Fall – Winter Jambalaya

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Fall – Winter Jambalaya

Post by Bluesecrets »

What is this? Well it goes like this…I’m starting this round, so I’m putting a bunch of things in a box to send off where the people who sign up can trade things in and out of the box…then it comes home to me.

Sounds great…what are the rules?

Well I don’t want to have to micro-manage this…nor do I have the time to so the rules are going to be a little clear…appear tough…but not really meaning to scare anyone off.

1) Age…sorry but I am going to insist that everyone wanting to participate is over 16.

2) Third party parts…no please. Custom pieces...also no please. Not everyone uses them, not everyone wants them.

3) I know other jambalaya's have allowed this…but to me…it goes against the spirit of the whole thing. So, please no putting things in the box and saying it is for someone down the line. If you want to send something to someone, send it to them. Don’t waste space in the box and more importantly, don’t tease and tempt people with things in the box that they can’t have.

4) It is on your honor that you make sure the value of the items you remove gets replaced with equal or greater value.

5) Parts…if you have ever looked at my builds, you will see I use all kinds of parts in my builds…Friends, Belville, Scala, Click-its, even some Bionicle. BUT we are a castle community and while there are parts from every single theme that can be used castle (and I have used them and will again), please do not go putting things in the box like sports balls, or parts extremely distinctive to a line not castle…like a pink bike or a green waste can.

6) The box…I’ll start with whatever box I can fit everything in. Use whatever box you think is good. I’m not going to demand you use Priority Shipping, although in a lot of cases it may be the cheaper option.

7) Shipping…the only thing I care about in terms of shipping is this…if we go international, and I have absolutely no problem with that, I like it actually…please don’t ship it the slowest method possible.

8.) How long should the box be with you? That is up to you. Life exists. I know there are times when you don’t have the ability to do a turn around fast, or financially you have to wait for payday. Keep it reasonable please. The box shouldn’t really stay with you for more than a week or two.

9) Responsibility…not super happy to have to get all “real” and post this, because I would like to live in the little blue and pink bubble where everyone is responsible. But…I guess I must. If you aren’t going to be able to afford to ship the box, please keep that in mind before you sign up or before the box is coming to you. If you know you are the kind of person who will take months to ship the box, please keep that in mind. This is supposed to be for fun…please don’t make me suck all the fun out of it with having to private message you and bug you and bug you and bug you to get the box moving.

Okay okay…I know…stop talking and get to it! So in the interest of time…let’s limit this to 10 people please. I’ll give you a week from today…August 13th to sign up. And since I’m running this…it is 10 more people..making a nice prime number of 11.

As far as addresses go...this is to be kept PRIVATE!!!!! You share only with the person who ships to you. Respect the privacy of others please.

We are at 6 now:
1. Bluesecrets
2. Lil_curt
3. Bronx
4. Falconer
5. Rogue27
6. Justin M
7. Dog Ironbones

This is just a list for me to keep track of how many...I'll arrange the list after the deadline to try and minimize shipping costs.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Lil_Curt
Steward

Re: Fall – Winter Jambalaya

Post by Lil_Curt »

I have some stuff above and beyond what I am hosting. so count me in. Also would Pirate be allowed or is there going to be a separate one for the cove?
So Many Hobbies So Little Time....
Come Visit me on Facebook @ Atavistic Creations
bronx
Foot Soldier

Post by bronx »

Count me in.

I have a ton of Duplo I've been meaning to give away. This is perfect!

. . . I kid, I kid.
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

Also would Pirate be allowed or is there going to be a separate one for the cove?
This depends on what pirate you are including. If you think it could be at all used for a castle, sure. If it is a palm tree...well the Queen of Tan would be all about that. If it is a cannon...well...I don't know. Use your best judgment. As far as the Cove is concerned, we haven't run one there in a while. It is a possibility, but the Cove does it's own thing.
I have a ton of Duplo I've been meaning to give away. This is perfect!
But...I need Duplo! Seriously...I use it to support my raised baseplates.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Brickninja
Here there be dragons

Post by Brickninja »

Would sign up, but I'm not 16. And I'm doing the MB one. :cry:
Falconer
Peasant

Post by Falconer »

I'm in
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

Sure, I'll join.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Justin M
Sheriff

Post by Justin M »

Count me in please. :)
[img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8120/86369329 ... 2cc9_m.jpg[/img]
[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/112482494@N07/]Flickr[/url] [url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/79686]Mocpages[/url] [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Jbob]Brickshelf[/url]
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men. Colossians 3:23
Dog Ironbones
Peasant

Post by Dog Ironbones »

I'm in. :twitch:
rboettcherjr
Peasant

Post by rboettcherjr »

Count me in!
Jackson Williams
Freeman

Post by Jackson Williams »

Count me in!
fidelon
Serf

Post by fidelon »

Count me in!
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

1. Bluesecrets
2. Lil_curt
3. Bronx
4. Falconer
5. Rogue27
6. Justin M
7. Dog Ironbones
8. Roboettcherjr
9. Jackson Williams
10. Fidelon

One spot left. It would be lovely if those on the above list would let me know where they live (unless I know where you live and I do for some) in private message so I can start arranging the list to help out with minimizing shipping costs for everyone. Much thanks.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

JCool
Apprentice

Post by JCool »

I'll claim the last spot! :)
-Joe "Cool"
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

Excellent. I'll lock this until I know where everyone lives so I can arrange the list. Here is hoping for great fun!
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan