Lego gold coin conversion!

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

Well, I have a good force of around fifty Falcons, together with fifty more Imperial soldiers armed with halberds (Elites). For raiders, I have a five-ship fleet of airships made from cannibalized Emperor's Ships, crewed by armed-to-the-teeth, rough and ready marines, and to carry my ill-gotten gains are two heavily armed air transports (Skull's Eye Schooners). Yes, that's right. Arcane airships. Think those cannon will not do any good now?

By the way Two-Tonic, where can I get this game of yours?
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

There be 20 dragons in the sky above my keep. While they spit liquid flame and destroy your crew, my Wizards will throw wizards fire between the dragons and watch your airships burn. :twisted: I may lose a few crennalations and archers to your cannons, it will not matter, I have a lot of Archers. :D No survivors from the terrible plummet down the slopes will live to reach my walls.

I tried to stay on topic but they pulled me back in...

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

Oh yeh? Well even though you may rake out my fleet, I'll have done some damage and have a path made for my elites, who will then call in the rest of my force of 500 Black Knight cavalry, driving a path for two-Tonic and Jpinoy to get through! BLAH-HA-HA-HA-HA!
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

It is fun to dream. Unfortunatly for all of you, I live in the great white north and all your weak southern troops would die just trying to get here. :D

Back on topic, how does everyone else store their gold stash. No details, addresses etc... need be made, but lets expand this topic and get back to the subject at hand gold, value and the storage thereof. :wink:

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
SirCumferance
Laborer

Post by SirCumferance »

I store my gold in a treasure chest... :oops:
I am the queen of France!

... Maker of Castle Crusade

Mail me! kullvox03222@yahoo.com
Aidan
Foot Soldier

Post by Aidan »

Oooo I have a yellow (popular) post topic :D !

Well the reason I asked my question about separating the coins off the sprue is because I am thinking of storing my gold in treasure chests. You can fit about 25 coins in a chest.

(Which coincidentally is exactly $1 million according to my initial calculation, and would weigh 150 lbs plus the chest weight would be about all two minifigs could move...but I digress)

Of course if I separate them from the sprue then I think I would no longer count the "ingot" in the center as treasure. This would decrease the value of my hoard by about $30 million :cry: and my pile would look much less impressive :cry: but it would almost fit in the chests that I have. It would also be much more realistic and, dare I say it, purist. :wink:
Let them come...
They will break upon this fortress like water on rock!
---King Theoden

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=the6717
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Aidan wrote:Straying back on topic for a moment :D ;

Do you folks keep your coins together as an assembly or separate the coins? I found that once separated the "ingot" in the middle looks silly and worthless. Also; when left together they stack nicely and look more impressive en masse like in the photo above :D

Right now I have about 20% separated. I am thinking of separating the rest....

Any thoughts?
I separate them to put in treasure chests. "Ingots" go at the bottom of the chest to give it volume but still be shiney if they should happen to show. Otherwise I leave them on the sprue (I specifically looked closely at your photo to see if you did the same), :D
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Aidan
Foot Soldier

Post by Aidan »

I am slowly convincing myself to separate them. I did not try to conceal the fact that they were on the sprue in the photo though I thought about it (and with a little work I probably could have :wink: )

I will have to take an after picture to see how the hoard has shrunk :cry:
Let them come...
---King Theoden

TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Daimyo wrote:Well, I have a good force of around fifty Falcons, together with fifty more Imperial soldiers armed with halberds (Elites). For raiders, I have a five-ship fleet of airships made from cannibalized Emperor's Ships, crewed by armed-to-the-teeth, rough and ready marines, and to carry my ill-gotten gains are two heavily armed air transports (Skull's Eye Schooners). Yes, that's right. Arcane airships. Think those cannon will not do any good now?

By the way Two-Tonic, where can I get this game of yours?
Airships? That's why I have fire-breathing dragons.

Type in Bard's Tale III download in a search engine - I can make no recommendations on whether it will even run on a current machine since it is about as old as SirCumference (released in 1988), or whether any particular site has a clean version. To give full credit it was designed by Bill Heineman, Mike Stackpole, and myself. Whether of not a download is legal I can't say - you need to take that up with Electronic Arts, though Interplay is now defunct. Expect Admin types to request future questions on that particular question to be directed via private message (just had to beat them to the punch).

Aidan
Foot Soldier

Post by Aidan »

TwoTonic Knight wrote:
It seems I made those dwarves with pickaxes just in time.

"We dig, dig, dig, dig, dig, dig, gig, in our mine the whole day through..."

:twisted:
I just had to send out a special thank you to TTK for putting this song my head for the last week :evil:

No doubt part of your psychological warfare. My wife is going to kill me. :wink:

"...in a mine, in a mine, where a thousand diamonds shiiiiiiine" curse you.
Let them come...
---King Theoden

TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Aidan wrote:
TwoTonic Knight wrote:
It seems I made those dwarves with pickaxes just in time.

"We dig, dig, dig, dig, dig, dig, gig, in our mine the whole day through..."

:twisted:
I just had to send out a special thank you to TTK for putting this song my head for the last week :evil:

No doubt part of your psychological warfare. My wife is going to kill me. :wink:

"...in a mine, in a mine, where a thousand diamonds shiiiiiiine" curse you.
I'm innocent! See my thread on Dwarves that includes the folllowing link:

http://www.ucomics.com/foxtrot/2004/03/23/

One of the theories on getting nagging music out of your head is to pass it on to someone else (well, the Los Angeles Times suggested such, so there!). Tag, you're it!
:D

Aidan
Foot Soldier

Post by Aidan »

Just an update. I officially counted all my gold coins :D ! The total count is 3,862. However, gold prices have fallen from $422 an ounce when I originally posted in March to $389 currently. According to my original conversion, I have lost a little over $12 million in 3 months!

Alas....construction of the rock island castle has been stalled lo these many months. :cry: The hoard is still being protected by fancy bag with a "Zip" lock. :wink:
Let them come...
---King Theoden

Snoopy
Archer

Post by Snoopy »

All my coins are in my pirate models so they can't be stolen. They won't even exist for another couple hundred years! They're protected by time itself.
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

I am so cheap as to store my 40-50 gold pieces, jewels, gold bars etc. under my throne. :oops:
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

I've probably got in the neighbour hood of seventy pieces. Most are stored in chests in the cellar/storage room under the throne room. Money isn't high on my Lego priority list. Not lego money anyway.