For those of you familiar with western Texas....

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

For those of you familiar with western Texas....

Post by Troy T. Moore »

I need to know what good stores there are to scope out Lego in Lubbock? My wife and children are there for a couple weeks. I know they have a Walmart (or 2) and they are not like our mini Walmart's in western Canada...they cover many acres :shock: Also I hear a lot of you Americans talking about Target and Tru. I gave her some things to look for and did some currency conversions to ensure it is worthwhile.... A real shot in the dark, unless some of you have been there, or live there, but it's worth a try. Thank you.
Troy T. Moore
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Re: For those of you familiar with western Texas....

Post by Formendacil »

Troy T. Moore wrote:....Also I hear a lot of you Americans talking about Target and Tru....
I'm a western Canadian, like you, so I know nothing about w. Texas, but I'm of the understanding that "tru" as you put it, is TRU, or Toys 'R' Us.

I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty sure that you have those in Saskatchewan too....
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

I'm living in southeast Texas, so I'm afraid I can't help you with any specifics. But I can tell you what stores I have here that sell LEGO.

Wal-Mart, Target, Toys "R" Us, KB Toys, Toy Liquidators, Kohls (sp?).

As with most places, if you're looking to find a discount at Wal-Mart for LEGO, you need to visit a Wal-Mart in a rural area. If the Wal-Mart is in a heavily populated area (like mine), it will never have a sale on LEGO. It is usually best to drive to the edge of town for that. Also some Wal-Marts have discount isles located in the interior side of the garden center, instead of elsewhere.

Target should be on the back end of it's usual summer sale which includes LEGO, but they usually keep their LEGO that is on sale at the same sale price till it just simply goes out the door.

Toys "R" Us almost never has a sale here. Ever. And also charges about $1 to $5 more per item, depending on price.

KB Toys usually always has some LEGO on sale. It may not be the kind anyone wants, but it's usually there.

Toy Liquidators is owned by KB, and they're pretty few and far between. I'm lucky that I have one within driving distance. My Toy Liquidators carrys almost nothing at full price, so the majority of it's LEGO is on sale (though sometimes only 20%). I did see several Jango Fett Slave I's for sale at half price the last time I went.

Kohls in my area carries a very poor selection of LEGO, but it does sometimes have good sales. Recently they were selling Designer sets at 50-66% off.

Anyway, I hope I've helped at least a little.

--Anthony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

I second what sava said. I live just about an hour north of him where theres a rural wal mart near by... they usually have sails on items in damaged boxes!
It's a Christmas Miracle!