Where have all the chatters gone?

Rules, Regulations, Announcements, Technical Issues, Etc.
wunztwice
Knight Bannerett

Post by wunztwice »

Nice poem Tony.

I have never personally visited the chat room here. I am just not a chatter. I used to use things like MSN messenger, but I don't even do that anymore. That's also compunded by the fact that I don't have internet at my apartment here at college. So, that's were I have been...
in His grip, Chris

Feed my hobby? [url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=wunztwice]My Bricklink[/url]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/wunztwice]My Flickr![/url]
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wunztwice/]My Brickshelf![/url](not updated...)
<><
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

SavaTheAggie wrote:Where have all the chatters gone
Long time passing
Where have all the chatters gone
Long time ago
Where have all the chatters gone
Gone to build rooms, everyone
When will they ever learn
When will they ever learn

--Tony
*gasp* :shock: Could it be that they are all building? Wonder why I'm not... Blasted builder's block...

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Sir Nelson
Old Wizard

Post by Sir Nelson »

Athos wrote:*gasp* :shock: Could it be that they are all building? Wonder why I'm not... Blasted builder's block...
:roll:

IMHO, all C-C members should register for Chat. It is a good way to meet each other from the Forums, and also a fun way to converse about all things Castle... or otherwise. :)
"Old Wizards never die, nor fade away. They just kind of operate behind the scenes and in the shadows... doing all of their weird and wonderful Wizardy things and whatnot."
Saaz
Freeman

Post by Saaz »

Sorry to dredge up a somewhat old thread, but this actually seemed like a good place for my question and comments.

I've popped in chat a few times, but I find the web interface a little awkward, and given that, and the fact that it's usually empty, I don't leave it open a lot. But it looks a lot like IRC... Can I get into chat via a regular IRC client? If so, can anyone tell me the server and channel? If I could leave a little window minimized, and it would flash when something is going on, I'd probably stay logged in more.

I have to use IRC/chat at work anyway, and lately I've been opening additional windows for train and space Lego channels. It's easy to leave them in the background if I'm busy, but when I need a break or I'm waiting on a compile, I switch over and catch up on the conversation, maybe talk a little. A lot of other people seem to do the same- leave the chat open in the background at work - so there are always people in there, and at least a low level of activity. Then when additional people pop in, there's something going on, and I think they're more likely to hang out for a little while. I'd encourage anyone who can, to try this (with CC chat). It's like having a few AFOL buddies always hanging out by the water cooler to chat with.
sarous
Foot Soldier

Post by sarous »

where is the chat room?
Riath Angel Sin, the soul reaping hexblade
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

sarous wrote:where is the chat room?
On the right hand side of the main page there are 4 buttons. The red one goes to our chat and the blue one goes to the forums. Our chat is not set up for IRC currently.

Ben
CC Sets Admin
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

I haven't seen anybody in there in months. For the record, I do pop in there occasionally.
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

I have pooped in twice now, since I got a username a few days ago, and the first thme, no one was there. The second, only one person. The reason that no one is there, is that no one is there to talk to. It's a down hill spiral.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

Maybe if I time were organised, perhaps weekly, & a loose topic arranged - at least for starters ... I would be keen to participate & have registered, but I doubt any of you will be awake when I am online :(
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

I visited the chat once... it was really fun... although a bit strange to actually "talk" to the other members in real time. You really get a better feel for personalities that way - it's kinda cool.

I have a similiar problem as DARKspawn, but I might try it out now and again for kicks.
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
nwinch
Peasant

Re: Where have all the chatters gone?

Post by nwinch »

Athos wrote:Chat seems pretty slow as of late. So to paraphrase the folk song, I must ask: "Where have all the chatter's gone?"

Steve
long time passing,
were have all the chatters gone,
long time ago! :lol:
92% of teens would die if Abercrombie & Fitch said it wasnt cool to breathe. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who would be laughing
Remyth
Trade King
Location: At the corner of Nowhere Avenue and Not Close to Anything Street

Post by Remyth »

Is it just me, or did the Chat room lapse back into it's old state of quiet-ness when summer came around? A couple months ago, I would log on every night and there would be two of three people there. I guess summer is just a busy time...

I think it would be cool if a few more people would try chat out. It is really cool.

In Christ,
Thomas Wunz <><

"A nameless, shapeless beast from the dark underside of Chat." - Josh Wedin

[url=http://flickr.com/photos/11381994@N00/]Flickr[/url]
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

I don't really have any interest in chat; I prefer the board - here you can take time over what you say and write a lot more.

Perhaps if more people went on I would go on more though.

- Matt
Troy
King Mnementh the Bronze
King Mnementh the Bronze

Post by Troy »

kelderic wrote:I have pooped in twice now, since I got a username a few days ago, and the first thme, no one was there. The second, only one person. The reason that no one is there, is that no one is there to talk to. It's a down hill spiral.

Kelderic
I think that the reason no one is there is because Kelderic pooped in there! Twice!

Troy
Visit Troy's Surplus LEGO
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=mnementh
babyjawa
Steward

Post by babyjawa »

I remember when there was always people in there. There were almost always about five people in there.... Especially late at night.

I check there few times everyday. Not much activity though..
My life is based on a true story.