NEW ROLEPLAY DISCUSSION THREAD

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

Danju the Clever wrote:I already sent a form, but I'll post it here.

Name: Goland
Looks: Red shaggy hair to shoulders, blue headband, brown tunic with white jerkin worn over it. Green trousers with brown crenulated (sp) edging.
Tools: Longsword, Bow, Shield with his family crest of a lion with wolf's head on a purple and gold background.
Background: Son of Danju and a woman from the Western Knight's Kingdom. An outcast for being related to two opposing factions. Seeks to redeem the honor of his father's faction.
Class: Secondary.
Other: Has a pet wolfhound named Argus that is trained to fight. Hates when people insult the Eastern Knight's Kingdom. A nice guy with a bit of a mean streak. He also travels on Argo, a pure white horse with a grey mane.
Danju, your character is fine, except that there aren't supposed to be any official factions in this new roleplay. Maybe you could make up a new country that's represented by KK2?

~smcginnis
Learning French.

Say it "ESS-MICK-GIN-ISS", with a hard "G", as in "get".

I'm a Pumpkin.

[url=http://www.freerice.com/]Free Rice[/url]
Danju the Clever
Artisan

Post by Danju the Clever »

That's fine. Sorry, I thought we were restarting the old RP with the same factions. How do I make up countries?
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

Well, you could check out this thread, and if you want, I'll reserve some space on the map grid for you (I'm the map-keeper). You should be able to find a link in that thread. If not, PM me. Tell me in that thread which squares you want, and then draw up a map and I'll add it to the gallery and grid. Here's a template for one square on the map.

Then in this thread, you can create a character who's the leader of that country (IIRC, you'd have to ask Formendacil to be sure), and post some history. You won't be able to RP that leader, but you can create him, like I did with Harlego.

I think that's pretty much it. I'll try to answer any questions you have, but Formy'd be better at that (I think he'll be back soon, his last post was on Christmas Eve). Or you could just read the older pages of this topic.

Hope that helps.

~smcginnis
Learning French.

I'm a Pumpkin.

Danju the Clever
Artisan

I emailed Formy the map square, because I could not post it, as I forgot my Brickshelf password, and they won't let me re-register. So, my profile for the leaders of my new countries.

Name: King Mathias I
Looks: See his official minifig. Grey cape.
Tools: Longsword
Background: King of Morica. Won his kingship in a tournament against the ruling tyrant Malakee. He defeated Malakee and then killed him.
Class: Minor
Other: Though he's a king, he is also skilled in battle and seige.

Name: King Leo III
Looks: See his official minifig.
Tools: None
Background: A cowardly king who inherited his throne. King of Leovale.
Other: He's not a fighter. Will most likely get killed sooner or later. :wink:

Leovale and Morica are at war due to Leo's taunts of Morica's people being effimate fools who can't smith proper swords.

Name: Lord Vladek Draconis
Looks: See his official minifig.
Tools: Sword and shield.
Background: Mathias' advisor and traitor to the cause. Ruler of the Shadow Knights of Ankoria. More or less his 2005 incarnation.
Other: Eh, not much.

Also, as a roleplay character:

Name: Danju Bernarr
Looks: Brown hooded cloak, grey hair and goatee, ruffled shirt and pants. Walks with a slight hunch. Wears a rope belt.
Tools: Quarterstaff
Background: From the province of Alendan, Danju was a hero of lore there. He was among the four knights who helped topple Vladek's rule. Danju fell in love with a woman of Leovale and they concieved a son, Goland. For this interaction with a rival faction, Danju was banished and his legacy shattered. He currently resides deep in a dark swamp somewhere outside of Morica's borders. Goland grew up with his father and seeks to regain his legacy. The two often travel together.
Other: Old, grumpy, and slow to change. He tolerates his son's antics.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

smcginnis wrote:Well, you could check out this thread, and if you want, I'll reserve some space on the map grid for you (I'm the map-keeper). You should be able to find a link in that thread. If not, PM me. Tell me in that thread which squares you want, and then draw up a map and I'll add it to the gallery and grid. Here's a template for one square on the map.

Then in this thread, you can create a character who's the leader of that country (IIRC, you'd have to ask Formendacil to be sure), and post some history. You won't be able to RP that leader, but you can create him, like I did with Harlego.

I think that's pretty much it. I'll try to answer any questions you have, but Formy'd be better at that (I think he'll be back soon, his last post was on Christmas Eve). Or you could just read the older pages of this topic.

Hope that helps.

~smcginnis
Thanks, Mr. McGinnis,

As far as creating a ruler of a country goes... I don't think I ever said one couldn't do that. If one digs up a quote (from THIS roleplay, not the old one) to the contrary, I'll of course take that back, but I think you can make yourself rulers. I mean, you're making countries anyway, so you may as well enjoy the rulers. The rules were certainly to the contrary on the old RP, but I think this one would find it permissible. (But it's been a while, so I forget...)

As to creating Map-squares, Danju, they should be sent to smcginnis or lamanda, since they are the mapkeepers for the Roleplay.

Actually, as regards the Roleplay in general, I'm mostly just an adjudicator now. With school, I simply don't have the time to Roleplay, or much of the desire. If there's a dispute, I'm still around to judge, but otherwise I'm sticking to a hands-off approach.

Just don't have time...

~Michael A. Joosten - Gaming Moderator~
Danju the Clever
Artisan

I can't find Mcginnis' email, so I'm afraid I can't do a thing. I guess I quit.
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

Danju the Clever wrote:I can't find Mcginnis' email, so I'm afraid I can't do a thing. I guess I quit.
Why don't you just upload it to B-Shelf or Maj and post a link? If you can't do that for some reason, I guess I'll PM you my email.

~smcginnis
Learning French.

I'm a Pumpkin.

sarous
Foot Soldier

Post by sarous »

and another
name:victoria parker
looks:strange half woman half blue fox (cryomancers are able to be half animal)that commonly wears a black leather leather suit with a dagger or short sword, or a midnight blue dress
tools:dagger,shortsword, ice magic
background:loving wife of adrian parker,sister to another cryomancer fox named ana
other:mother of johnathan parker, kelly parker, and galvin parker(triplets)
if this upsets any one my male characters (adrian, necros, and sarous)are half human half dragon if you are not likeing my characters please pm me so that not much flameing occurs in the posts
Last edited by sarous on Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Riath Angel Sin, the soul reaping hexblade
sarous
Foot Soldier

Post by sarous »

and another
name: kay(pronouced kai) parker
looks: 5'11' man with golden blonde hair looks about 30 and always wears a red dragon scale cape
tools: a long sword and shield, a katana and a crossbow, blood red dragon scale plate armour.
back ground: one of the 15 famed dragon lords of bilander(world wear my novel takes place) and younger brother of adrian and necros parker
other:rarely seen without the fire dragon molten at his side
sarous
Foot Soldier

Post by sarous »

and another
name:carous parker
looks: evil looking man with odd green hair the same color of the clouds before a twister with a great sword always in hand
tools:a great sword and green armour
back ground: oldest of the parker children and physicaly weakest and slowest,and most evil.
other: carous is an evil warrior tha shows no mercy to his enemys or family.
Matt BeDar
Archer

Post by Matt BeDar »

Name: Sir Marcus Bulor
Looks: 6'2", shaved head, red mustache and beard, always ready with a smile, and built like a bear.
Tools: A short sword, a Dragon shield, Armor acquired overseas, and his humor.
Background: Marcus Bulor grew up as the only son of the great knight, Sir Bulor. Growing up as the only son of a legend, Marcus was expected to become an influential knight; Marcus proved over and over that he was more than up to the challenge. As he grew in strength and strategic know-how, Marcus learned that the smarter you are, the more dangerous you are to others of influence. Many times in his young life, Marcus was forced to defend himself as assassins and murderers tried to take his life. Once Marcus turned twenty, he was knighted and put under the command of Commander Gerodal. Under Gerodal's command Marcus found many friends and acquaintances, some better then others. After 11 years of military service, Sir Marcus was called on an important mission along with three others; Commander Gerodal, Sir Arthur Bedar, and a strange old man named Terry. After the mission ended, the four men went to report to their superior. Instead of a “Good job boys!” they received a “You are under arrest for murdering the Duke of Frindul!”. After this outrageous statement, all four of the men were placed in irons and thrown in prison. After six months of sitting and thinking, Marcus and his three friends were broken out of jail by a band of rebels seeking aid in their quest of overthrowing the king. After a few moments of discussion Marcus and his friends declined and ran off into the country side.
Other: Marcus is a humorous guy that loves to pull pranks. Beside that, Marcus is a very good soldier who will follow orders, as long as they don't require needless bloodshed. Marcus is also a very good swordsman. At first glance, Marcus seems like he is an absolute idiot, but in actuality, Marcus is very sharp.
Type of Character: Secondary

PS: if anyone has a good idea for what the "Mission" that got them arrested was could you PM me?
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

I finally have pictures of Starcloak, Gleid, and Majhad.

Also, Matt DeBar, did you mean to post your character description in this thread? This particular roleplay is sort of dead, but that link is to the current one.

~smcginnis
Learning French.

I'm a Pumpkin.

Matt BeDar
Archer

Post by Matt BeDar »

Oops, :oops:
Thanks for the link
Lord Nev
Reeve

Post by Lord Nev »

Help me. Nev is approaching a town but I don't know what town he's approaching. Should I make one?
Beware the day my soul is unleashed. Not even Megablocks itself will rival its fire!
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

I'm pretty sure you meant to post in this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=9271
Lord Nev wrote:Help me. Nev is approaching a town but I don't know what town he's approaching. Should I make one?
You could. Or you could use Galf's village, or the area where the inn is in the Wolfpack lands, or Leonopolis, or Falconia.

~smcginnis
Learning French.

I'm a Pumpkin.