Its time for the Christmas Fig Exchange. This year, I'm helping Josh out and arranging it. Please read the following words by Josh about the exchange. You have until the 11th. Please feel free to ask questions. But I will stress this...if you are not going to participate or send something that you would be happy to receive yourself, please think wisely about if you should participate or not.
It's that time of year again. What time you ask? Time for the annual Classic Castle Christmas Fig Exchange.
Here's how it works:
You build a fig and send it to someone. That person also builds a fig and sends it to you. Pretty basic, right? Well, this is the internet so naturally we need a whole list of rules. We aren't allowed to simply allow common sense to have its sway, so here they are.
1. The deadline for signing up is Dec. 11th.
2. The fig you exchange should have accessories.
3. The minifig doesn't need to be an official castle fig, as long as it's useable in a castle setting. Some Star Wars fig parts are acceptable, as well as Oriental Expedition, Harry Potter, etc. If you have concerns about a particular piece, ask your trading partner if they consider it "Castle".
4. Try to keep the value of the fig around 5 dollars or so. However, this is merely a guideline. If you want to send out a Forestwoman to your partner, feel free. Just don't expect something as valuable in return!
5. This is an international exchange. It is possible that you may end up with someone who does not live in your country. Therefore, if you can't send overseas you probably shouldn't sign up. Personally, I think this is more fun and the cost to send a fig outside your home country is not excessive. This doesn't mean that you will have to ship internationally, but its a possibility.
6. If you wish to participate, post a message in this thread.
7. A list of the exchange partners will be posted around Dec. 13th. It is then your responsibility to contact your partner and trade addresses and/or make arrangements to exchange figs. It is up to you and your partner to decide whether or not to keep the figs secret or to share a "wish list".
8. If you sign up and then do not send out a fig, take months to complete the trade, or cause other kinds of havoc in this exchange, you will not be allowed to participate next year. So bear that in mind if you think you will have problems. People who have a history of delays in completing their end of exchange will be left off the list.
9. If you are a minor, find out if your parents are okay with this before you sign up! You will be exchanging actual names and mailing addresses with your partner. If you are not comfortable with this....don't sign up.
10. Have Fun!
(In the past, we have run a seperate exchange for customizers. I'm not doing that this year, because very few people signed up for it in the last couple of years. If you want to exchange custom figs, that is something you will have to work out with your exchange partner.)
If you have any questions, feel free to ask. If you run into problems with your exchange partner, let me know right away, please.