29%
Unforgiving and Cold
11%

Total votes: 56

Daimyo
Squire

Heroes and Villains: Fellow AFOls Favorites

Post by Daimyo »

We all have LEGO characters we make up, and we all have our favorites. What should a good charcater be? And who is your favorite sigfig?
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
Barbapple
Steward

Post by Barbapple »

Unforgiving and cold! If i didn't throw away my vote I would have voted for this. To many times have we seen:
"Oh look at me, I'm a hero! I will go smell daisys and let my foes live, because they lerned there lesson!"
I mean come on!
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Strong and determined. A hero with skills ans strengths and drive enough to be considered determined will usually prevail. While others heroes fall to their base failing a determined hero will win out.

Blah, blah, blah... who needs heroes anyway, villians are way more fun. :wink:

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

A hero should be strong and determined, but also noble and chivalrous. Besides that, he should resourceful and clever.
Last edited by Mr. D on Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

Barbapple wrote:Unforgiving and cold! If i didn't throw away my vote I would have voted for this. To many times have we seen:
"Oh look at me, I'm a hero! I will go smell daisys and let my foes live, because they lerned there lesson!"
I mean come on!
I will have to agree. Too many heroes these days are pansies and too wimpy, although some could argue too many were tough and unflinchingly mean. Me, I go with Noble and Chivalrous!
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Classic Odysseus: clever and daring.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Noble and chivalrous,

As if there is any other way...
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Pacificus
Villein

Noble, Chivalrous, Misunderstood, and Despised

Post by Pacificus »

A hero should be noble and chivalrous, as well as misunderstood and despised, as nobility and chivalry are often misunderstood and despised. However, villains are more fun to create than heroes (see Milton's Lucifer versus Milton's God).

As for the second question, my favorite signature figure is my currently missing Black Falcon, with black pants, red hips, and a nose-guard helmet. He wields a sword in his left hand (therefore seemingly sinister and untrusted by many) and does not carry a shield. (Yes, I know; I can recreate him using another Black Falcon, but both he and I would know... :wink: ) During my personal Golden Age of LEGO Castle, he was responsible for saving the day for virtually every single adventure. He even saved Robin Hood's life a couple of hundred of times. Plus, all the LEGO women (all four of them!) loved him. Sadly, he has gone to Valhalla (that is, somewhere in my parents' garage), to return in time for the final battle between good and evil (as in all epic mythological stories).

For now, my sigfig is the guy to the left--with my recently acquired ninja mask (the attached sheath-clip-thing rules!), an old black ghost head, black torso, black gloves, black pants, and a dark gray broadsword in his left hand. In all likelihood, this noble, chivalrous, misunderstood, and despised hero is actually the Black Falcon Hero from the previous Age...but that is probably for another post within another topic.
PACIFICVS
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

Wlister, I viewed your characters on Brickshelf, and must ask...
Who is "The Dragon master?"
And who is your sigfig exactly?
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

The Dragon Master is DM's sig fig. He was lacking a camera so he had me build it for him. With the exception of the 375, 677, 383 line and the forest woman, my collection of castle figs is extensive. I can make just about any castle fig needed for a picture as long as they use standard parts. So when DM described his fig, I built it and took a few pics for him to use.

My sig fig is King William Aethmael II, I am still working out the details of a story I am writing and his son William Aethmael III will be my eventual sig fig. I started a story that fizzled back in Dec. as part of a role-play, but I think I'm too old for roleplay. Here was the original thread:

viewtopic.php?t=281&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Ok - I went a little different here, I went Dark and Tormented.
Several of my favorite characters overcome some flaw to rise above themselves. Take a look at Don Slade in Cross the Stars, and his nephew Ned Slade, in The Voyage. Both are written by David Drake, and are an excellent read. I also liked King Shef in Harry Harrisons The Hammer and The Cross series.
Each of these characters show a determination to do what needs to be done at all costs.
In fact, every one of my favorite characters falls into this category.

hmm

freak
Teh Stud
Bailiff

Post by Teh Stud »

Dark and Tormented! Megablocks them as you save them!
gcg
Villein

Post by gcg »

Heroes are for wimps. I love stories of villain VS villain. You never know who will win. Villains are awesome. LONG LIVE THE BAD GUYS!
moom
Freeman

Post by moom »

Barbapple wrote:Unforgiving and cold! If i didn't throw away my vote I would have voted for this.
I'm glad you did trow away your vote. In real live, there are already far too many unforgiving and cold self proclamed 'heros' present on this planet. The 'cold' part of their character is responsable for the fact that usually they don't like make their hands dirty themselves, instead they prefer having subordinates or other types of fools to execute their orders for them.

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

My minifig character is Noble and Chivalrous as well as Strong and Determined. He is also capable of creating utter devastation, his only dark side is the overwhelming magnitude his fury can become.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]