Your lego's 'worth'

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
Aidan
Foot Soldier

Post by Aidan »

Well what would be an example of semi rare?

Those new Black and Chrome scimitars? Unfortunately Bricks4you is driving most of the low averages. :shock:
Let them come...
They will break upon this fortress like water on rock!
---King Theoden

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=the6717
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

Aidan wrote:Well what would be an example of semi rare?

Those new Black and Chrome scimitars? Unfortunately Bricks4you is driving most of the low averages. :shock:
Black Halberds and Teal katanas :wink: Roundind would make them be the same as regular halberds and katanas, which I think doesn't make sense, given their greater rarity.
pwnage
Aidan
Foot Soldier

Post by Aidan »

I'm confused :? ? Teal or dark turquiose katanas have an average price of $1.81 which would be +2. Regular katanas are about $0.20 which means they would be +0.
Let them come...
---King Theoden

Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

Aidan wrote:I'm confused :? ? Teal or dark turquiose katanas have an average price of $1.81 which would be +2. Regular katanas are about $0.20 which means they would be +0.
But, I thought you said they would be +1 in the other post. But, rounding to zero is a problem, if that is what you intend, because it would make almost every common piece obsolete. Even a billion katanas would be +0. So, think it should be rounded to the nearest cent or ten cents.
pwnage
Aidan
Foot Soldier

Post by Aidan »

Yeah my +1 before was an error.

I am calculating worth in battle as opposed to market value. The pluses are only the modifiers added to the base if you are familiar with the D&D calculation. In my world every weapon is a base +1. Therefore If I have a teal katana I get +2 modifier to a +1 base for a total of +3. If you have a gray katana you get the +1 base but no modifier. If you have 50 gray katanas that still won't help you. :wink: Then we roll the dice!
Let them come...
---King Theoden

Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

Aidan wrote:Yeah my +1 before was an error.

I am calculating worth in battle as opposed to market value. The pluses are only the modifiers added to the base if you are familiar with the D&D calculation. In my world every weapon is a base +1. Therefore If I have a teal katana I get +2 modifier to a +1 base for a total of +3. If you have a gray katana you get the +1 base but no modifier. If you have 50 gray katanas that still won't help you. :wink: Then we roll the dice!
Oh, I see. I thought we meant market value, as I beleive that was the orginal intent of the post.
pwnage
Aidan
Foot Soldier

Post by Aidan »

Oooo, then I have strayed. :oops:

But if we want market value then we could just take the average Bricklink price and add them up? :?

That's easy! :wink:
Let them come...
---King Theoden

Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

Aidan wrote:Oooo, then I have strayed. :oops:

But if we want market value then we could just take the average Bricklink price and add them up? :?

That's easy! :wink:
Exactly. But easy, you say!? :shock: That is going to be a daunting task! :shock:
pwnage