Market Square(CCCIV Entry)

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Remyth
Trade King
Location: At the corner of Nowhere Avenue and Not Close to Anything Street

Market Square(CCCIV Entry)

Post by Remyth »

Howdy Y'all!

Well, I decided to put together an entry for the Castle Building Category. This MOC is a market with a gallows, a fine clothier, a wood-worker, a jeweler, and a blacksmith. Two guards have spilled a chest, and a goblin is being hung. What else could happen? Who can find it first?

Anywhoosle, without further ado, here it is:

[Pic=Link to post-mod gallery.]

I hope you like it, and, as usual, C&C welcome. Enjoy!

In Jesus Christ,
Last edited by Remyth on Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thomas Wunz <><

"A nameless, shapeless beast from the dark underside of Chat." - Josh Wedin

[url=http://flickr.com/photos/11381994@N00/]Flickr[/url]
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

A great market scene. Love the guy hanging. :lol:
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

Nice work, heaps of action & details. It should do well in the contest
Mike Viper
Archer
Location: At home practicing my singing, building, or hanging around with friends.

Post by Mike Viper »

You put a guy hanging in there? :shock:

:cry: that's the most beatiful touch to this scene :cry:

Real great market here Rem. I like the stonework pillars, cylinder block cylinder, it's a nice little touch.

I wish you luck.
I ow it to wunztwice for directing me here.
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

Very nice. I see your sigfig going into the armory. You have two black swords!?! Back on topic, I like the stalls for the sellers, andwhere did you get the 4 x 1 tiles with the gold serpents? They look very cool. The guards who fell down seem rather dead, but maybe they they fell down for a reason. Good luck in the contest!

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

kelderic wrote:where did you get the 4 x 1 tiles with the gold serpents? They look very cool.
They come from the latest Viking sets - 7020 & 7021
g2
Sir Postsalot

Post by g2 »

The hanging of the troll is gruesome, but I like it. – What did the troll do, for it to be hung? (or are you hanging it, just because it is a troll?)

There is a lot of things happening in your market-place, which is a good thing. It is always good to see new things, the more you look at the scene. :)

I absolutely love what you did with the white smoke coming out of the chimney. Very clever use of white Lego.

One last thing, there is nothing wrong with last-minute entries, I submitted my competition entries within hours of the closing time.

Job well done – and good luck for the comp.
Remyth
Trade King
Location: At the corner of Nowhere Avenue and Not Close to Anything Street

Post by Remyth »

Thanks to everyone!
Mike Viper wrote:You put a guy hanging in there? :shock:

:cry: that's the most beatiful touch to this scene :cry:

...I like the stonework pillars, cylinder block cylinder, it's a nice little touch.
Thanks...I guess... Anyway, I like the stonework pillars, too. They were going to be on a different MOC that I couldn't finish. Glad you like them.
kelderic wrote:I see your sigfig going into the armory. You have two black swords!?! Back on topic, I like the stalls for the sellers...The guards who fell down seem rather dead, but maybe they they fell down for a reason.
Thanks! The sigfig thing was the last detail to go on. I decided that I should put him in, just for kicks. Yes, I have two, they both came from EBay... The stalls where my least favorite thing in this MOC, so I guess that means to rest is awsome! :lol: Ok, the guys do look a little dead, but they just tripped and fell.
g2 wrote:The hanging of the troll is gruesome, but I like it. – What did the troll do, for it to be hung? I absolutely love what you did with the white smoke coming out of the chimney. Very clever use of white Lego. There is a lot of things happening in your market-place, which is a good thing. It is always good to see new things, the more you look at the scene.
Thanks a lot! The 'troll' is actually a custom Goblin by Lamanda2(did I forget to give her credit...dang...) The smoke is actually almost directly copied from my brother, Wunztwice's smoke of his houses/shops.

Thanks you for all of the nice comments. It really makes me feel better about my building when people comment like this. Thanks, guys!

EDIT: Nobody has found the accident waiting to happen yet...

In Christ,
Thomas Wunz <><

"A nameless, shapeless beast from the dark underside of Chat." - Josh Wedin

[url=http://flickr.com/photos/11381994@N00/]Flickr[/url]