Your lego's 'worth'

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
Sir Garth
Apprentice

Your lego's 'worth'

Post by Sir Garth »

Calculate all your lego's worth here. The worth of the piece stands next to the piece, just see how much you have of it and count it all up. All the items in the list are official lego pieces, if you want to add a custom piece just post it here and I'll add it to the list.

Name: Worth:
Weapons:
Hard weapons get a +2
Dark grey short sword 3
Light grey short sword 5
Black short sword 7
Great Sword 5
Halberd 1
Black Halberd 7
Brown Spear 1
Black Spear 3
Orient Expedition lance 5
Lance 1
White lance 3
Crossbow 1
Black Crossbow 7
Katana 4
Dagger 2
Longbow 3
Black Longbow 7
Armour
Samurai Armour 10
Black Samurai armour 15
Euro Armour 10
Light Euro Armour 15
Space Armour 5
Chrome breastplate 7
KK2 armour 2
Helmets:
Grey helmets are always +1 worth, except the samurai helmets. A helmet with dragon plumes gets a +3
Grilled helmets: 5
Nose Protector: 3
Archer helmet: 3
Crown: 2
Dragon Helmet: 3
Chrome Dragon Helmet: 4
Euro visor: 6
KK2 visors: 2
Samurai Helmets 3
Classic visor 10

[Figs:]
Wolfpack: 6
Black Falcons: 9
Crusaders: 9
KK2: 1
Ninja: 4.5
Dragon Master: 4
Royal Knights: 4
Classic Figs: 10
Black Knights: 8
Forestmen: 7
Dark Forest: 6

Shields are the worth of the figs of the faction the shield is from :2. Oval shields get a +1.5
Tell me if I forgot something.
*And the bulls arrive in kk2*
Cedric the bull: "Hahaha Leo we're here to- wtf?"
*and the bulls see some happy knights bouncing at each other with carts*
Cedric (shocked): "I guess we got the wrong KK''
Bull soldier (frightened): "Lets go back"
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

I've got WAY too much stuff to try and calculate what its worth by this formula. And my collection isn't one of the larger ones here.

Quite frankly, I think you're going to have few people listing. This is just TOO much work.
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

I agree... Thats a lotta counting and adding i don't think i really wanna do.

But funny idea!
It's a Christmas Miracle!
Jim
Apprentice

Post by Jim »

Hmmm.... I could build a cool spreadsheet, or an Access database, maybe this would be a new way to organize and catalog my pieces.... I could graph my worth over time...Please stop me!
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

As has been said, this is too much work, but shouldn't we go by bricklink prices? And how can a KK2 fig be worth less than a KK2 visor?
pwnage
The Tennis Ball Kid
Laborer

Post by The Tennis Ball Kid »

Uhh....what is the value of a piece calculated upon? This system is interesting, but what's it for? Or to be more precise: What's the point?

Second question: Am I awake, or is this just one of dreams I have when I sleep in too late on saturdays?

Edit:Third question: Where are the donuts?

Still Wondering,
Stephen
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

You forget Bardings and Horse Battle Helmets.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
jon_p
Artisan

Post by jon_p »

I agree with what has been said.. well actually I can't be bothered, it would take too long.
But I reckon I have a fair amount of stuff.

Jon.
"We dine well here in Camelot, we eat ham and jam and spam alot!"

My Brickshelf gallery - http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=85183
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Re: Your LEGO's 'worth'

Post by doctorsparkles »

Sir Garth wrote: Name: Worth:
Weapons:
Hard weapons get a +2
Dark grey short sword 3
Light grey short sword 5
Black short sword 7
Great Sword 5
Halberd 1
Black Halberd 7
Brown Spear 1
Black Spear 3
Orient Expedition lance 5
Lance 1
White lance 3
Crossbow 1
Black Crossbow 7
Katana 4
Dagger 2
Longbow 3
Black Longbow 7
Armour
Samurai Armour 10
Black Samurai armour 15
Euro Armour 10
Light Euro Armour 15
Space Armour 5
Chrome breastplate 7
KK2 armour 2
Helmets:
Grey helmets are always +1 worth, except the samurai helmets. A helmet with dragon plumes gets a +3
Grilled helmets: 5
Nose Protector: 3
Archer helmet: 3
Crown: 2
Dragon Helmet: 3
Chrome Dragon Helmet: 4
Euro visor: 6
KK2 visors: 2
Samurai Helmets 3
Classic visor 10

[Figs:]
Wolfpack: 6
Black Falcons: 9
Crusaders: 9
KK2: 1
Ninja: 4.5
Dragon Master: 4
Royal Knights: 4
Classic Figs: 10
Black Knights: 8
Forestmen: 7
Dark Forest: 6

Shields are the worth of the figs of the faction the shield is from :2. Oval shields get a +1.5
Tell me if I forgot something.
Is the halberd the elaborate Dragon Master one or the smaller, classic one?
What is the Orient Expedition lance?
What are generic shields (i.e. the round shield, gold Orient Expedition shield, various blank shields) and non-Castle faction related shields (i.e. Gryffindor and other Harry Potter shields) worth?
Maybe you should add in the grey chest and pitchfork, as they are 2 of the most valuable items?
Based on your numbers, my collection isn't really worth all that much. Of course, I spend my time trying to acquire more pieces in general rather than more rare pieces, not to mention my collection is older (and therefore probably larger) than a good portion of the members here, so it's not worthless by any means.
If I were to put a monetary value on my entire collection, I would say that it's worth a couple grand, at least.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Well I know you forgot the gold big sword. I doubt I would do this. WWAAYY to much work. I am not even sure what I all have. Still its a cool idea. but I doubt any one will do it.

Dan:wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Well, I've been thinking, and I bet the monetary value of my collection is two or three thousand. I should really get a better idea one of these days...

Its worth a fair chunk, to be sure. For several years, its pretty much all I bought. And I got quite a bit as Christmas presents.

Your basic idea, Sir Garth, is pretty good, but I think you'd need to put more thought into relative values, and into your list. But even then, I doubt if very many people, or anyone, would find the time to calculate their worth. It's an incredible amount of work that's required.
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

I have over 1700 fully armed figs and several thousand spare weapons/armor to boot, there is no way I have the time to calculate all the stuff I have using this formula. It is not a bad idea, but the sheer volume of work needed to do this may be too much for some. I am definitely one of the ones it would be too much work for. I would say dollar-wise my figs, weapons, horses etc... are worth approximately $10,000.00 US so I would hazard a guess that my whole collection of bricks etc... somewhere in the $20-$25,000.00 range.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

This would take me a very long time and it would provide me with no benefit at all. I have very limited free time, and I cannot be bothered with stuff like this.

While I'm here, I may as well let you know the flaws of your system:
  • It was created by you, and not by a group of people, so the point values are weighted towards your own personal bias.
  • Oval shields are worth more than the minifigs who carry them.
  • Black Knights and Dragon Masters use the same shields, which creates an ambiguity in assigining them points
  • KK1 is missing from the minifig area, and other items such as black swords, horses, bardings, etc are missing
I think a more proper way to value a collection would be to base a system off of bricklink prices. That way, the supply/vs demand of the entire community would be a factor in the worth of any one part.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Aidan
Foot Soldier

Post by Aidan »

Being a number person I am intrigued by the concept. :o . Anyone familiar with my ramblings on gold conversion will not be surprised :wink:

viewtopic.php?t=1040&highlight=

Like has already been stated most any system generated by one person is likely to be flawed.

I think the suggestion of using Bricklink as a basis has merit. It is what I use. Even though this means that my once impenetrable light gray armor has been knocked down several rungs. :cry:

Simple rules are the easiest to apply. For example weapons would get +1 for each $1 of an average Bricklink price up to a maximum of +5. Rounding to the nearest $1. So dark gray swords and halberds get no adjustment, but black swords are a whopping +5 and black halberds and teal katanas are +1.

Hmmm.... this might work. I think I'll play with it some more. All input welcome! :D
Let them come...
They will break upon this fortress like water on rock!
---King Theoden

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=the6717
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

Aidan wrote:Being a number person I am intrigued by the concept. :o . Anyone familiar with my ramblings on gold conversion will not be surprised :wink:

viewtopic.php?t=1040&highlight=

Like has already been stated most any system generated by one person is likely to be flawed.

I think the suggestion of using Bricklink as a basis has merit. It is what I use. Even though this means that my once impenetrable light gray armor has been knocked down several rungs. :cry:

Simple rules are the easiest to apply. For example weapons would get +1 for each $1 of an average Bricklink price up to a maximum of +5. Rounding to the nearest $1. So dark gray swords and halberds get no adjustment, but black swords are a whopping +5 and black halberds and teal katanas are +1.

Hmmm.... this might work. I think I'll play with it some more. All input welcome! :D
Good, but the rounding isn't good, because as you said semi-rare items will be the same a dirt cheap items.
pwnage