. Which is why I went to the Glendale store since they charged $40. I did not ask about the Guarded Inn since the last time I was there I bought the only one left (it was hidden, but I know that trick).
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

I called the Chicago store. They had 1 BFF in stock, so I bought it. I then asked about the GI and BS, and they had 0 GI and 1 BS, so I bought that as well. Order came out to $89 after shipping.

Anyway, the Chicago store is now out of all 3 castle sets if anybody was curious.

I still want 1 GI and 1 more BFF, so I'm going to try another store.

Update:

Paramus, NJ had nothing when I called.

Mall of America (Bloomington, MN) had no Guarded Inns, but they had "lots of Black Falcon's Fortresses on the shelf and a bunch more in the basement." I bought 2 there. I did not ask them about the Blacksmith Shop.

The guy at MoA also said that the castle sets have been out of production since December and that nobody will get another shipment of any of them. For the pirate fans, the guy at MoA said they also have lots of Black Seas Barracuda in stock.

The day has provided me with 1 BS, and 3 BFFs. I'm spent. I wish I could have gotten a Guarded Inn somewhere. Oh well, at least I was able to get 4 of them a couple years ago.

The guy in NJ was actually very helpful and was suggesting other stores to try out and he even suggested www.bricklink.com. I thought that was kinda cool. Of course, Bricklink is what drove me to order more BFFs.
medib
Bailiff

Post by medib »

I just called Mall of America.

The lady there claims that there haven't been the Black Falcon Fortress there for 6 months.

:(

Looks like everybody who now wants one in North America
has to hope for a low auction on Ebay (that's a slim possibility)

or

Pay Bricklinks out of whack price scheme

or

hope that you have close European Friends or Relatives :)

Benjamin Medinets
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

medib wrote:I just called Mall of America.

The lady there claims that there haven't been the Black Falcon Fortress there for 6 months.

:(

Looks like everybody who now wants one in North America
has to hope for a low auction on Ebay (that's a slim possibility)

or

Pay Bricklinks out of whack price scheme

or

hope that you have close European Friends or Relatives :)

Benjamin Medinets

What she means is that an order has not come in for over 6 months. Obviously they had them in the store more recently than that because I bought some, but half of the employees don't pay enough attention to know that.

Anyway, some BFFs apparently appeared on BrickLink for $40 in the past month or two, but they sold very fast. I only know of their existence because of the price guide. I guess you could add it to your watch list and hope it appears again. Maybe somebody who bought a ton of them for $11 each will resell them for $40?

Currently, the BFFs on BrickLink seem to be in the $50-$60 range.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]