Awesome site you can drool over!

Discussion of topics concerning life in the middle ages around the world, including architecture, history, and warfare.
Unknown Knight
Laborer

Awesome site you can drool over!

Post by Unknown Knight »

www.mwart.com

the link stands for medieval weapon art :)

The site has swords, shields, armor, period costume equipment and so much stuff I wish I could get... however I only have so much money... :cry: .

Bummer... everything is so expensive these days :? .

Well though you might want pull up a chair and bucket and start drooling with me. :D
the Unknown Knight
----------
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

I go there from time to time, the stuff is nice, but cheaply made. All those are mass produced and have little accuracy to historical weapons (in material and design) and are not really made for combat.

Also they only sell armor that is built for a certain size, I would never buy their armor.

If I were you I'd seek a modern blacksmith or swordsmith, or a reliable company that makes these items. You could always check ebay, too.

Also be sure to look at your state's policy in regard to these weapons. For example sword canes are illegal in Massachussets.

DM
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Dragonlord Esq.
Reeve

Post by Dragonlord Esq. »

Well, you can't really go around carrying a sword cane anywhere. That 67" Odachi is pretty sweet though.
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Dragonlord Esq. wrote:Well, you can't really go around carrying a sword cane anywhere. That 67" Odachi is pretty sweet though.
That's the whole point. You let your attacker's think your a kind old gentlemen, when they get close, hit the button and thrust.
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Aviah102
Laborer

Post by Aviah102 »

Wow, most of the weaponry on the site looks very nice. I may have to pay a visit again in the future. Does anyone know if any of the blades are of good quality? The knives perhaps?
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Aviah102 wrote:Wow, most of the weaponry on the site looks very nice. I may have to pay a visit again in the future. Does anyone know if any of the blades are of good quality? The knives perhaps?
As I said earlier, these "weapons" are mass produced, probably cast in molds and dozens churned out daily. These weapons were not hammered out by a smith, and thus are not as quality. If you want a fake/fantasy sword for show get these, they are cheap. If your looking for a historical showpiece or an actual weapon to fight with, look elsewhere.

DM
g2
Sir Postsalot

Post by g2 »

Dragon Master wrote:...the stuff is nice, but cheaply made. All those are mass produced and have little accuracy to historical weapons (in material and design)...
Thanks for letting us know. The photos on the website make them look spectacular, and for those of us who live overseas (Australia) we can only go by what we see in th photos. So thank you.
Dragon Master wrote: If I were you I'd seek a modern blacksmith or swordsmith, or a reliable company that makes these items.
There is a really good company in the UK who make arms and armour using a swordsmith, but I can not remember their name. I will look for the name, once I find it, I will post a link.
Shurtugal
Bailiff
Location: On the Albertan Prairies, listening to some slow country music

Post by Shurtugal »

Was it possibly this site? If not, does anyone know if this is a good place to get replica weapons. They are apparently battle ready, judging by this article.I.been looking there for a while, now, probly won't buy anything for a while, (because) It's so expensive. Just wonderin.

~Andrew
~Andrew C.

[url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php]MOCpages![/url]

Eka ai fricai un Shur'tugal! I am a Rider and a friend!
sarous
Foot Soldier

Post by sarous »

do they have scimitars? :D :D :!: :!:
Riath Angel Sin, the soul reaping hexblade
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

You need to check out a place with REAL swords:

www.angelsword.com

This one is mine:

Mwart and MRL aren't bad for replicas and decoration/costuming though, but I wouldn't ever do anything with them (target cutting, sparing, etc)
sarous
Foot Soldier

Post by sarous »

but i repeat do the have scimitars?
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

sarous wrote:but i repeat do the have scimitars?
Go check yourself, he gave a link.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
sarous
Foot Soldier

Post by sarous »

i can not get to that site at school.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

sarous wrote:i can not get to that site at school.
Well, do it at home. I'm sure you can wait a few hours. That's what I do, even if computer lessons in Physics bores me to death :P

- Matt
sarous
Foot Soldier

Post by sarous »

no computer in the house thanks to my dad :cry: