Discussion of photography, editing and publishing techniques
babyjawa
Steward

Post by babyjawa »

I think the story for my avatar is the stupidest. I like Jojo's avatar because it like is a merchant with a stand type thing.
My life is based on a true story.
HenrytheV
Gentleman

Post by HenrytheV »

Maedhros wrote:So, I´ve updated my avatar now.
Behold, here is Maedhros version two!

Hope Formendacil is satisfied now ;)

EDIT: Hmm.... his hair actually looks purple on that picture...it´s supposed to be dark red anyway :P
What's with him missing a hand?
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=HenrytheV]My Bricklink Store[/url]
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

HenrytheV wrote:
Maedhros wrote:So, I´ve updated my avatar now.
Behold, here is Maedhros version two!

Hope Formendacil is satisfied now ;)

EDIT: Hmm.... his hair actually looks purple on that picture...it´s supposed to be dark red anyway :P
What's with him missing a hand?
His cousin Fingon cut it off to save him from Morgoth.

That´s a short version, if you´d like the long version read the Silmarillion ;)
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Nick
Steward

Post by Nick »

Did you read all of Silmarillion? I've read some, but I got slightly bored by it.
Nice new avatar, better than the old one, I hope Tolkienists are pleased :wink: .
I like Jojo's avatar because it like is a merchant with a stand type thing.
I like Jojo's avatar too, it's very well made - the size is very small, but a lot of things are fitted into it.
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Nick wrote:Did you read all of Silmarillion? I've read some, but I got slightly bored by it.
Seven times 8)
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Nick
Steward

Post by Nick »

Then why don't you make Tolkienist MOCs? If you now the material, surely you won't just restrict yourself to an avatar :wink: .
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Nick wrote:Then why don't you make Tolkienist MOCs? If you now the material, surely you won't just restrict yourself to an avatar :wink: .
I´m not a fan of illustrating books. But I like LEGO illustrations better than movies at least (*coughs* Peter Jackson *coughs*).

I have no plans at the moment but maybe some time in the future I´ll do someting...
- Augustinus Hipponensis
TheBohrok
Artisan

Post by TheBohrok »

My current avatar is Boromir. I know his hair should be black, but this is based on the movies, so you don't have to correct me Formendacil! :P
I think I should change it to something else though.
Nick
Steward

Post by Nick »

But I like LEGO illustrations better than movies at least (*coughs* Peter Jackson *coughs*).
:lol: Me too, I am not a great fan of the LOTR films, although the scenery there is quite impressive.
Why? It's a good avatar, and it's certainly a great photo, whenever I try to take close-up photos of Lego, it becomes all very blurry.
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

TheBohrok wrote:My current avatar is Boromir. I know his hair should be black, but this is based on the movies, so you don't have to correct me Formendacil! :P
Formendacil isn´t the only one...

The pic looks nice but I don´t like the fact that you based it on the movies instead of the books, or your own imagination for that matter...

But it´s your decision so I´ll just look at your avatar, think it looks nice and forget that it´s Boromir ;)
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Nick
Steward

Post by Nick »

Just posting to renew the thread, so people who haven't seen it yet can post.
He also bears a striking resemblence to my signature figure, a slightly modified Steven Speilberg face which I hope looks like me in LEGO:
Striking resemblence indeed! At fist I thought it was custom, until I read that it was Steven Speilberg. Where did you get the minifig, anyway?
E of Alshire
Merchant

Post by E of Alshire »

This is a custom viking, inspired by TTK's creative custom of a regular viking helm.
One of my troopers, with some evil-looking cutthroats behind him...
A trooper beating up a falcon. Those poor falcons get all the trash...
My first avatar, a desk. I like to write.
Shadow
Squire

Post by Shadow »

My Avatar is Matthais from my story. Although it wasn't a good picture, I used it anyway. You can check out his story in this link: http://www.geocities.com/shadowjpd/heroes2

I started out with a basic CC provided avatar, but soon evolved to the higher species of life :D
Nick
Steward

Post by Nick »

I started out with a basic CC provided avatar, but soon evolved to the higher species of life
Me too, I had the wolfpack shield for ages.
My first avatar, a desk.
I like your desk avatar more than the others. Only you could make it slightly less inclined, otherwise the inkbottle would slide off. And also, what's that transparent glass supposed to represent?
I like to write

You'd be a scribe in the middle ages :wink:.
Stone Goblin
Bailiff

Post by Stone Goblin »

My first avatar was a simple sample from my site. It's a piece from my pixel Celtic knot work art.
Which of course has a goblin in it.
My current goblin head is a another pixel piece I did with the help of my brother. He runs http://www.pixel-arts.org. If your interested stop by, they have a forum. This is a good place if want to be inspired by some cool art or learn how to pixel.
My MOCpages:[url]http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/2746[/url]

Our store(Peppermint Pig and I)
LibertyBRICK:[url]http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Stone_Goblin[/url]