So you have $150...

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
jamitjames
Gentleman

So you have $150...

Post by jamitjames »

What would you do with it? Every Christmas I get $100, about 15 days later its my birthday and I get $50. So I'm asking you, what would you do with it, keep it to LEGO :wink: .
[url=http://radio.laml.org/]LAMLradio: LEGO Talk Podcast[/url]
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

I would buy 30 of 10145 Assorted Light Grey Bricks the voulume discount would pay for the shipping. :) In fact that is exactly what I did when I had that kind of money. I had already purchased 65 of the light grey bricks and some of the rest of the old color packs so here was the assortment I went with:

10145 10x Assorted Light Grey Bricks
10146 5x Assorted Dark Grey Bricks
10147 2x Assorted Brown Bricks
10148 5x Assorted Light Grey Plates
10149 5x Assorted Dark Grey Plates
10150 3x Assorted Brown Plates

If the BFF was still available, I would have purchased 3 of those. If I was looking for figs now, I would wait for a certain seller from Denmark to have a sale in his shop and then buy a bunch of weapons, shields, helmets, armor and figs from him. But my preference is always more bricks. :D

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Definatly BL some used Classic sets, don't waste it on the new stuff, you'll be dissapointed.
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

Does this mean you'll give me $150? :D
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

go to bricklink and bye the old castle sets you never could before. :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
J1A3L5
Steward

Post by J1A3L5 »

I'd hold onto it until I need it for bricklink parts, and slowly spend it on those when needed.
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

I agree you would probably get more bang for your buck (or bucks as the case may be) by buying from bricklink. But there is something about opening up a brand new set, perfectly clean, new bricks and putting together a model that you have never done before. Especially when it is a good one, and without many technic pins (I don't like those much at all)

And now to answer your question directly, I'd order a Cloud City (StarWars fan that I am) and then start a Target trek to search for some good clearances. Or maybe do bricklink.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

Look for sets on really good discount and buy them (if they have good pieces) or go on Bricklink and order from Bricks4you in Denmark. He has all sorts of armor and shields and swords.
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Hi JamitJames,

This topic belongs in buy/sell/trade. Please refrain from posting in the LEGO Castle forum unless you are discussing a set, or set minifigures, etc. Purchasing threads are more appropriate in BST. Thanks!

Ben E.
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

architect wrote:Hi JamitJames,

This topic belongs in buy/sell/trade. Please refrain from posting in the LEGO Castle forum unless you are discussing a set, or set minifigures, etc. Purchasing threads are more appropriate in BST. Thanks!

Ben E.
Ah, Ben, ever vigilant, ever watchful, how dust thou do it?
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
jamitjames
Gentleman

Post by jamitjames »

Emperor James wrote:Does this mean you'll give me $150? :D
Is that what you would do with it? :lol:
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

jamitjames wrote:
Emperor James wrote:Does this mean you'll give me $150? :D
Is that what you would do with it? :lol:
no 8)

I would piut it in my savings to buy bricks for a lego castle I'm planning.
Duke_Dave
Reeve

Post by Duke_Dave »

Ok I know this is going to make almost everyone mad,but here it goes. with $150 iwould go buy 6 megablock pro builder Destroyers. The reason: I would get almost 1500 light grey bricks ( i know they are different color but almost the same as the new light lego grey) plus I would get Like 40 8x8 grey plates slopes, 2x4,2x6 plates the list goes on. And if youve ever done the math, if you buy lego bulk blocks they cost $0.07 a block where as Megablock's Destroyer costs $0.03 a block. I can understand that you dont like megablocks sets but I have to say that the 'Pro Builder' line is not hardly that bad.In fact, you cant even tell the difference between legos and Megablocks,being the only difference is slight color and they don't say LEGO.

Dave
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Post by footsteps »

Duke_Dave wrote:Ok I know this is going to make almost everyone mad,but here it goes. with $150 iwould go buy 6 megablock pro builder Destroyers.
Dave
Duke!!! Duck!!!

No telling what's gonna fly your way for advice like that! And at the risk of being labeled a "heretical old geezer" I must say that your advice is pretty good. <duck>

I've done something similar in the past. <duck> <dodge>

But, while the probuilder quality is pretty good, in larger structures the discrepancies are more noticable. My wall sections had a noticable 'curl' (end to end) until I made the top course of bricks 100% Lego 2x4s which seems to straighten things out.

Alan
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Heretical old geezer!

Dastardly disgusting Duke Dave!

I spit on your Megabloks!

Okay, I'm just joking. You guys aren't quite that bad, although if you aren't heretical, you're plainly crazy (effects of old age, no doubt :wink: ).

I mean, Megabloks?

So what if the price is cheaper, THEY ARE STILL MEGABLOKS!!!!

And, to quote:
What would you do with it? Every Christmas I get $100, about 15 days later its my birthday and I get $50. So I'm asking you, what would you do with it, keep it to LEGO
(emphasis mine)

Not to keep it too subtle or anything.