Bricklink terms?

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
Unknown Knight
Laborer

Bricklink terms?

Post by Unknown Knight »

I was just wondering do you ever find bricklink terms confusing? :?

Like for example the dark gray castle visor under its bricklink name is dark gray helmet visor pointed.

I find it kind of frustrating trying to search for something.
the Unknown Knight
----------
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
Section8
Villein

Post by Section8 »

Haha, yeah, it does get weird sometimes. I've found going on Peeron.com and looking up a set with the piece you want to get the part number, then searching by that on bricklink produces good results for most of the more common pieces.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Yeah, I find it confusing too. I usually go to a LUGNET set database page where I know the part I am looking for is in, then I click on "Set Inventory On Bricklink.com". Then I just browse the parts list until I find the one I'm looking for.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
J1A3L5
Steward

Post by J1A3L5 »

Actually, I find Bricklink fairly easy to navigate - The catalog is really cool.

To me, it being a pointed visor is logical. It being a "castle visor" could cover a few types - KK2 visors too, for example. Though it being a pointed visor points toward that one specific piece. I believe the Bricklink part catalog is meant to avoid matching themes to pieces, except in the cases of minifig body parts.

Try to search for things using descriptive words, not theme-oriented words, and see if that helps.

-John "J1A3L5" Langrish.