Eragon story

Discussion of Castle Themed stories
Lord Nev
Reeve

Eragon story

Post by Lord Nev »

Hey I've got an excellent idea! Who wants to illustrate Eraon and Eldest with MOCS? We can plan here and I'll start the official thread when we have everything planned.

Our main objective is to stick to the books. I think we could use either the brown male hairpiece or the blonde one. Or we could use black "Obi Wan episode 2 hair." I always envisioned Eragon's hair to be black. Brom could be a Dumbledore set of hair pieces. Any ideas on Saphira welcome. Any more ideas?
Beware the day my soul is unleashed. Not even Megablocks itself will rival its fire!
Danju the Clever
Artisan

Post by Danju the Clever »

I would help once I get an understanding of the digital camera, but beware, I WILL mock it!

My ideas is that Eragon should have short black hair, Brom should have shoulder-length white hair (paint it!) and a Mathias face. Durza should be a Darth Maul fig but without the hood and with a Castle weapon. Murtahg would have shoulderlength blonde hair. Arya should have black DD hair, I think Recluse has a cast in that color. Etc...
Remyth
Trade King
Location: At the corner of Nowhere Avenue and Not Close to Anything Street

Post by Remyth »

I might be interested in helping. I liked Eragon(haven't read Eldest yet). It is an interesting idea. I might be able to help somewhat.

Thanks,
Thomas Wunz <><

"A nameless, shapeless beast from the dark underside of Chat." - Josh Wedin

[url=http://flickr.com/photos/11381994@N00/]Flickr[/url]
Lord Nev
Reeve

Post by Lord Nev »

Cool! Danju, if you're going to just make this seem stupid I'd rather you not participate. But only if you don't take it seriously mind you.

I think we could somehow brasso a mouth or sumthin from those stingray figs that have bright red eyes. I also thot of having Recluce help out with the hair. That bright red Dumbledore pieces looks like it would fit nicely. The darth maul body would fit well. Just not the face. If you'll remember, a Shade's skin is deathly pale. If we got the eyes and hair right, I don't think nayone would care about the complexion...but the book readers would.

Ajihad we could do with a black guy basketball set face. We need a beard and bald head. Any thots on Saphira or urgals?
Beware the day my soul is unleashed. Not even Megablocks itself will rival its fire!
Shurtugal
Bailiff
Location: On the Albertan Prairies, listening to some slow country music

Post by Shurtugal »

yeah, sure, I'd like to help. I wonder how would we do it, though? Would everyone build different scenes out of the book and then we out them all together? Anyway, it sounds cool.

Hmmm, I always imagined Eragon with brown hair...but I'll go with black unless I find something in the book that says brown specifically.

Elfish Eragon: I was thinking the elves would good as fleshtoned figs, because of their fair skin. For Eragon, I think the guy from the knight buswould be good.

Durza: The fleshtone Malfoy face is what I would go with, because it's got a great evil-looking smirk. You could just dot the eyes with a red Sharpie. Also, I think a black ninja sword would be good with him.

Arya: I agree about the black Dumbledore hair. The face I'm not sure about.

Garrow: This head.

Horst: Finally some use of the KK2 guy.

Brom:This one.

Urgals:
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=3626bpx72
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=3626bpx73
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=3626bpx9
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=3626bpx93

Ajihad: I think this guy is perfect.

Oromis: Yeah, I know he's not supposed to have facial hair.This is as close as I think we'll get

Queen Islanzadi: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic ... 3626bpb197

Orik: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=3626bpx91

Vanir: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic ... 3626bpb206

I guess some of these will be hard to come by, I hardly have any of them myself, but they're good inspiration I think.
~Andrew C.

[url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php]MOCpages![/url]

Eka ai fricai un Shur'tugal! I am a Rider and a friend!
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

I think this is a great idea. Reading your posts, though, reminds me that I will have to go back and read the books again. I had no idea how much I had forgotten. How are we planning on splitting this up, though, if a single person has the figs? Also, about the dragon, we could get a few volunteers to make try and make here, and then use the best one.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

Hmm... this is going to be a project of monumental effort... hope you guys are up to it, because I think it's a pretty cool idea. I'd like to see some cool pics in the future... especially since I've never read the books... it'll be a nice way to read it for the first time... in LEGO. :) good luck!
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
Danju the Clever
Artisan

Lord Nev wrote:The darth maul body would fit well. Just not the face. If you'll remember, a Shade's skin is deathly pale.
Well, I pictured him with black pulpy flesh in big hairless folds. No matter what the book said... If you really want a pale Durza, I'd use Snape or Voldemort. Saphira could be an Ofnir, if you took off the armor.
For urgals, attach horns to a Gammorean Guard. For Ajihad, I'd use a Santis, but brasso off the hair.
Lord Nev
Reeve

Post by Lord Nev »

Well, you guys could volunteer for a chapter or I could assign it. Either way works. We've got to take into consideration whether or not everyone has the heads. If you finish a chapter just post it here.

Nice choice on the Brom and Garrow heads. The Horst one is a bit...mean for my envisionment of the character. I like the beard but if he could have a smile it would be better. Wouls be better for Sloan. That one could be used for a serious Horst in Eldest.

Right now, we're just doing Eragon. Don't jump too far ahead or you'll ruin Eldest for me. ;) Ajihad is perfect. Trim beard, bald head, just great!

I was also thinking of the Ofnir for Saphira. Who has an Ofnir? The Malfoy thing would work.

Yes, the Eragon head is good. But Orik should have a beard.

We need figs for all these characters.
Eragon
Garrow
Roran
Sloan
Katrina
Horst
Elain
Albriech
Baldor
Brom
Gertrude
The jeweler
Jeod
Helen
Angela
Arya
Orik
Hrothgar
Nasuada
Ajihad
Jormundor
2 Ra'zac (Darh Maul head?)
Durza
Galbatorix
Morazan
Thirteen Forsworn
Vrael
The loyal riders

Did I forget anyone?

Brom's history will be MOCed as he's telling the stories. Script on the bottom while the riders are in battle or Galbatorix in the forest while Brom's saying it kinda thing.

Your assignments will depend on what fig-heads you have. When we decide on them, post which ones you have. But wait until we've picked the heads.
Remyth
Trade King
Location: At the corner of Nowhere Avenue and Not Close to Anything Street

Post by Remyth »

I have an Ofnir Dragon. I might be able to take off it's armor and make it still look good. I will try it, and let you know.

In Christ,
Thomas Wunz <><

"A nameless, shapeless beast from the dark underside of Chat." - Josh Wedin

[url=http://flickr.com/photos/11381994@N00/]Flickr[/url]
Danju the Clever
Artisan

IDEAS:
Lord Nev wrote: Eragon: Jayko face? Short brown hair, the red KK2 sword for Za'roc, no idea for torso because I only pictured his face.
Garrow: Some old face, how about Obi-Wan's? Episode 2 Anakin body, brown legs.
Roran: I didn't picture this guy in much detail.
Sloan: I always pictured him to be bald, maybe classic smilie? Peasant torso and legs.
Katrina: Blonde Hermionie hair, Hermionie hair, that Harry Potter divination teacher's torso and robe.
Horst: Didn't picture in much detail.
Elain: Who?
Albriech: Who?
Baldor: Who?
Brom: Mathias face, forestman cap, Darth Maul torso and legs, black cape.
Gertrude: Who?
The jeweler: Who?
Jeod: Who?
Helen: Who?
Angela: Yellow Palpatine face, brown hood or gray hair, brown stick for a cane, Endor Luke torso, Maradur's Map Statue robe.
Arya: Black Dumbledore hair, Padme face (the one that looks angry,) KK1 warrior princess torso, black legs.
Orik: Viking helmet (horns optional,) any face with RB's dwarf beard, perhaps the viking with red hair?
Hrothgar: Is that the dwarf king?
Nasuada: Who?
Ajihad: Santis face with brasso'd hair, black or purple cape, speckled armor, gray legs. Any sword.
Jormundor: Who?
2 Ra'zac: Aren't they the cloaked guys? If so, jawa face, black hood, Darth Maul torso, black legs and cape, greatsword.
Durza: Darth Maul with a Voldemort, Snape or Grey Palpatine head. Red shoulderlength or Dumbledore hair.
Galbatorix: Black samuai helmet, Shadow Knight face, Vampire cape, Vladek armor and black legs. Greatsword.
Morazan: Who?
Thirteen Forsworn: I can't remember how they were described.
Vrael: Who?
The loyal riders: Variety, perhaps with a common uniform. Try a black cape, grey chestplate, legs and torso, KK2 sword or shortsword.
Please post the descriptions of the characters I don't remember and I'll some up with parts for them. Also, I will help, and I'll try not to mock it. I have a small bit of fan in me.
Last edited by Danju the Clever on Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sarous
Foot Soldier

Post by sarous »

not Knowing main characters,read the books before you post
Riath Angel Sin, the soul reaping hexblade
Lord Nev
Reeve

Post by Lord Nev »

I have read Eragon. In the middle of Eldest but we're not doing Eldest yet!

Here's what we have and what we don't. Garrow, elf Eragon, Brom, Ajihad, and if we could geta beard for Orik, he'd be fine. We need a kinder face for Horst. Sloan would be better for that KK2 head. Notice these are approvals for the head submitted.

The Forsworn and the loyal riders: We could get a few bodies, heads, weapons, helmets etc. and just switch em around and make it seem like a bunch of people. Vrael will be the Luke face with tan Dumbledore hair.

Good, we have an Ofnir. Angela will be a Hermione face from the HP sets. Eragon needs to be young face with some personality like engraved hair on his head.
Danju the Clever
Artisan

sarous wrote:not Knowing main characters,read the books before you post
I have read. A LONG TIME AGO. And I never read Eldest. Besides, you're 8 years old, I can tell. Learn proper grammar before you post.

PS: Angela shouldn't have a Hermionie face. I pictured her as an old hag.

PPS: No flesh faces for elves or pale characters! I don't think they look pale compared to yellows at all! How that bugs me...
sarous
Foot Soldier

Post by sarous »

actualy i am in grade ten and 16 turning 17 and la is not my best subject
Riath Angel Sin, the soul reaping hexblade