Why not making our own Lego Castle mmorpg using Blockland?

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
El Mariachi
Laborer

Why not making our own Lego Castle mmorpg using Blockland?

Post by El Mariachi »

I'm sure a lot of people here is already familiarized with Blockland (http://www.blockland.us/index.asp?p=Home), but for those who arent allow me to explain: Blockland is a multiplayer lego building game made with Torque Game Engine. Though I dont understand a crap of coding, they say Torque is kinda easy to modify. So, instead of loosing time with text based mmorpgs, 'cause even though they may be cool they always lack in gameplay, assemble a decent team a create a Lego Castle MMORPG based on Blockland? A lot of mods already exist for this game but none of them ever got away from the original building based gameplay. It would be very cool, 'cause this game has a really good building system which could turn into something great when combined with roleplay features.

So cmon people whaddya say? It might not be an easy work, but it would surely be rewarding for every classic castle fans.
"God is dead; but considering the state the species Man is in, there will perhaps be caves, for ages yet, in which his shadow will be shown"

Friederich Nietzsche
leshrac
Villein

Post by leshrac »

Thats an excellent idea. I would subscribe to it. =)
My dark age lasted 3 weeks back in 1996!
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

I'm not sure exactly what you mean? Could you please explain a bit more detailed.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
El Mariachi
Laborer

Post by El Mariachi »

Download blockland and play it a little. Then imagine what would be if that was a true classic castle mmorpg. I'm but I dont thin I can explain that better unless you try Blockland.
"God is dead; but considering the state the species Man is in, there will perhaps be caves, for ages yet, in which his shadow will be shown"

Friederich Nietzsche
Shurtugal
Bailiff
Location: On the Albertan Prairies, listening to some slow country music

Post by Shurtugal »

Oooh, what's Blockland?

Well, this mmorpg idea is awesome, it's definately been going around for a while, but I would definately play it!
~Andrew C.

[url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php]MOCpages![/url]

Eka ai fricai un Shur'tugal! I am a Rider and a friend!
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

I'd try and download it, but my computer is going through a few technical difficulties right now.

Has anyone else here played it?
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

TheOrk wrote:Has anyone else here played it?
I downloaded it and tried to play, but I couldn't get onto any servers. It would load the data and then just sit there. Needless to say, I wasn't too impressed. I realize its just the free version of an upcoming retail version, but it really seemed to be lacking in many ways...

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
El Mariachi
Laborer

Post by El Mariachi »

JoshWedin wrote:
TheOrk wrote:Has anyone else here played it?
I downloaded it and tried to play, but I couldn't get onto any servers. It would load the data and then just sit there. Needless to say, I wasn't too impressed. I realize its just the free version of an upcoming retail version, but it really seemed to be lacking in many ways...

Josh
Go to the forums and download a mod for blockland like ''return to blockland'' and other. It should work fine. If not, check your firewall.

*EDIT*
Checked it out, almost all current servers are ''return to blockland ones'' so you gotta download that mod in the forums if you wanna play online. Otherwise you can always start an offline server just to test it. Still RTB is essential due to its cool features and a much larger number of bricks.

*EDIT2*
Download Return to blockland mod here - http://returntoblockland.com/forums/dlo ... ile_id=120 - it might be a large file (43 mb) but its worthwhile.

Friederich Nietzsche
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

I might not be able to download it right now, because I've just learned that my computer is almost out of RAM.

So if I drop off the face of the Earth for awhile, now you know. :wink:
Mike Viper
Archer
Location: At home practicing my singing, building, or hanging around with friends.

Post by Mike Viper »

Hey, about this, I downloaded it and all, but I can't find it in programs. Anyone know what's going on? Please help, and thanks.
I ow it to wunztwice for directing me here.
El Mariachi
Laborer

Post by El Mariachi »

Mike Viper wrote:Hey, about this, I downloaded it and all, but I can't find it in programs. Anyone know what's going on? Please help, and thanks.
Well, that may be a browser problem of yours. Try to download it again by using the ''save target as'' function (''Save link as'' in Firefox) and saving it on your desktop or something.

Friederich Nietzsche
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

El Mariachi wrote:Try to download it again by using the ''save target as'' function (''Save link as'' in Firefox) and saving it on your desktop or something.
I tried that, and it didn't work for me.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
El Mariachi
Laborer

Post by El Mariachi »

kelderic wrote:
El Mariachi wrote:Try to download it again by using the ''save target as'' function (''Save link as'' in Firefox) and saving it on your desktop or something.
I tried that, and it didn't work for me.

Kelderic
Format c:

Friederich Nietzsche
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Not cool. Locked.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].