Ebay: How often do you use it?

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items

On average, how often do you browse on eBay?

Every Day
19%
Every Other Day
10%
Once A Week
19%
Twice A Month
5%
Once A Month
10%
Less Than Once A Month
14%
Never
19%
Other (every milisecond, only holidays, etc.)
5%

Total votes: 21

Snoopy
Archer

Ebay: How often do you use it?

Post by Snoopy »

I was just wondering how many in our group use Ebay a lot.

Please vote even if you don't post anything.

Edit: By the way, on the poll, I mean how often you search for LEGOs not how often you actually buy them.
Last edited by Snoopy on Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Well, my actuall use pretty much evens out to once or twice a month. However, I visit often and I would buy much more if I had the $$$. :D
Snoopy
Archer

Post by Snoopy »

I know what you mean. I'm always finding more good deals than I have funds for.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Well, I voted for never, because I never browse it of my own volition. No point, when parents prohibit the purchase off of it. Still, other might have been more accurate, since I look at all the posts Brickboy and Snoopy make regarding it.
Brickboy
Steward

Post by Brickboy »

Well, I voted for never, because I never browse it of my own volition. No point, when parents prohibit the purchase off of it. Still, other might have been more accurate, since I look at all the posts Brickboy and Snoopy make regarding it.
Yup! Love ebay! :D
Alan
good times
Snoopy
Archer

Post by Snoopy »

Sorry if Brickboy and I overpost (is overpost a word?). We really enjoy competing for the best deals. We just started using Bricklink too.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

I dont think it is overposting. However, you do not need to post every deal found on ebay. I would save that for extraordinary finds. Some of mine have been 6011 Black Knight's Treasure for $5, Armor Shop for $14, etc, etc.

Many people do not like ebay, but if you are patient, and can find the hidden auctions with poor descriptions, there are definitely deals to be had. Of course it is easy to overspend on ebay or recieve products that are not in great shape. Photographs can be deceptive. Perhaps the poll should have an option like "it varies" because I know that sometimes I will search a lot and buy, but other times I will not check ebay for months.

Ben E.
Snoopy
Archer

Post by Snoopy »

architect
However, you do not need to post every deal found on ebay.

Ok. I'll try to limit to just excellent deals.

architect
Perhaps the poll should have an option like "it varies" because I know that sometimes I will search a lot and buy, but other times I will not check ebay for months.

That's why I said on average. But, thanks for pointing that out.
Brickboy
Steward

Post by Brickboy »

yup! from now on I am only going to post my best finds. :D
Alan
good times
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Back in the early days of eBay, I used it quite frequently to bolster my collection. I also did some selling a few years ago and found that to be fairly successful.

Then I found Bricklink(Brickbay back then) and have barely perused eBay since. There is a level of trust I have rarely seen broken on Bricklink. Some items might be more expensive, sets and figs especially, but you at least know at the start what the parts will cost.

International shipping can be scary though, I have bought parts from all over the world on Bricklink and some countries/sellers really charge a lot for shipping.

I only ever purchased items from North America when I bought on eBay, back when I was buying frequently, shipping charges were pretty reasonable, but now a lot of sellers on eBay seem to be selling shipping rather than parts.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Snoopy
Archer

Post by Snoopy »

Bricklink is a good site. I'm starting to use it more and more. But, I just can't bring myself to pay $3.00 a figure. It just seems like too much to me. I still buy my figs on eBay, but have started buying most of my bricks on Bricklink.