I finally got it!!!

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
Dragonlord Esq.
Reeve

I finally got it!!!

Post by Dragonlord Esq. »

I know this isn't as big of a deal to most you, but everyone here knows the pure joy (with a natural high side-effect) that I'm experiencing right now. My #6086 Black Knight's Castle came in the mail today! I can't find an appropriate emoticon for this feeling, so just picture Busch Stadium when the Red Sox won the series. I have been wanting this set since I was 8 years old. I used to stare at the 1992 US catalog for hours wishing I could have it, and finally, I do. If I had a digital camera, you would see a very proud man before you.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Hi Dragonlord,

The Announcements forum is only for messages saying "I am new here" or "I am leaving" etc and not for general topics. Since you just bought a set, that should be discussed in Buy/Sell/Trade and I will move this thread. Please read the ToS and the forum descriptions to post in the correct places. Thanks.

Ben E.
CC Sets Admin
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Wow! Way to go, I wish I had one. How much did it cost, wast it new?
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Umgarla
Laborer

Post by Umgarla »

Give it to me now! ;)
ok... serious that's a great castle, at least that's what they say... I haven't got it myself so I'd love to know too how much you bought it for?
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=115690]"Wi nøt trei a høliday in Sweden this yer?"[/url]
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

I'm glad you like it. The Black Knights' Castle is easily one of the best sets Lego ever produced. I simply love this set for all the parts and figs. It's an embodiment of what classic castle was about.
Dragonlord Esq.
Reeve

I got it for $115 on Bricklink, and the shipping was $7. It was in the US, too. That's the best price I've found for it. I've seen it on Ebay for around $150 usually. Sometimes less.
Umgarla
Laborer

Post by Umgarla »

115$ eh? This makes me very angry with myself. My neighbour used to have this set, and if I'd known at that time what it would be worth I'd bought it from him for 300DKK or something like that. That would be like 50$ today... :(
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=115690]"Wi nøt trei a høliday in Sweden this yer?"[/url]
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

Nice, I remember when I got mine in the mail from BL. the peices were great and I only paid $82.00 (plus shipping) :D

LR
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Wow. You paid a lot for it. Considering you can find an opened one with all the pieces for 80 bucks or less on ebay. But hey, you're happy with it and that's ll that matters.

Congrats BTW. :D
Space rocks.
Dragonlord Esq.
Reeve

Yeah, it is quite a bit of money, but I've never seen it go for that low on Ebay and I don't trust non-LEGO related sites for big sets. I remember getting the Armor Shop on Ebay with a broken Crusader flag. :cry: There were other upsets as well.
Gumby
Steward

Post by Gumby »

Uhh... now I don't feel so good about getting a 6086 (with a box in good condition) on eBay recently for $129 (plus shipping)... Yours came with a box?

-Bryan
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

Awsome set

i recieved mine for christmas in 94 and it is still together under a blanket of dust.

: )

I need the parts for a MOC but just cant bring myself to do it.
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

Great set. All those old castles are great. I love the half timbered house in the back. And the white dragon decorations. And the big flag. And the... And the... etc.

I'd love to snag a second one at a good price.
I got it for $115 on Bricklink, and the shipping was $7. It was in the US, too. That's the best price I've found for it. I've seen it on Ebay for around $150 usually. Sometimes less.
Don't let all of the talk about prices make you think you got a bad deal and ruin your enjoyment. If you're happy with it, you made a good deal.
i recieved mine for christmas in 94 and it is still together under a blanket of dust.
The dust provides a good protective layer. Keeps it from getting scuffed. :wink:

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Dragonlord Esq.
Reeve

Gumby wrote:Uhh... now I don't feel so good about getting a 6086 (with a box in good condition) on eBay recently for $129 (plus shipping)... Yours came with a box?

-Bryan
Unfortunately it didn't come with a box. But I got one from a friend of mine who still had his. He likes my LEGO stuff, but he's not an AFOL. Even the box is awesome.
Farithdir
Villein

Post by Farithdir »

I got one on Ebay for 90 bucks. Unfortunately, the seller never sent it to me. Luckily, I didn't lose any money on the deal and the seller was kicked of Ebay. I'm still mad about that.