Classic-Castle.com


The source for all your LEGO Castle needs!

New TFOL LEGO Forum

Discussion of photography, editing and publishing techniques

New TFOL LEGO Forum

Postby Napoleon » Sat May 29, 2010 4:56 am

http://s7.invisionfree.com/Teen_LEGO_Fans/index.php

There she is! It's finally done! But, I still have to add new categories. There are only a couple different topic choices right now, but I will change that tomorrow.

I want to change the logo. I want one that reads "Teen LEGO Fans." Can someone help?

I am probably going to use a Webs.com site to serve as the front page and link to the forum on it. How does that sound?
EDIT: http://teenlegofans.webs.com/ Here is what will serve as a front page. If I want to post a picture on the front page of say, one of Jordan Schwarz's MOCs, how do I do it?

Should I have put this in the "Announcements" forum?

Yes, I am a total newbie to this kind of thing, and I was barely able to slog through the InvisionFree set-up process.
"There are two powers in this world, the sword and the pen; and in the end the former is always conquered by the latter"- Napoleon Bonaparte

TeenLEGOFans.com!

My Flickr!
User avatar
Napoleon
Archer
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:05 pm
Location: Vendameria, leading the knights into battle. :P

Re: New LEGO Forum

Postby JoshWedin » Sun May 30, 2010 2:30 pm

"Publishing" is the perfect place for this. Good job on following through. I'm always happy when someone sees a niche that they feel needs filling and they fill it. Over the years I've gotten irritated with people who want other people to do all the work. I hope your forum does well.

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

Image The Brothers Brick
User avatar
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre
Chevalier de Chèvre
 
Posts: 5642
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2003 2:35 pm
Location: Pondering what you are pondering

Re: New TFOL LEGO Forum

Postby Handar » Mon May 31, 2010 4:28 pm

Congratulations! I took a look at the forum, and it seems to be very carefully and logically laid out. Hopefully this will be the start of a fantastic new place for discussion, and I wish you all the best of luck with it!
Handar
Archer
 
Posts: 368
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:41 pm

Re: New TFOL LEGO Forum

Postby Forestboy » Mon May 31, 2010 6:22 pm

I joined a couple days ago as the second member (a proud moment :mrgreen: ) and the place looks pretty cool so far. You did a nice job. :wink:
User avatar
Forestboy
Steward
 
Posts: 591
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:49 pm
Location: In the treetops learning from Robin himself...

Re: New LEGO Forum

Postby Napoleon » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:34 am

JoshWedin wrote:"Publishing" is the perfect place for this. Good job on following through. I'm always happy when someone sees a niche that they feel needs filling and they fill it. Over the years I've gotten irritated with people who want other people to do all the work. I hope your forum does well.

Josh


Thanks, Josh! I am glad you feel that way. :)

Handar wrote:Congratulations! I took a look at the forum, and it seems to be very carefully and logically laid out. Hopefully this will be the start of a fantastic new place for discussion, and I wish you all the best of luck with it!


Thanks! You are welcome to join. :D

Forestboy wrote:I joined a couple days ago as the second member (a proud moment :mrgreen: ) and the place looks pretty cool so far. You did a nice job. :wink:


I know. :mrgreen: It was a proud moment for myself to get my first member. Thanks for the compliment. When we get enough members, I can make you a mod if you so desire. How does this sound: "Moderator Forestboy?"
"There are two powers in this world, the sword and the pen; and in the end the former is always conquered by the latter"- Napoleon Bonaparte

TeenLEGOFans.com!

My Flickr!
User avatar
Napoleon
Archer
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:05 pm
Location: Vendameria, leading the knights into battle. :P

Re: New LEGO Forum

Postby Forestboy » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:09 am

Napoleon wrote:
Forestboy wrote:I joined a couple days ago as the second member (a proud moment :mrgreen: ) and the place looks pretty cool so far. You did a nice job. :wink:


I know. :mrgreen: It was a proud moment for myself to get my first member. Thanks for the compliment. When we get enough members, I can make you a mod if you so desire. How does this sound: "Moderator Forestboy?"


Oooh, I can already feel the power rising within me! :eyebrows:
User avatar
Forestboy
Steward
 
Posts: 591
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:49 pm
Location: In the treetops learning from Robin himself...

Re: New TFOL LEGO Forum

Postby Hound Knight » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:24 pm

I joined your new forum today Napoleon! :)
"I can avoid being seen if I wish, but to disappear entirely, that is a rare gift."
User avatar
Hound Knight
Artiste De Sigifigs
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:53 pm
Location: Ye Ancient Kingdome of Ohio

Re: New TFOL LEGO Forum

Postby Funnyham » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:42 pm

I may well join. I never did understand the Eurobricks restrictions...
A MOC a day keeps the doctor away.
User avatar
Funnyham
Laborer
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:36 pm
Location: Merrie olde England

Re: New TFOL LEGO Forum

Postby Napoleon » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:10 pm

Hound Knight wrote:I joined your new forum today Napoleon! :)


Hurrah! I've seen you on all the other sites, but I never dreamed that the famous Artiste De Sigifigs would join my site. You are something like a LEGO internet celebrity. Welcome, sir! And I say again, welcome!

Funnyham wrote:I may well join. I never did understand the Eurobricks restrictions...


Nope, I never understood why they had to do it either. You too, are most welcome to join. :D Come one come all! Step right up and join the latest site dedicated to LEGO.
"There are two powers in this world, the sword and the pen; and in the end the former is always conquered by the latter"- Napoleon Bonaparte

TeenLEGOFans.com!

My Flickr!
User avatar
Napoleon
Archer
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:05 pm
Location: Vendameria, leading the knights into battle. :P

Re: New TFOL LEGO Forum

Postby Albatross_Viking » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:55 pm

The site looks really good...
And you just got another member :)

A_V
Lenfel Militia & Minister of Information Distribution
Image
Image
FlickR
User avatar
Albatross_Viking
Gentleman
 
Posts: 730
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:58 am
Location: Denmark - The Frozen North


Return to Publishing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest