Classic-Castle.com

The source for all your LEGO Castle needs!

10 Tips To Win At Second-Hand Lego Hunting

Discussion of photography, editing and publishing techniques

Postby castlebuilder100 » Wed May 14, 2008 8:40 pm

Danielas wrote:WERE DO YOU LIVE!!!!!! Can i come over some time???? Whats the store called!!

Now why would I want someone else as competition? :wink:
castlebuilder100
Man-At-Arms

Postby castlebuilder100 » Wed May 14, 2008 8:41 pm

[quote="Peppermint Pig"]

Those are indeed some very good deals. Have you considered reselling them for a profit?quote]

No I haven't but I'll have to look into that.
castlebuilder100
Man-At-Arms

Postby Peppermint Pig » Thu May 15, 2008 3:05 am

Don't think of it as competition. Keep what you want, and sell the rest to pay for your Lego buying habits.
Peppermint Pig
candied swine

Postby castlebuilder100 » Thu May 15, 2008 3:46 am

Peppermint Pig wrote:Don't think of it as competition. Keep what you want, and sell the rest to pay for your Lego buying habits.

What do you mean :?? I was saying that if I told someone where it was I would have competition in buying from the store. Besides I am pretty sure that this store only has one location.
castlebuilder100
Man-At-Arms

Postby Peppermint Pig » Thu May 15, 2008 5:09 pm

Then don't tell people where it is. Buy up the good deals and resell others with a slight markup to recoup costs.
Peppermint Pig
candied swine

Postby The Phantom » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:49 am

castlebuilder100 wrote:
Peppermint Pig wrote:Don't think of it as competition. Keep what you want, and sell the rest to pay for your Lego buying habits.

What do you mean :?? I was saying that if I told someone where it was I would have competition in buying from the store. Besides I am pretty sure that this store only has one location.

Let me guess... Tuesday Morning?
><>Ben<><
The Phantom
Freeman

Postby castlebuilder100 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:35 am

The Phantom wrote:
castlebuilder100 wrote:

Let me guess... Tuesday Morning?

Umm....maybe :wink:. Yeah you are right. I dind't know that it had other locations. I have only seen one.

EDIT I just went on to theirwebsite and they have many locations. :oops: Sorry.
castlebuilder100
Man-At-Arms

Postby rogue27 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:57 pm

I've got some tips:

1. Don't Wake Up!

You would not believe how many times I stumble upon this amazing cache of LEGO in my dreams. Just last night, I bought 3 huge tubs of LEGO containing Black Monarch's castle, Forestman's River Fortress, and tons of other sets from that era. Then I woke up. :(

2. Mom

If you have a mom, aunt, or other local relative who goes to garage sales, ask her to keep an eye out for LEGO. My mother has called me on multiple occasions when she found LEGO at a garage sale, and I've gotten some amazing deals.

3. Get the word out

Tell people that you are looking for collections of old LEGO. Perhaps your sister will marry a guy with a LEGO collection. Perhaps your friend's cousin is trying to get rid of his LEGO. Maybe somebody will trade you their old LEGO collection for other services; web programming, for example. Trust me, these things happen. ;)

4. Call!

Many Craigslist sellers do not respond to e-mails. Some are lazy, others don't check it enough, and some believe a buyer isn't serious if they won't spend the money to call. If the seller has a number listed, call it! They can't ignore once you start talking at their head.
rogue27
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Postby The Phantom » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:25 pm

I didn't know either until that "Tuesday morning sale" thread poped up a couple months back.

I got a Batcave for $30 from the sale. :P I luv that store.
><>Ben<><
The Phantom
Freeman

Postby Luke the Warrior » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:07 pm

Bricklink...Duh :P.
Starbucks is French for, You are paying to much for coffee.
Luke the Warrior
Peasant

Postby JoshWedin » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:30 am

Luke the Warrior wrote:Bricklink...Duh :P.

You need to articulate your thoughts better. Your statement is not clear. It is also bordering on the offensive. Are you responding to a particular comment or the thread as a whole?

If your comment is regarding the whole conversation, you are sadly mistaken. Bricklink is not the best place to buy second-hand Lego. It is a wonderful place to buy the particular pieces you need/want. But I have gotten much better deals from many of the sources mentioned in this thread.

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

Image The Brothers Brick
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre
Chevalier de Chèvre

Re: 10 Tips To Win At Second-Hand Lego Hunting

Postby Attli35 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:48 pm

I once got 2 Vladek Dark Fortress, 3 Prison Caves, and 2 King's Siege All 50% off at local Train Club that decided to start dealing in bricks. They had a good selection in the beginning and then decided to get out of Lego. This was ttwo or three years ago. Went back to the store a week later and somebody bought the Bat crap all up :cry: .
Attli35
Serf

Previous

Return to Publishing