Buy replicas of medieval armor and weapons!!!

Discussion of topics concerning life in the middle ages around the world, including architecture, history, and warfare.
Mid Knight
Peasant

Buy replicas of medieval armor and weapons!!!

Post by Mid Knight »

You can buy replicas of medieval weapons and armor at www.knightsedge.com Just don't shoot anyone with the crossbows...
DS9
Laborer

Post by DS9 »

here another link for you: http://www.swordsdirect.com/
there are many sites like these things, most even have "battle ready" weapons. so you can basicly use them directly for war.
Crazy.. i was crazy once.. once they put me in a round room with a dot in the corner i liked that dot i counted that dot... one.. one..one..one ..it drove me crazy!! Crazy?!? I was crazy once!!
amadeus
Apprentice

Post by amadeus »

Those both are great, but I don't like people's misuse of the word medieval, considering it is not great, flamboyant suits of armour, but simple chainmail, and scalemail. Even knights from 500-900 rarley would go on horseback wearing that stuff. Atmost, full banded mail.
Lord Nev
Reeve

Post by Lord Nev »

Nothing's impossible. Chain mail and scale mailseems logical to wear on horses. Would the horse tire quicker with tiny pieces of metal or one big plate weighing a ton? And that's incliding helmet and weapon.
Beware the day my soul is unleashed. Not even Megablocks itself will rival its fire!
E of Alshire
Merchant

Post by E of Alshire »

Lord Nev wrote:Would the horse tire quicker with tiny pieces of metal or one big plate weighing a ton?
Would the knight die quicker with tiny pieces of metal or one big plate weighing a ton?
Lord Nev
Reeve

Post by Lord Nev »

Only if they caught him. Chain mail could only be pirced by a stab. Scale mail would be more protecting. I mean overlapping bts of metal would not be easily punctured.....unless you could pry them apart and stab thru the hole.
Beware the day my soul is unleashed. Not even Megablocks itself will rival its fire!
Recluce
Landlord

Post by Recluce »

Lord Nev wrote:Only if they caught him. Chain mail could only be pirced by a stab. Scale mail would be more protecting. I mean overlapping bts of metal would not be easily punctured.....unless you could pry them apart and stab thru the hole.
Hence the reason why weapons were designed to puncture armor, and of course to just crush the armor and flesh inside it.

Commercial replicas of weapons and armor don't really interest. There are very few companies that make them properly, and my best pieces come from independant blacksmiths like Darkwood Armory.
g2
Sir Postsalot

Post by g2 »

Hmmm…now all I have to do is lose a few (many) pounds, and I could buy some of that stuff too. Maybe I will just settle for a monk's robe. :D