Classic-Castle.com

The source for all your LEGO Castle needs!

Pick a Brick Castle Elements

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items

Postby Peasantpeteri » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:47 am

THIS IS GREAT! May I ask where you find the shipping costs?
Peasantpeteri
Laborer

Postby HenrytheV » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:04 am

Shipping is $5.00 for an order that is $25 or less. If you are looking to buy more, you can always go through to checkout. There is a shipping quote center there. :)

God Bless,

Jon
HenrytheV
Gentleman

Postby castlebuilder100 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:33 am

I really like the pick a brick section but their are not enough pieces. It would be a dream come true if they had the variety of Bricklink. However now that their is armor I have a good excuse to put in an order.
castlebuilder100
Man-At-Arms

Postby Peppermint Pig » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:20 am

They added dark pink! Wohoooooo :P Well, I already have a ton of those 1x1's, but they have 1x2 45 slopes... Some nice bits overall, and the armor is much cheaper than the BL rate.
Peppermint Pig
candied swine

Postby Danielas » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:56 am

pink! my sister would love that! i may have to order again (not for the pink)
God Bless. Danielas

Procrastinators Unite!!!!

(tomorrow)

Proud soldier of Classic-Castle. As in, I fight against the Legion of the Aggie.
Danielas
Steward

Postby Crazylegoman » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:31 am

Peppermint Pig wrote:The space parts for Factory (which I assume translates to the PaB), will be up soon as well.

This means some parts will go away, but Lego did not specify.

Unfortunately one of the pieces that they deleted was the green 12X24 brick. :cry:

David
♪ "Need I remind you that we are an army, and armies engage, yes armies engage when the threat is too much to ignore" ♫ —Jonah33
Crazylegoman
Artisan

Postby BushiFox » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:37 pm

I was looking at this as a way to build a skeleton army, but I can't seem to figure out if the arms would work or not. Or what the heck a space skeleton is. It doesn't look like they will. Everything else looks like the skeletons I have (the ones that came with 10176) except the arms.
BushiFox
Villein

Postby Hob Took » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:10 pm

Crazylegoman wrote:Unfortunately one of the pieces that they deleted was the green 12X24 brick. :cry:

David

I didn't even know there was a 12x24 brick :) . The price is pretty good for the armor, but I can't see why anyone would want anymore crossbows. Just regular bows is what I want. I saw a big change in the price of that green exo-force hair, 54 cents each! When I ordered it 2 months ago it was only around 20 cents! I hope that by the time the elf sets come out LEGO puts up some headgear.

-Hob Took
Hob Took
Reeve

Postby Voran_the_Scholar » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:37 pm

Hob Took wrote:
Crazylegoman wrote:Unfortunately one of the pieces that they deleted was the green 12X24 brick. :cry:

David

I didn't even know there was a 12x24 brick :) . The price is pretty good for the armor, but I can't see why anyone would want anymore crossbows. Just regular bows is what I want. I saw a big change in the price of that green exo-force hair, 54 cents each! When I ordered it 2 months ago it was only around 20 cents! I hope that by the time the elf sets come out LEGO puts up some headgear.

-Hob Took

Why more bows? Crossbows, though they took longer to "reload", were much easier to use and aim, and you didn't have to spend years training expensive longbowmen. Crossbows, though less cool, are definitely a good investment. Especially for $.17 each.
May the blessing of the Lord be upon you. <><

Flickr
Voran_the_Scholar
Landlord

Postby kibosh » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:58 pm

Voran_the_Scholar wrote:
Why more bows? Crossbows, though they took longer to "reload", were much easier to use and aim, and you didn't have to spend years training expensive longbowmen. Crossbows, though less cool, are definitely a good investment. Especially for $.17 each.

I agree. Crossbows are the last weapon I need more of. Seems like I have a ton of them, and I just assume bows were used more often than crossbows. At least in my mind they are.

In the movies, you always see lines of archers unleashing a volley of arrows rather than crossbowmen letting fly their bolts.

That being said, I will pick up a bunch of these brown crossbows to break up my existing gray.
kibosh
Apprentice

Postby Patron of the lego » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:05 am

You can't expect lego to mass produce everything now can you? Also, there is perception with longbow that there were accurate, but they were actually used to fire afar in a barrage. Crossbows are generally more accurate and a single shot from a certain distance is lethal. A good example is death of Richard the Lionheart by a crossbow bolt.

EDIT: bows were generally only prominent in England (If your talking in Europe)
to the ramparts!
Patron of the lego
Archer

Postby Heir of Black Falcon » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:47 am

Give TLC time. THe PaB is new. Over time they will get more on it but they have thousands of elements to work through. I would love to see the simple swords as well as some helmets but no rush. They are doing a great job so far and hte idea was a good one.

I will not diverge too much only to say accuracy between the bow and crossbow are relative to the archer. We have more accounts than I can shake a lego stick at from the medieval period of excellent marksmen. Not all crossbows were created equal. Some were lower powered but quicker to reload. the lower ones for war usually 4-6 a minute, slower usually about 2. My friends pulling over 120 pounds draw can get nearly 20 arrows from a longbow a minute though at 230 yards at least.

Bows were common all over Europe for war in the Medieval period. Thats one reason how the French win the 100 Years War. They form their companies of ordinance (archer heavy) and the Franc Archers, beating the English at their own game at Castillon for example. The crossbow though was indeed a major part of warfare on the continent, likely the more common missile weapon till the 16th but bows find significant use still.

R
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Re: Pick a Brick Castle Elements

Postby gerkenz » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:38 am

architect wrote:... silver euro armor,...
Ben
Is it really silver and not grey ? Everytime I click on details I'll get an error :?
gerkenz
Villein

Postby Sir Vincent » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:09 pm

Maybe there is hope...
Sir Vincent
Steward

Re: Pick a Brick Castle Elements

Postby architect » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:41 pm

gerkenz wrote: Is it really silver and not grey ? Everytime I click on details I'll get an error :?

When I first saw the description this weekend it said silver. This would make sense since silver armor is currently used in the knight sets, and bley armor is not.

Ben
architect
Baron von Ellermann
Baron von Ellermann

PreviousNext

Return to Buy, Sell, Trade