Lookie what I found

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
MaxiVisVires
Squire
Location: San Diego, CA If I was any closer to LEGOLand, I'd be living there

Lookie what I found

Post by MaxiVisVires »

So a friend told me a couple weeks ago about this Lego Store in Los Angeles that I haven't been to, and today I finally got around to it, and look at what I got :D

Yes boys and girls, their pick-a-brick section had classic light grey 1 x 4's, among other classic light and dark grey parts. This was like a godsend after bidding and losing on quite a few light grey brick auctions on ebay going for insane prices. Now you too (at least, the southern Californians) can get as much light grey as you want. When I took my bricks to the check out, the girl said "You must really like grey", I informed her that the color was no longer in production, and she told me that they had 2 boxes in the back full of the stuff. Mwahahahaha. So, Legoland's Club Lego doesn't have them, Disneyland's Lego store doesn't have them, but the store at the Glendale Galleria has them and in large quantities.
Jojo
Master

Re: Lookie what I found

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

MaxiVisVires wrote: look at what I got
I cannot look at this! Congrats on your oldgrey bricks but....
There are SOOO many gaps in the cups! You could have gotten 60 bricks more if you had filled the cups accurately. ;)

Bye
Jojo

MaxiVisVires
Squire
Location: San Diego, CA If I was any closer to LEGOLand, I'd be living there

Post by MaxiVisVires »

I got too excited! I was filling the bricks while I had my head turned behind me watching for anyone that may try to get my precious bricks. :wink:
Mursk
Villein

Post by Mursk »

Bah, there is not a single Pick-A-Brick in Idaho, i'm getting annoyed with all these great deals. :cry:
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Mursk wrote:Bah, there is not a single Pick-A-Brick in Idaho, i'm getting annoyed with all these great deals. :cry:
I know what you mean, it's the same problem in western Canada (as I mention just about everytime a Lego brand store or PaB comes up). And I live pretty much smack in the middle of it. No trips to eastern Canada or the States here. :cry:
Mursk
Villein

Post by Mursk »

Maybe some people need to visit Pick a Bricks for us :lol:
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Not fair. Oh why me why me :cry: I'm happy for ya man :D
Space rocks.
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

This should be in buy sell or trade.

Wow, look at all that old grey. Man I wish there was some sorta LEGO store near me.

By the way, why didn't you fill it up more?

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Oooooo, and the Glendale store is closer to me than the DT Disney store, too. 210/134, here I come! (well, maybe tomorrow)
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

There isn't a PaB in Texas either.

If I had the money to spend, I'd beg someone to pick me up some classic light grey 1x4s and other sizes of bricks, I'd even pay for the shipping.

Anyone willing to pick me up a few or 10 cups and hold on to them till I can pay them back? ;)

There was a post on Lugnet on how to fit the most bricks into a PaB cup, I need to go find it...

--Anthony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

SavaTheAggie wrote: There was a post on Lugnet on how to fit the most bricks into a PaB cup, I need to go find it...
I tried that once - it was a pain to stand there and fit all the pieces together. I just dump 'em in and find itty-bitty pieces (dots, for instance) to fill in the empty spaces.

LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

2 things -

1. Great find man - I wish it werent so far for me to drive just for bricks. Still - maybe I should - give the wife a chance to see some rela-friends who live in southern CA.

2. There is going to be a PAB opening up in San Jose, where my sister-in-law lives, so you can bet that those family functions just got a whole lot more inviting to me. :D

no wait! three things!

3. I just noticed TTK's face on the minifig. Is that a sticker or a graphic? :D

(and a momentary flash to the monty python bit "no one expects the spanish inquisition...)
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

LEGOFREAK wrote:2 things -

1. Great find man - I wish it werent so far for me to drive just for bricks. Still - maybe I should - give the wife a chance to see some rela-friends who live in southern CA.

2. There is going to be a PAB opening up in San Jose, where my sister-in-law lives, so you can bet that those family functions just got a whole lot more inviting to me. :D
Generally speaking, I haven't found PAB that exciting. I check out all the bins, but most of the time I don't bother actually getting anything. I'm kinda surprised that the Glendale store has the old gray since it is a fairly new store (and I'm the rat that bought out their last Black Falcon Fortresses). Still, I'm glad that they are there for special projects.

no wait! three things!

3. I just noticed TTK's face on the minifig. Is that a sticker or a graphic? :D

(and a momentary flash to the monty python bit "no one expects the spanish inquisition...)
I take it you didn't see yesterday's version, where I had the normal colored photograph in place, with Redwine swearing to go on the wagon, and Two-Tonic screaming "Oh No! Peeeeaaaaacccch!"

JasonSpears
Laborer

Post by JasonSpears »

TwoTonic Knight wrote:Generally speaking, I haven't found PAB that exciting. I check out all the bins, but most of the time I don't bother actually getting anything. I'm kinda surprised that the Glendale store has the old gray since it is a fairly new store (and I'm the rat that bought out their last Black Falcon Fortresses). Still, I'm glad that they are there for special projects.
Eek gad. Every time I go to a store with PaB, I have trouble trying to decide what to buy. Maybe the Chicago area stores are better stocked? Whether it's windows, or light grey bricks, or black 1x1 round bricks, or green & grey plates, or flowers I'm always finding something.
Jason Spears | [url=http://www.michlug.org]MichLUG[/url] | [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/spearjr/]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

There isn't a PaB here(Portugal) eiter.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.