Where do you get the bulk of your bricks?

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items

Where do you get the Bulk of your bricks?

From the sets I buy
52%
From Ebay
6%
From Bulk packs
3%
From Bricklink
29%
Other
10%

Total votes: 31

Gumby
Steward

Post by Gumby »

I also get most of my LEGO pieces from sets that I've purchased in multiples from retail stores. However, that's going to stop because of the colour change.

I'll go to eBay for specific sets that aren't available anymore, and Bricklink for specific parts. The closest Pick-a-brick is more than 2 hours away, so I don't rely on that too much. I managed to bulk up on my grey bricks by ordering a bunch of the classic grey assorted bulk packs, but I've got enough for now (and no money).

In the future, I forsee using Bricklink exclusively.

-Bryan
Chancellor Erik
Apprentice

Post by Chancellor Erik »

Most of my bricks come from Lego SAH, I order 5-20 bulk brick packs at a time. That's between 250 and 1000 of the same kind of bricks. Good thing I can use all of them. And they still come in old colors!
Remember, when you reach for the stars, they're too far away and its hopeless. And even if you could, that would burn your hand clean off. - Wally, from Scott Adams' "Dilbert"
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Thnaks for all the great replies guys. I'm thinking that after I get money from Christmas and my Birthday three months follwoing, I will get an order from BL or find something on ebay I want.
Space rocks.
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

I'm just finishing my first order of 55 swords, 2 black axes ,3 brown axes, 7 dark grey with fixed face grill and 4 black falcons(4 of the swords, one of the black axes, two of the brown, two of the helmets and all the black falcons aren't for me).
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
kingkastle
Laborer

Post by kingkastle »

I've been relying on shop at home for single colour bulk bricks, ebay for things like minifigs and weaponry ect... and I've only just discovered bricklink. After seeing the vast quantities available on bricklink I think this will be my new major source of bulk brick funding.
Dusty
Apprentice

Post by Dusty »

I would have to say all of the above. My mom sometimes goes to Savers to buy stuff for ebay (she is one of THOSE ebayers) and she will happen upon bags of legos and buy them and send them my way. The amazing stuff in those bags. I buy alot some would say (not enough I say) and ask for them and go to ebay and bid amd then go and buy more and so forth and so on.

Dont look so glum chum when you look at your bricks. I used to have a small amount and no funds so my loyalty wained in the best years and now I get to shop around on ebay. Just hang in and do what you can. Christmas and Bdays are great to ask for those and when people say but what if you have it already you come up with some great reply like "but it it is one you got me it is more special" or "The more legos I have the more my imagination might grow or my education may advance" I will shut up now.

Dusty