Old Classic-Castle Roleplay: October 2006

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Old Classic-Castle Roleplay: October 2006

Post by Formendacil »

And herein is continued the old CCRP. New members please check out the stickied threads at the top of the forum if interested in joining the new Roleplay. The old Roleplay is closed to new members unless and until the Gaming Moderators say so- or someone asks.

~Michael A. Joosten - Gaming Moderator~
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Grid: P-18

Fully immersed in the pool, water seeping through her clothes to the skin, chilling and exhilerating her, Merina could feel something in her change- she was no longer infected. She slowly struggled to the surface.

Sir Dractor was tearing in her direction, shield missing. He reached down, and grabbed Merina's arm, hauling her up the embankment.

"We have to go!"

"What about... Vækadær," Merina stumbled for a moment in search of the name.

"I managed to beat him down," said Sir Dractor quickly. "But I didn't stay to try and finish it off- I wasn't sure I could. I simply fled."

Sir Dractor had FLED? Merina didn't like the sound of this.

"What about William and Sir Yves?"

"Sir Yves is dead," Sir Dractor's voice was empty of emotion. "William is... dying..."

With a gasp, Merina caught sight of William, not even five yards away, lying motionless on the ground.

"We have to save him!" Merina was already at William's side as she spoke. In the distance, she could dimly hear Vækadær running up, two or three surviving Fright Knights following.

"No... time..." William said faintly. "Save yourself!"

"Merina!" Sir Dractor grabbed her shoulder. "I have never left a man behind before, and I don't want to start now, but if William and Sir Yves are to have died for anything, we have to go- now."

Tears were silently streaming down her face. Merina merely nodded. And with barely a backward glance at William, they raced away.

Coming directly at them, Vækadær leapt right over William not even half a minute later. The dying outlaw summoned the last of his strength, and grabbed the Fright Knight's foot, knocking him to the ground, his ankle sprained. Vækadær painfully shoved himself to his feet, fully ready to finish William off, but the Royal Knight was dead.

"What are you waiting for?" Vækadær snapped at the two soldiers with him. "Get after them!"

But Vækadær knew that they wouldn't succeed. Even if they caught Sir Dractor, they'd simply die. But with his ankle sprained, he was going to be running nowhere fast. With a cold fury, Vækadær spat on the smirking dead body of William Jorgenson.
Last edited by Formendacil on Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

"It is good. The path is now turning upwards. We're going somewhere now." the wizard replied, gesturing with his staff.

A virtually collective groan arose from the group behind him.

"What, so where were we going before?" Viktor asked, irritation on his tongue.

"Here." Solesstorn answered, ever practical. "Now let's move. I can assure you, we will be out soon. And you'll thank me, I think."
Grid: S-1

As much as Santis disliked admitting it, the wizard had been correct in his statement. The path was now heading upwards steadily, in one straight path, and the floor also seemed smoother and more friendly to the Knight's worn but tough boots, which he had made himself back on his farm in Orkosan.

The thought stuck with him. Santis shook his head slightly as he remembered his home. He thought of his red house, sitting in the middle of the golden fields, of his sheep grazing in the pastures, of the wind on the hills - he even thought just of sunlight, which seemed so far away in the curent darkness.
Even more than that, he thought of his family - of his wife, her hair rich and dark, of his son, strong and cheerful, of his daughters, happy and fair. All his family, gathered together.

He cursed that strange night at the Ball in Orion when he, Viktor and Jaythus had taken off into the wilderness with the wizard, losing everything they had worked so hard to build in their lives - Viktor's reputation and pay as a soldier, Jaythus's future as a Knight and ambassador, and Santis's own home. Why the tyco did I leave my life behind? the big Knight thought dejectedly. I might never see them again...it's been months already, and I might be dead by tomorrow, for all I know.

His stupour was broken as Viktor patted him on the shoulder. "You alright, mate?"

Santis grinned faintly. "As good as always." he answered.

From ahead came Jaythus's light voice. "Notice that - the light's getting stronger."

"I would not be too hopeful - the same light lets the enemy see us."

Santis thought he could hear Jaythus groaning, and he couldn't help but chuckle at how Jaythus was changing under Santis and Viktor's influence. Pretty soon, I'll have to tutor him in the art of drinking. the Knight muttered to himself.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Grid: O-18

Sir Dractor and Merina were bound north from the Fright Knight coast, having just set sail on a trading vessel bound for the mainland Fright Knight coast. From there, they could trek northwards to Drullen Bell.

The two companions had barely spoken since leaving the Verkûl Spring. Merina's face, a week later, was still periodically tear-stained. She had borne her family's deaths far better, Sir Dractor noted with detachment.

Sir Dractor was withdrawn too. He had not liked leaving Sir Yves and William dead on the field. He had never left a man behind before. William had still been breathing, even.

"That's the worst battle I've been in since the Battle for Orion," Sir Dractor said quietly, late on their first night out of harbour. He didn't look at Merina, or raise his head at all from where he was looking absentmindedly at the floorboards.

"That was an awful battle. The carnage everywhere was terrible. Not even in the worst battles in my homeland with the Sorcerer-King's men have I seen such damage done to an army. Do you know how many soldiers- how many young boys- we left for dead, on both sides that day?"

Merina shook her head, too tearful to speak. Sir Dractor seemed to have seen.

"Nobody knows," he continued. "I lost a few friends in that battle. Derrek Stormspear, some of the Forestmen lads I'd trained in Drullen Bell. I very nearly lost Bjarn. But what I lost was nothing compared to the locals. There wasn't a family in Orion who didn't loose a member- not even the Red Cross traitors. Half of the city's population today moved in since the battle."

"I remember when the news of the war came north," said Merina quietly. "Father was called to the Taurus Stronghold, with all the other lords. The governor had just gotten word. We were terrified for Brandan, not knowing that he had survived among the wounded of Rathoan. Father said that he knew then, with the Bulls still alive, that we'd have to move soon. Mother was terrified."

"Many people were terrified," said Sir Dractor. "Looking back, it's almost sad how the war has faded from memory, when not yet two years have passed. Oh, people remember- but they forget the spirit of heroism and courage that led those countless men to sacrifice their lives- to defeat BloodVaine- and Aezazel, Del Grakken, van de Morte, Falconis, and all those who were terrorizing Dametreos. But I remember. I remember every day. And it haunts me."

Sir Dractor looked up, making unflinching eye contact with Merina.

"And the deaths of Yves and William are going to join them in haunting me, for the rest of my life. Because they too died, selflessly, for something greater than themselves."

Sir Dractor's voice quavered- the big knight who had always seemed so steady to Merina.

"They gave themselves for love. For you, and for Thomas. And I would have done the same."

Two heavy tears dripped down Sir Dractor's cheeks. Merina barely saw them through her own watery eyes. She moved over to Sir Dractor, and embraced him tightly.

"You and Thomas are all the family I have," she said. "Don't leave me!"

Unable to manage a steady reply, Sir Dractor settled for embracing her back.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Grid: N-12

Sir Dractor found himself snapping awake in the middle of the night, his senses alert. Listening, he could hear the sounds of the crew rushing about on the deck. Gently easing a sleeping Merina to the deck, he grabbed his sword-belt and rushed to the deck.

The Fright Knight merchant-captain was conversing wildly with his lookout. Dawn had just cracked over the eastern horizon, and in the dim light, Sir Dractor could see to the south what had attracted the crew's attention. A long, sleek vessel with a single, large, square sail was cutting across the sea towards them.

"It's one of them marauders!" the lookout was telling the captain. "One of them strange barbarian vessels what've been plaguing the Royal Knights and Falcons. I saw one sailing back from Port Firetresses early in the summer. There's no mistaking them."

Vikings! Sir Dractor recognized the description immediately. He'd been fortunate to not have any contact with Dametreos' newest scourge, but Bjarn's report of the pillaging of the northern Fell Isle had familiarized him with them, and he recalled the stir they had first made on the Royal Knight coast, before Port Jozef burned.

He dashed back into the hold, to put on his armour, and to wake Merina.

"What?" she said, blurry-eyed and sleepy.

"Trouble," said Sir Dractor. "It seems to follow us like the plague. I don't think they're related to our past problems, but it looks like the Vikings have decided to take this vessel."

~~~~~~~~~~

Just south of the Fright Knight trading vessel, Thorgeir Hakónsson, Jarl of the Clan Briksnarri, and nearly a year-long vassal of Vækadær, was about to put the lie to Sir Dractor's words. Contrary to the big knight's assertion, he had, indeed, come after Sir Dractor and Merina specifically. His face was grim as he gazed towards his prey. Lord Vækadær's orders had been very simple: find the girl and kill her, whatever the cost. Anything else done with the ship and crew was up to Thorgeir.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

From ahead came Jaythus's light voice. "Notice that - the light's getting stronger."

"I would not be too hopeful - the same light lets the enemy see us."

Now the group hurried ahead at a faster pace. They were eager to leave the stifling darkness of the tunnels and enter some light. Even Viktor seemed impatient to escape.

"Look up ahead!" Jaythus said, pointing foward.

Right at the top of the passageway, they came upon a square-shaped doorway, carved quite accurately into the rock. The entrance was completely dark - it was impossible to see anything through the black, despite the bright light that surrounded the door. Various runes of a strange look bordered it. Solesstorn stopped as he reached them, and began to inspect them, using his staff to focus the light onto the old language.

The Knights' Kingdomers came bungling up behind him, all of them desperate to push ahead. The wizard raised his fist to signal a halt.

But somehow, they didn't stop charging forward - whether they had too much momentum or someone had pushed them from behind, they couldn't tell - and the whole group of six was plunged through the gateway into sudden darkness.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

But somehow, they didn't stop charging forward - whether they had too much momentum or someone had pushed them from behind, they couldn't tell - and the whole group of six was plunged through the gateway into sudden darkness.

Jaythus awoke to a stifling blackness. He couldn't see anything at all - everything around him was just endlessly dark.

As his tumbling mind began to recover, he realized he was on the floor, by the hard feel on his cheek and the odd feeling he was getting at his current angle. His helmet was not on his head; his blonde hair was dirty with bits of gravel, but the rest of his armour still seemed to be on him. Slowly, Jaythus heaved himself up, the clank and weight of his plate mail more burdensome than helpful. He wiped his face and hair on his glove, and stood upright.

He still seemed to be in the tunnels, but it was even darker than before. Jaythus reached into his pack, fumbling through things until he came upon a flint and tinder. Striking it a couple of times, Jaythus produced a small flame, which lit up the small passageway he was in with an orange glow.

His sword, shield and helmet lay scattered around him. Jaythus lent down and picked up his Morcian blade, and sheathed it. The shield was slung over his backpack. The cave felt strangely hot, so Jaythus put his purple helmet away in his bag.

Making sure to keep the fire alive, Jaythus looked around. Above him was a hole in the low ceiling; he seemed to have fallen - or been dropped - down it. Though he could just about touch the edges, he could not grab it and climb up through it.

Jaythus tried to think of a way up. He thought through the stories he had read about during the long, peaceful hours in his faraway home of Morcia. Jayko Falconensis, he remembered, had escaped up through a well shaft once, with Elwen dan Raleigh, if he remembered right. But he had a chain, Jaythus thought miserably. The only rope had been with Viktor.

It was only then that Jaythus realized that he was actually alone - there was no-one else with him. Throughout the last months, he had been through terrible perils and had seen some horrifying sights, but there had always been someone - Santis, or Solesstorn, or Viktor - to share the fear and anxiety with, and to rely on. Now Jaythus was alone, and he only had himself and his wits and equipment to rely on. The thought crushed Jaythus.

But at the same time, he felt a surge of strange hope - he could still make it through, even alone. There was a long tunnel leading out before him - who knew where it went? Jaythus shouldered his pack and shield, lit a torch with his small fire, loosened his sword in its scabbard and began to march forward into the unknown.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

As soon as she awoke from the black of unconsciousness, Storm's first vision was of red. The back of her head felt wet. She gave a yelp of horror, before realizing it was merely her red hair, which had become tangled and strewn over her face. Flushing with slight embarassment, she tried to tuck it away, and then realized she couldn't move her arms. She was chained up to something. Storm also felt that her sword was missing from her belt - she was completely helpless.

With her pulse shooting up with fear, she tried to look around.

She was sitting roughly on a chair, obviously tied up to it. She twisted her head a few inches to see that her companions (for lack of a better word) were in the same situation; tied up and bound to the chairs. She couldn't tell who was who or where as their faces were not visible, though she thought the one to her left migth be Viktor. She could, hwoever, tell by the warm orange glow coming from a large fire that she was in a large cavern. Then she saw something that alarmed her - there was a swarm of huge shadows moving across the wall in front of her, their images cast on the rock by the fire behind here, but who, or what were all the shadows coming from? The usually sturdy young princess shivered.