MegaBloks DRagons

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
LEGO_KNIGHT
Artisan

Post by LEGO_KNIGHT »

Here are the deep links to Brickshelf pics of my Mega Bloks/Lego knight and the large minifig I made.
I find the small fig interesting. It show a wider upper torso. Brawn.

I feel the small fig should fit well with other LEGO minifigs.

Thanks. :)
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Re: Minifig pics

Post by footsteps »

Very cool. The knight has a very LOTR(movie) feel to it. And the big guy looks like the basis for cave trolls and other such LOTR big beasties.

Good work!

Alan
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Dan_BL wrote:
...And never buys them for fear of being accused of blasphemy :)

Dan
A very wise decision.

*readies troops, including the controversial Conflict Zone guys if anyone buys MegaBlok Dragqueens... erm Dragons* :twisted:
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

JPinoy wrote:
Dan_BL wrote:
...And never buys them for fear of being accused of blasphemy :)

Dan
A very wise decision.

*readies troops, including the controversial Conflict Zone guys if anyone buys MegaBlok Dragqueens... erm Dragons* :twisted:
great one JP - hehehe

and I agree..
blasphemers beware :D
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

I have no need for megablocks :D

LR
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

I could be considered a blasphemer and I fear no wrath. I have purchased one or two of the Megabloks tins out of curiosity. I must say they are not that bad. For those out there who can't afford the $2.75 USD average for a castle fig, I think they are a decent alternative.

Would I make an army out of them? No.

Will I buy more? Probably not.

Do I regret buying them? No.

The only reason I don't plan on getting more is that I am in brick buying mode. I am only going to purchase brick until I see what the new Castle and Harry Potter lines look like in person. If they are as high priced and dissapointing as they look. I may decide to buy more Megaloks and I won't feel bad about it.

When it comes to the hobby of building, I would prefer Lego, but if their product releases continue to disappoint... perhaps a dark ages will be in order.

Still hoping that a new castle Legend will be released and as a wide release retail item. Then perhaps I'd have a reason to be a purist...

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
LEGO_KNIGHT
Artisan

Post by LEGO_KNIGHT »

wlister wrote:
Still hoping that a new castle Legend will be released and as a wide release retail item. Then perhaps I'd have a reason to be a purist...
*pray* please be it 6086..please be it 6086...

Erwin
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

LOL, 6086 had all the minifigs you needed to build a army (and 6085 had alot of fig's to) I would buy both. I think they are the best minifig building army sets TLC ever came out with.

LR
Jedipawn
Artisan

Post by Jedipawn »

why is noone noticing 6080? talk about an army builder!! Four soldgers, four archers, and four nights!!! ok, I will admit that I lean towords the older "crusaders" but you have to love that set. I am not taking away from the black monarchs castle. IMO that is a great set also!! anyone got one of these two for sale??

Jedipawn
Long, long ago. In a galaxy far, far away... THERE WERE CASTLES!!!!!
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

i will buy lego alone from now on for one reason. they are not made in red china.
Pacificus
Villein

Blockos

Post by Pacificus »

I think that Blockos (my pet term for Megawhatnots, derived from that one episode of The Simpsons) are good (a relative term, mind you) for weapon diversity, without taking the enormous effort of crafting your own custom weaponry. The shields, to a degree, match with the Black Knight faction's dragon shields--but that is a stretch, I'll admit. The hatchets make for okay, ancient Dwarf axes, or something to that effect. Are there any Blocko swords in production? It would be cool to have a couple of "ancient" swords in circulation in my LEGO Castle world.
PACIFICVS
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

Yes, I'll agree the swords and weapons are great, but the "Warfang" weapons are loose and easily broken. I like the tins, but the men are not very manueverable and their limbs wear out, and the main sets (Save the "Man 'O War") are very clumsy and fall apart with a flick. I gave myself blisters building Draigar Castle, a very torturous experience I had to go through many times over every time it fell over!
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
Daimyo
Squire

Re: Blockos

Post by Daimyo »

Pacificus wrote:I think that Blockos (my pet term for Megawhatnots, derived from that one episode of The Simpsons) are good (a relative term, mind you) for weapon diversity, without taking the enormous effort of crafting your own custom weaponry. The shields, to a degree, match with the Black Knight faction's dragon shields--but that is a stretch, I'll admit. The hatchets make for okay, ancient Dwarf axes, or something to that effect. Are there any Blocko swords in production? It would be cool to have a couple of "ancient" swords in circulation in my LEGO Castle world.
The new Norvagen faction has them. you can also get a cool new axe in their War chest (Tin).
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

I had 2 MB sets, got them as presents, and donated them to charity! They were never mixed with LEGO, instead they stayed in a box far away from my LEGO. I would never EVER buy another MB set again. They are junk!
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

[quote="Sir Terrance"]I had 2 MB sets, got them as presents, and donated them to charity! They were never mixed with LEGO, instead they stayed in a box far away from my LEGO. I would never EVER buy another MB set again. They are junk![/quote]I bought a set off of ebay :oops: .what a waste of$$$. megabloks are junk. The reason I bought them is because I was interested in the minifigs but three itms broke the day after i got the set.MEGABLOKS ARE JUNK!!!!!!!
Space rocks.