The Return of Castle in 2007 (?)

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

They are not fake. That is all I will say.

Also note that early catelogues often include prototype images, so the bardings and other things are subject to change.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
mysticallyenchanting
Villein

Post by mysticallyenchanting »

Wow these are really great.

If it's not too late I'd like to reiterate what Jacob C said about an extra shield in set 7090. That would make it a perfect army builder.

Well done Lego!
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

Assamite wrote:And force them to take all our Willa figures!

CM
I like Willa.

Only her head presents any sort of problem. The actual torso and skirt pattern are quite nice.
Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch Batman!!

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... ueandwhite]My Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/httpwwwflickrc ... eandwhite/]My Flickr[/url]
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

Lord_Of_The LEGO wrote:They are not fake. That is all I will say.

Also note that early catelogues often include prototype images, so the bardings and other things are subject to change.
You have put my mind at ease. Thank you.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
Shurtugal
Bailiff
Location: On the Albertan Prairies, listening to some slow country music

Post by Shurtugal »

They are not fake. That is all I will say.
YESSS!!! That's all I need to hear. :wink:
~Andrew C.

[url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php]MOCpages![/url]

Eka ai fricai un Shur'tugal! I am a Rider and a friend!
venvorskar
Bailiff

Post by venvorskar »

In the same member's Brickshelf folder, there is a folder with several other new sets that I assume are also to be released in 2007. There is more Batman, Star Wars, Tecnic, Exo-Force, City, and Creator sets, as well as a new Mission to Mars theme.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=2967
xbloodyfangs
Laborer

Post by xbloodyfangs »

Also, the top of the 7091 set box has a crown soldier holding the "Shield of ages" from KK2:3
Mike Viper
Archer
Location: At home practicing my singing, building, or hanging around with friends.

Post by Mike Viper »

I'm for it. Some of it, like the scimmies, look like mega-bloks rips. But hey, then I can purchase them and say I'm still a purist (I've kinda envied megas weapons, some of them, but never got any.)

THE OLD SWORDS ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy cow, i cannot contain my excitement for some. It's the one thing I do not have that I've always wanted. Who cares what colors they are? They're the good ones!

heh heh, lego reads this forum. I know it, but since they aren't supposed to take suggestions from fans, I won't reveal how I know it. Unless someone else has (I can't read 15 pages right now)

The skelton horse looks mega-blocky, but I'll take it. By my hands I shall take it. And pay for it opf course, I'm not a robber.

Everything....guys...everything....without needing BL...it's back. All back. Nearly every little piece...back. :cry: So..happy. Wait a minute...the knights visor is here to! :shock: :cry: my day...made...here...now.

I just hope the prices aren't out the door. Love the skeleton shields. Hope the walls aren't single piece pieces.

THANK YOU LEGO.

P.S. to lego, if Mega Bloks tries to seu you for the dragon design, if, just if, when you win, give them a big smile and buy them something from the vending machine on your way out. Thier expression will be priceless.
I ow it to wunztwice for directing me here.
garraofthesand
Laborer

Post by garraofthesand »

THE CASTLE IS NOT JUST A WALL!!!!!

Yay!!! we finally get a "new age" castle that is finally not just a reversible wall!!!!! (other than the viking fort.
Time to go nighty night mister west.

Yay Nightey nigh- ugh. ZZZZZ....
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

No not the willa figures!
oh the humanity!

Now if the final virsion of the castle doesnt have stilty towers i think we should all buy five copies just to show our grattitude!

Sorry that was a smidge off the current topic, but those stilty towers have been bugging me all day.
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

timber_wolf899 wrote:No not the willa figures!
oh the humanity!
I actually like the Willa fig. Probably because I don't have one. :wink:

When I see how much LEGO has evolved in the past couple years, I wonder what it will look like in the year 2008, or 2009...
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

Bruce--your theory on the design is very interesting. I saw the Adventures/Indy connection right away, but I didn't see this. The skeletons are non-human in the sense that you are not killing another person per se. Just as the orcs are not humans. The other LOTR connections are tenuous, just as they would have to be so as not to arouse too much interest. I would welcome LOTR-ish LEGO elements. I wonder if LEGO will include a storyline, though I hope not. It'll be intruiging to see how this rolls out.
Rich
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

I actually like the Willa fig. Probably because I don't have one.
I advise you not to break the bank trying to get even one. I'm not trying to make you change your mind, just advising you that they not only lack versatility in customization, (unless you make queens), but they are the complete personification of the word jibbly.
Baned
Foot Soldier

Post by Baned »

(First post from a noob)
These new castle sets look superb. Here's my thoughts, and I'm sure most have already been aired in this topic.

-Flail weapon is gonna be a sweet addition.

-No opinion on the skeleton bodies, but I actually enjoy the new skulls. The red eye glow screams necromancy,

-And that's what I'm calling the wizard, a Necromancer.

-Maiden in a bone cage? AWESOME! I'm tired of the same cage design in Vikings, Castle, and Divers (7018, 8876, and 6558 respectively)

-Really looking forward to the undead horses. They don't look vary posable, but our normal horses (and Buckbeak) can only move their heads up and down anyway, so I'm not complaining.

-The dragon looks terrible. The Viking dragons are fantastic and highly poseable and their pieces are easily reusable in many other models. The colors are great, just rebuild them Viking-style. You're already using the Viking torso's in these sets.

-Looks to me like there is no storyline to tell you how to play with your Legos now, excellent. Even though it's quite clear who is good and bad between the two factions.

-Glad to see classic swords and helms return, as well a classic-styled castle. Good job!

-I'm going to amass hordes and hordes of the undead when these babies come out. Really hoping minifig packs make a return, maybe even S@H accessory bags.

-7090: A non-catapult seige weapon! Hurrah!

-New round shield look pretty sweet.

-7092: Is that a chrome silver scimitar AND shadow knight helm AND euro armor?

-7094: Do my eyes deceive me or is the king wearing a chrome gold euro armor?

-"Bley" really doesn't bother me anymore. It's starting to surprass my old grays, as far as castle pieces go.

-Where are the mounted knights' plumes? :(
Vidgamer838
Peasant

Post by Vidgamer838 »

Spongey wrote:
I actually like the Willa fig. Probably because I don't have one.
I advise you not to break the bank trying to get even one. I'm not trying to make you change your mind, just advising you that they not only lack versatility in customization, (unless you make queens), but they are the complete personification of the word jibbly.
I just got one for christmas, and I already had a willa head and torso. I didn't realize that they were semi-rare.