Shipping

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
Merlin of Lego
Apprentice

Shipping

Post by Merlin of Lego »

How do you determine the cost of shipping at your Bricklink stores. Do you have set rates and what are they
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

In the US packages, the post office charges $0.60 for two ounces and $0.23 for each additional ounce. I charge people a little bit more than that: $1.25 for up to to ounces, and $0.25 for each additional ounce.

The extra $0.65 covers the cost of a padded envelope and other packing materials, and a handling fee (PayPal is the primary reason I charge this).

For international orders, I typically just look up the cost and then add about $0.75 - $1 for packing materials and handling.

Rates can be looked up on www.usps.com. You need to know the weight, so I bought a small postal scale. I wouldn't trust my life on my scale's accuracy, so I will often add an ounce if the needle is right on the line.
Last edited by rogue27 on Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

I charge exactly what it costs me to ship including packing materials. I have a .75 cent handling charge for Domestic Orders - US/Canada and $1.00 for international. I usually pack a few extra parts as a bonus to balance out the service charges a bit. Post can really be unreliable for costs when you do online calculations. If shipping ends up higher I end up eating it. If it is lower I offer store credit or a refund.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Merlin of Lego
Apprentice

Post by Merlin of Lego »

Thanks for the help it will be useful.