Yellow Castle $?

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
Sir Smittens
Foot Soldier

Yellow Castle $?

Post by Sir Smittens »

It turns out my second cousin (or so) has one of the Yellow Castles!

He's considering selling it, but neither of us know what a resonable price would be. I'll probably end up averaging whatever you guys say, so the more comments the better.
Last edited by Sir Smittens on Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Philosophies of my life:

"A PC turned off is better than a PC turned on"

"It's not about who wins...it's about who gets to gloat after they win."
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Hi Sir Smittens,

First - this post belongs in buy sell trade so I moved it there.

For the 375, much depends on how complete the set is and the condition of the figures and stickers. A castle alone, without figures is worth about $50-60. With a complete selection of figures in good condition - the set can sell between $140-$200+. Having the original box and instructions help as well. So as you can see there are a lot of variables. To get a good estimate, you should post pictures on the web somewhere.

Ben E.
Sets Admin
CC Sets Admin
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

um - five dollars! yeah thats it - five brand new dollars! and um.. whats in my pocket here.. um a lego brick! yeah :D

seriously dude
check out BL, and Ben E sure knows what he is talking about when it comes to this set.

BTW - don't figure in my answer in your averages.. it'll just mess it up.... :lol:

good luck dude!

freak
Sir Smittens
Foot Soldier

Post by Sir Smittens »

It might be a while before I can check on the quality of stuff...I don't see him that often (It was at the end my last visit that we found it).

Thanks for the help Ben, and moving this here (though it took me a while to find it). I sure hope its at the low end of the $140-$200 range--I'll probably try to get it.
Philosophies of my life:

architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Hi,

I would try to get the castle for a cheaper price where you are both happy. Remind your cousin that he/she saves the money of selling on ebay, paypal fees, the effort of listing and shipping, etc. So I would try to get it for $100-$120 if you can.

For lost posts - click on you profile (while not logged in) and go to posts made by Sir Smittens, then you can find it very fast. I dont like to leave ghost topics linking to the moved one because it clutters up the forums.

Ben
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

I wish my cousin would sell me his LEGO. He probably has a 375 lying around somewhere. He keep his LEGO it for when little kids come over so they can play with it!!! :shock: The thought makes me said to see old bricks being wrecked, however he used to spray paint a piece if he couldn't find on in a certain color!!! :shock: :shock:
porschecm2
Councilor

Post by porschecm2 »

I know people like that. Even though it seems a little ironic, it's so heart breaking to see people actually letting kids *play* with their Lego... :? You should offer to buy him lots of nice shiny new Lego in trade for his old beat up stuff.

Cm2
Sir Smittens
Foot Soldier

Post by Sir Smittens »

Hey, thanks for all the help you guys…

I think I kind of pestered him last time, so I'm going to wait a while before I bring it back up.

Unfortunately, he's keeping the legos in case he ever has kids, so I'm pretty much in the same situation as you guys.

What's working for me, however, is that this seems to be the only castle thing in his collection. He's not sure where he got it, as the rest is all space (hssss). He (hopefully) might not want a lone castle set on his hands…
Philosophies of my life: