Site that sells Military Moc's.....

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!
Jacob C. wrote:I never quite understood why Lego will not make military sets......I don't think it would offend anyone??
Yes it would. I would be offended.
Of course that I would be offended would never be a reason for them to do or to refrain from anything. At least they still stand to their silly colour decision despite me being offended by it.... (different story).

But LEGO is a toy-company that in their self-conception is educational. And they don't want to teach children that war is any good. Nor do they even want to teach children that war is anything they (the children) should think of at all. War should never be part of children's lives, be it in reality (God forbid!) or be it in their plays. That's why LEGO doesn't produce war toys that resemble contemporary war weaponry.

Fighting knights, however, with swords and lances are from times that are gone long enough to be not related to any war that's on TV right now (Afghanistan, Sudan, Iraq, Israel, ... ).

Bye
Jojo

This is just the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

I have produced my own custom set. As others have said, the high prices are due to the cost of bricks through bricklink or parting out sets for the models. When you factor in instructions, box costs, labor for assembling the set and designing it, the costs increase. My "Woodcutter's Cabin" custom set was sold at cost. I did this mainly because I just wanted to make a custom set.

www.classic-castle.com/sets/archives/ellermann001.html

The price was still $60 for 350 pieces. LEGO could make this and sell it for $25 to $30. The price that my custom set should have sold for was around $100 to take into account labor. If I ever made more copies, that is how much it would be.

Instructions are the best alternative if you do not have much money for customs. Most Afols will have many of the pieces needed to build someone else's custom model and extra pieces can be found on bricklink.

Ben E.