The Entrance To The Caves... (Updated)

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Norro
Councilor

The Entrance To The Caves... (Updated)

Post by Norro »

A MOCtale* part 1:

Every legend begins with a little greed...
This one begins with a lot...

Tis a tale of two brothers; one wise and the other foolish... Foolish enough to believe a traveler's tale of a vast treasure horde... Nine chests, of such bountiful wealth that they could only be transported by a stone cart, buried deep in a secret shaft of a lost mine, whose owners had been overtaken by a terrible fate...

Two long years without word passed, and then the eight greatest warriors of the clan set out with their Chieftain to find this lost mine. For a brother is a brother, no matter how foolish...

Stand at the entrance, dare to find,
who can tell what awaits at the:
Entrance To The Caves

------

* A MOCtale is a story told by MOCs of its pivotal scenes...

-----

About this particular MOC:

I'm very pleased with the way this turned out, I've never built a cut-away MOC before and there are also a lot of features packed into the relatively small space of this model. It is the first in a series I have planned which will complete a MOCtale. It is also the first time I've tried my hand at editing, I can only get better ; ). As always please let me know what you think.

Thanks and God Bless,

Nathan
Last edited by Norro on Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azaghal
Landlord

Post by Azaghal »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

That thing is gorgeous. I am in complete shock - I haven't seen anything that good in a while. The level of detail is amazing - from a distance, it looks almost real. It . . . it . . . wow. Just, wow. :shock:
Jacob C.
Councilor

Post by Jacob C. »

Excellent!
I love the landscaping.
The rock formations look very natural and for the most part studless.
This is probably the best landscaping I've seen in a moc all year.

The building looks great too and I like how you built the pathway under the tree:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Nan/E ... aves/z.jpg

I like that wooden bridge spanning the falls as well:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Nan/E ... aves/f.jpg

But the landscaping is what really does it for me.
Fantastic job!
[url=http://www.majhost.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=RabbitSpook]My Majhost Gallery[/url]

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=RabbitSpook]My Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
General Frostfire
Villein

Post by General Frostfire »

DANG... the caverns are spectacular... but then u add the waterfall, and the building and the landscaping, and its on a divine level.... this is legendary....
"When you hear the bellow of the horn, know that you are hearing the first warning of an icestorm..."
The dark tide
Gentleman

Post by The dark tide »

WHOOOAAAAAAAAAA!!!! :shock: DUDE THIS IS AWSOME! I have never seen anything like this! I LOVE IT! The detail rocks and......EVERYTHING ROCKS!! :oops:
"The sky grows black...shadow falls...the Dark Tide comes..."

[Edgar J.]
the_lorax
Peasant

Post by the_lorax »

:shock:

oh my

Wow

*picks jaw off the floor*

that is something else, how utterly amazingly deliciously awesome. You really have such amazing details, truly brilliant... wow... I also love that you did internal details also.. too many too mention.. awesome...
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

Incredible! :shock: The landscaping is totally awesome. I especially like the waterfall in this pic & the disturbed water. The building is fantastic. You could stare at this for hours! Fantastic work :D
Baggins
Villein

Post by Baggins »

Yeah, there's not much to say.
-insane landscaping, tavern, waterfall, bridge, cave....insane MOC :D
supernova
Journeyman

Post by supernova »

woahhhh
this is AMAZING
there is sooo much detail packed into the MOC, and there is so much to explore!
I particularly like the background: the waterfall makes the MOC stand out alot, and the insides of the caves are very interesting details :)
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:)
~~ Supernova ~~

Good trades with: Chrislad77, kelderic, Strider, Unknown Knight and ZIGGY!
Ristridin
Bailiff

Post by Ristridin »

:shock: *stunned* :shock:

This is the best landscaping I have ever seen............
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

I´m in love.... :oops:

The first impression of the exterior is quite aweinspiring indeed. I really like the landscaping, probably the best I´ve seen, especially the rocks, I like how the stairs merge nicely with the rocks too... And the tree looks really good.. and the exterior of the house... could go on forever...

But then you have some good interior as well. The caves look really good but I like the interior of the house even better, especially the balks (is that the appropriate term?)holding up the ceiling. The chest of drawers (?) looks really good as well as the simple but effective fireplace and chimney. Maybe the vikings should have brought a vacuum cleaner though ;)

Also I really like the use of heads in these pics: 1 2

The only nitpick that I could think of is that I would have prefered a mix of blue, light blue and white pieces for the waterfall istead of transblue, but that´s just my personal preference..

Beautiful work, I think I could watch this for hours :)
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

:o

Like everyone has said...that's absolutely fantastic. I love the sheer rock face with all the little cracks and grooves in it, and the very real-looking vegetation. Also, the huge scale is very impressive. Brilliant stuff.

- Matt
brody
Laborer

Post by brody »

Excellent! As others have indicated, your landscaping is brilliant. I think that the verticality and sheer scope of the landscaping makes it especially impressive. This MOC is very sucessful in capturing the spirit of adventure and mystery.

My favorite component is how you have constructed the water to give the impression that it is flowing swiftly and roughly around rocks and along the cliff base.

The interior of the cave is also very nice. Very well done!

Best,
Brody
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

Nathan, this MOC is breath-taking. I didn't reply right away because I could see that I needed time to examine all the pics and I'm glad I waited! What a wealth of detail! This is truly a masterpiece. Definitely the best MOC I have seen in years. In fact, nothing better comes to mind. The landscaping is incredible, the building is fantastic, and the caves defy description. You have really outdone yourself this time, sir! I would love to have this in my house, so I could pour over the details, but you wouldn't want that. It would come back covered in drool. :)

Quick note on the story, as tragic as it is, I was happy to see that the foolish brother found his treasure. :)

Well, I'm heading off to TBB and blog this...

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
Mike Viper
Archer
Location: At home practicing my singing, building, or hanging around with friends.

Post by Mike Viper »

I am shocked beyond all words. It almost looks like it's not even lego! How long did this take you? I'ts insanelly awsome, well built.
I ow it to wunztwice for directing me here.