Where can I find these castle peices?

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

Formendacil wrote:
rogue27 wrote:Not counting the re-releases, those grilled helmets were only available in sets from 1984-1988, and were completely abandoned in favor of the visor helmets that came out in 1990.
Not so.

The grilled helm was available with two of the knights that came with the Dungeon Master's Castle, 6086, (which came out in 1992) there was one with the Royal Knight's Castle 6090 (which came out in 1995), and the same Royal Knight was to be found again in Fright Knight set (sorry, I forget the name. The one with ugly plastic cave), which shows that it was still being used in sets as late as 1997.
Wow. I'm surprised they used that piece again. I had no clue, since I wasn't collecting during those years. Anyway, let me rephrase what I said:

Grill helms were rarely used after 1988 because they started using visor helmets for most knights afterwards.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Cyclonis
Bailiff

Post by Cyclonis »

Okay, I've placed my order :D :D :D I have also chucked in a few more hairpieces, so i have raised the bar by two dollars...now i can't wait to recieve it. :D :wink:
Gumby
Steward

Post by Gumby »

Cyclonis wrote:Okay, I've placed my order :D :D :D I have also chucked in a few more hairpieces, so i have raised the bar by two dollars...now i can't wait to recieve it. :D :wink:
Err, isn't placing an order through Bricklink an example of buying something over the internet? I thought you wanted to avoid that?

-Bryan
Cyclonis
Bailiff

Post by Cyclonis »

Yes, it is. I can buy stuff, just don't want to buy stuff from overseas. This person is in my Country, so the postage doesnt cost much.
Cyclonis
Bailiff

Post by Cyclonis »

Okay, ive sent the money order.
30items for 21.00 dollars, and about 3 dollars for postage.
pretty cool, huh.
Dragonlord Esq.
Reeve

Post by Dragonlord Esq. »

Cyclonis wrote:As for the money order for other countries, I have to pay an extra $28.00 for my money to be exchanged into USD! its rediculous! so i can't do any buying or trading from you guys. sorry, but its for my own good.
I've bought orders from Europe, Asia, and Australia, and I've always been able to pay in US Dollars. I guess I'm spoiled since the USD is the dominant world currency (please don't quote me and turn this into a Euro discussion). Does it not work the other way? My Onkel sent me a money order in Euros and I was able to exchange it for Dollars at my bank with no charge. I don't really understand where the $28 comes in. Am I missing something?
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

Dragonlord Esq. wrote:
Cyclonis wrote:As for the money order for other countries, I have to pay an extra $28.00 for my money to be exchanged into USD! its rediculous! so i can't do any buying or trading from you guys. sorry, but its for my own good.
I've bought orders from Europe, Asia, and Australia, and I've always been able to pay in US Dollars. I guess I'm spoiled since the USD is the dominant world currency (please don't quote me and turn this into a Euro discussion). Does it not work the other way? My Onkel sent me a money order in Euros and I was able to exchange it for Dollars at my bank with no charge. I don't really understand where the $28 comes in. Am I missing something?
Just pay by Paypal. Its easy to buy from anywhere these days.

And I don't understand this $28 dollar cost either. Are you refering to the exchange rate (the difference in value between your dollar and the US dollar)?

Later.
Cyclonis
Bailiff

Post by Cyclonis »

i had to pay an extra $28.00 to get my AUD's transferred into an american money order. don't warry, its complicated.

Also, the idiot didnt even give me my item. he practically robbed me of 35 dollars!!! I can give you his name, so that you are catious not to buy from him.

Rich Manzo
BZP member: Bionicle Rex. Also an admin an owner of BZPower.com

Thats who he is, don't purchase items from him!
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Do you mean you haven't recieved your items yet? How long ago did you send in the money order, and where are you located as opposed to where he is located? If both of you live on opposide sides of the planet and you just sent the money order a few days ago, it's going to take time for him to recieve the order and ship it. Heck, even shipping from one side of the United States to the other sides takes time. :?

All I'm saying is, unless you've been waiting for a month or so, just wait and see what happens before complaining.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

From what it seems to me, you are overreacting a bit. If you sent the money order on the 8th (the day you announced here), then the payment is probably still in the mail. It usually takes up to a week for an order to be completed - sometimes more - I once waited three, on no fault to the seller.
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
Cyclonis
Bailiff

Post by Cyclonis »

oh no, i am, not over reacting, i sent it over 2 years ago.

Of course, I have asked him, I have complained, I've tried EVERYTHING! but im pretty sure he blocked me on the forums,sinse he never replies, and he deletes the topics i start about the order. I have to just, let it go, and stop warrying about it.
Cyclonis
Bailiff

Post by Cyclonis »

oh, and this shonkey order of which i am talking about, is NOT the person that i am bying off right now. The person that this topic was about is a good seller.

what i am saying, is that 2 years ago, i had an order silemma where i had to pay extra for nothing.

Just to clear things, Right now, I am buying from a bricklink store called "Steves Lego" it is a good store, and it has heaps. I recomend it to you all.
Farithdir
Villein

Post by Farithdir »

I remember I got ripped of the same way by some guy on E-bay...luckily I used paypal and I got a full refund, but It really opened my eyes to the catiousness that is needed when purchasing items on the internet. Dang I feel bad for you...........
Cyclonis
Bailiff

Post by Cyclonis »

Hey, I recieved my Lego Order today. I have already used all of the helmet peices on my minifigs, I'll take some digital photos of the minifigs in my "Castle-Hill" town, and post them here.