1st post also have Qs.

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
TurboLego
Gong Farmer

1st post also have Qs.

Post by TurboLego »

Hi,

First off this is an awesome website!!!! Brought back lots of memories from when I was a kid back in Poland. I was fortunate enough to have lot of these older castle sets. And that all I played with!!!!!!!!!!

When I seen this website and some of the oldschool sets you guys have posted I LOVED IT!!! BTW, are any of the older sets still available I would love to buy then for my children!!

Last year i seen the castle I had back in Europe and I bought it right away. It was Black Falckon's Castle and bought it for 40 bucks. I think my mom bought it for $25 back then, and she even paid in US dollars back during the good ol commi days. :lol:

But ond day I took it apart and build another castle with my son......and now that I want to build it again.....I lost the instructions. Where would I be able to obtain these??? I would like ot build it asap :)

Also I would like to buy some more sets....but just wondering who would still sell those?

TIA
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

You can find the instructions for the Black Falcon's Fortress here: http://library.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/g ... cgi?f=1479

I don't believe any of the older sets are still available from Shop@Home, but you can find just about any set (or original instructions for what ever set you want) here: www.bricklink.com
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
TurboLego
Gong Farmer

Post by TurboLego »

Many thanks!!!

Building it now :)
Webrain
Journeyman

Post by Webrain »

Hi, welcome to CC

Basically we all but old set from Ebay http://www.ebay.com
but it's not that cheap
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

hiya turbo - welcome!

Great to see you have such enthusiasm still, and are getting some for your kids. :)
I know my son and I and hopefully my daughter (when she is old enough to stop eating the minifigs :lol: ) have a great time playing with lego.

The others have mentioned where we all usually go, brickshelf being great for instructions, and ebay for complete sets, bricklink is also great, if you arent a collector that's what i'd recommend. You can get the instructions, and all the bricks separately for cheaper than the original Mint in same box. :D

good luck, and welcome once again.
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

HowD! Welcome to the forums!

Being new to the great world of online LEGO, it thought I'd give you a few websites that all LEGO enthusiasts should be familiar with.

Of course, there's Ebay; a great place to get sets or spare parts. If you want good deals, though, you'll have to be patient.

Then there's BrickLink, which you have already been introduced to. This is a good place to get parts, but sets and complete figs are usually outrageously priced. You have to set up a BrickLink account to be able to buy.

Peeron is good for knowing what any LEGO set contains in peices.

You can host LEGO related pictures on Brickshelf and vew other's creations there as well. This is also THE place to go for scans of instructions and old catalogs.

Then there is Lugnet.com, America's (and some of the rest of the world's) general LEGO comunity.

Can anyone think of some more to show him?

Welcome again!
The Josh
Apprentice

Post by The Josh »

I moved this topis to buy/sell/trade because that's where I think it belongs.

Hi TurboLego and welome to Classic-Castle!

Some of the other members have mentioned some great sites to buy old Lego sets, but I think another great way to get old sets is to look for them at estate sales or to get them from friends who don't want them anymore. Although it is no always easy to do, getting Lego from friends or estate sales is the cheapest way to find old sets and pieces if you’re not stuck on getting one specific set.

-The Josh