Nostalgia

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
fritz
Gong Farmer

Nostalgia

Post by fritz »

Hey everyone!!
I'm new this site and my lego frevor has recently been rekindled. When younger I was into space sets mostly. I had only the black falcons fortress castle set. The castle sets now appeal to me greatly. Esp. the ones that can be interconnected like the blacksmith set the armorer set, and the guarded inn. Does anyone know where i can get these releatively inexpensively? I wish they still made/sold more sets like these. Has anyone checked out/bought sets released by Daniel Siskind? Also.. does anyone have any good cleaning techniques for really dusty legos?
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Hi Fitz,

Welcome to Classic-Castle.com

To find old sets, it depends where you live. Ebay.com and Bricklink.com are good places to look. Europe usually has more of the old sets available.

Dan Siskinds sets are some of the best customs out there. His instruction cd is excellent. Check out the sets page on Classic Castle for links to his and other people's custom sets.

Wash the dusty LEGO in warm water. That works the best.

Ben E.
Sets Admin
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

I have a five year old at home, and I have had the opportunity to clean chocolate out of baseplates.

warm water does work, and for really caked in stuff I used a soft toothbrush.

worked for me anyway.
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

hello

do you just want to buy some castle sets and what kind do you want? because i know of a great place to buy old or used stuff thats in good condition

lone ranger :D
fritz
Gong Farmer

Thanks and...

Post by fritz »

Hey.
Thanks for the warm water advice. I have just washed/rinsed a medium set (about 300 pcs) and am waiting for them to dry up. I had the set built and on display on a shelf in my closet and some rust like stuff had dripped out of some pipes above and onto the set. I used a toothbrush on a lot of the bigger pcs but it would take forever to use a tooth brush on all the pcs i have.

The sets I'm looking for are the ones that have the ablitily to connect up with other sets like the guarded inn and the armor shop. I found the guarded inn and the blacksmith set that Daniel Sorskind designed @ the official lego site. Including the sets I purchased on ebay-I have kind of spent way over my limit for the month on legos (about $350).