Story Hosting

Discussion of Castle Themed stories
Spongey
Merchant

Story Hosting

Post by Spongey »

Is there any place where I can host stories? I do not have my own website, and I don't want to take up four pages of a thread on this website with a long chapter. Thanks in advance for your responses.
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Have you tried 50webs.com or freewebs.com? I think 50webs is the best but I´ve never got it to work for some reason... ottoatm is the resident 50webs guru so I guess I should wait for him to speak..

Freewebs is very easy though and works quite well as long as you host your pics somewhere else (very limited space).
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

Have you tried freewebs.com. Mine is hosted there, and its free.
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

Thanks for the advice. Do I have to know some sort of programming or website language in order to use freewebs or 50webs. I do not know anything in terms of creating a website, so it would be helpful if I wasn't required to know how.
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

Freewebs, just go to easy mode, hard mode you need to know HTML, stuff like <html> <font color=red> and such. But with easy mode its just like word.
Lonan
Foot Soldier

Post by Lonan »

Here is an old thread where we discussed the virtues of freewebs, if you're interested. I found it to be a very easy place to host a story.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=koolhand77]My Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
[url=http://www.freewebs.com/msm1977/]The Graven Hawk[/url] a short story
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

You could also just put the story into a .txt file, and host it on Briskshelf. I think they allow that.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

Thanks again for the ideas. I think that I will be making a freewebs site soon, if it is as easy as it sounds.
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

Blogging is another option. It's maybe a little unconventional, but if you're lacking HTML skills as you say, beyond choosing a picture and writing there's not much else. There's lots of bloggers here too, so i'm sure someone would be able to help.

Regardless, i'm looking forward to it all the same. :)