CCC IV - Image requirements (or why my entry is not up yet)

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
The dark tide
Gentleman

Post by The dark tide »

I cant figure out how to shrink my images. Does anyone have suggestions? I used the paint program but when I shrink my pic it cuts off a bunch of it. Would anyone know how to get it to just shrink the image? :D
"The sky grows black...shadow falls...the Dark Tide comes..."

[Edgar J.]
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Re: .............................................

Post by JoshWedin »

The dark tide wrote:I cant figure out how to shrink my images. Does anyone have suggestions? I used the paint program but when I shrink my pic it cuts off a bunch of it. Would anyone know how to get it to just shrink the image? :D
Make sure the picture isn't selected (click the white space outside of the pic to make sure).

Then go to the Image menu.

Select "Stretch/Skew"

Enter the percentage of shrinkage you want in both the vertical and horizontal boxes (hint: you need to enter the same number in both :) ).

For example, if you want the pic to be 75% of the size it is now, then enter 75.

Play around with it to get it the right size.

Make sure you save it as another file name so you still have the original. That way you can always go back if you messed up.

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
BohuslavIII
Villein

Post by BohuslavIII »

architect wrote: Your entry pictures need to show how the rooms are connected. Having pictures of 3 different rooms in one entry is not what we are looking for. Take one photo of all the rooms connected and then 2 other photos showing more detail.
Ben
OK, I see.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=BohuslavIII]my Gallery[/url]
Please excuse my English, is a product of the compiler. I speak only czech language.
The dark tide
Gentleman

Post by The dark tide »

My entry for the custom fig called "The Black knight" is still not up. Is something wrong with my picture size?
"The sky grows black...shadow falls...the Dark Tide comes..."

[Edgar J.]
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Re: .............................................

Post by architect »

The dark tide wrote:My entry for the custom fig called "The Black knight" is still not up. Is something wrong with my picture size?
Yes. We do not accept bitmap images. Your images also need to be 800x600 pixels or smaller. Resize your images and we will accept the entry. Thank you.

Ben
CC Contest Admin
pacman110011
Artisan

Post by pacman110011 »

I fixed the image sizes of my battle scene. *question deleted because I found the answer* I also noticed that this entry is not up. Any reason why?
-Pac
Lord Insanity
Villein

Post by Lord Insanity »

Ok I appologize in advance for the noob question. How long does it take to know if a contest subission was approved. Now I may have been a little over zealous as I submitted two entries before brickself moderated them and one of them is still pending. :oops: Will I have to, or should I resubmit the entries once they are both moderated or will that not be necessary and I should just learn to be more patient.
"A little nonsense now and then relished by the wisest men" - The real Willy Wonka
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

That's a good question, as my final entry will be cutting it close too
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Lord Insanity wrote:Ok I appologize in advance for the noob question. How long does it take to know if a contest subission was approved. Now I may have been a little over zealous as I submitted two entries before brickself moderated them and one of them is still pending. :oops: Will I have to, or should I resubmit the entries once they are both moderated or will that not be necessary and I should just learn to be more patient.
Usually it takes a couple of days assuming your entry was submitted correctly. At midnight Eastern US time on December 31st 2006 you will no longer be able to submit entries. Entries that have been submitted before this time will gradually be approved (if the images aren't too large and they meet category requirements).

Grading will then commence and you will become impatient ;) With all of the entries this year, grading will take atleast two weeks but likely longer.

Ben
CC Contest Admin
Lamanda2
Merchant

Post by Lamanda2 »

Ok, resized my oversized image for my Bloody Falls MOC.
I'm just glad I decided to go look at all the entries and found this out. :wink:

~Amanda
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Lamanda]Bricks & Customs[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/lamanda2/]My Flickr[/url]
Ebu Deyyus
Freeman

Post by Ebu Deyyus »

my mongol mobile ger yurt is not approved for what? i ll resubmit it there is nothing wrong with it.
Deathwalk
Serf

Post by Deathwalk »

What about my Golden Knight... Whats wrong whit it, 628 x 471 pixels.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Ebu Deyyus wrote:my mongol mobile ger yurt is not approved for what? i ll resubmit it there is nothing wrong with it.
What about my Golden Knight... Whats wrong whit it, 628 x 471 pixels.
Both of your entry folders contain more than 3 images. That is not allowed. Remove the additional images and we will approve the entries.

Ben
CC Contest Admin
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

Ok, I've submitted my one entry, but the Brickshelf isn't public. I think I understood, though, that as long as it's already submitted, with the pics uploaded and linkable to, it doesn't matter if the gallery is public (I hope?)?

Also, Lamanda2, I built my entry (it's a battle) at the beginning of November, long before I saw yours, and just now took pics, so I hope you don't think I'm copying you (it's rather similar).

~smcginnis
Learning French.

Say it "ESS-MICK-GIN-ISS", with a hard "G", as in "get".

I'm a Pumpkin.

[url=http://www.freerice.com/]Free Rice[/url]
Ebu Deyyus
Freeman

Post by Ebu Deyyus »

architect, i saw your post now and deleted the extra shot, can it still be in contest?