New Article: Minifig Torso Designs and Stickers

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

New Article: Minifig Torso Designs and Stickers

Post by SavaTheAggie »

Hey all,

A new article has been added to our How-To section. Feel free to check it out.

Feedback on any article is always appreciated.

--Anthony
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

Again fantastic job Anthony !

I like specially all the variations on peasant torso and the yellow forestman torso.

I think i'll use them on my MOCs. :)
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Your work is great...but :( No DM torsos :( oh well. I guess I could put the shield image on one of the toros.

Great Work,

Dragon Master
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Javier Teulon
Gong Farmer

Torsos and shields design

Post by Javier Teulon »

Anthony, your article is great. Very good job.

Thanks a lot

:D
Regards,

Javier Teulon
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

Dragon Master wrote:Your work is great...but :( No DM torsos :( oh well. I guess I could put the shield image on one of the toros.

Great Work,

Dragon Master
I'm not going to lie to you. The three dragon master torsos, seen here:

ImageImageImage

Are among my least favorite castle torsos that LEGO ever made. I don't know if it's the dark color contrast between red and black, or maybe because the figs came with different colored legs. But I think the main reason why I never liked them was because of the 'cartoony' dragons the torsos had on them.

Personally when I want to make dragon figs, I stick with the red or blue scale mail that the Black Monarch was so fond of.

Perhaps I will make one or more of these torsos, but for now I'm taking a break.

--Anthony
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

Does Scott Runyan know that this picture represents a wrong figure? The blue arm seems to be turquoise. And compared to the blue leg I think it actually IS turquoise...
Are among my least favorite castle torsos that LEGO ever made. I don't know if it's the dark color contrast between red and black, or maybe because the figs came with different colored legs. But I think the main reason why I never liked them was because of the 'cartoony' dragons the torsos had on them.
Indeed. With the release of this line TLC entered the gates of Cartoon Castle World. It wasn't even neccessary to make minifigs cartoonesque because for me they are cartoon characters for themselves.

Bye
Jojo

Bricksidge
Philosopher-King of the Gong Farmers

Post by Bricksidge »

Impressive work as always, Anthony. They are all amazingly accurate as well. From the Dark Forestman straight to the Jedi, they're all winners. I've already started seperating 'figs into piles to see how many I can sticker up. Now all I need is a new printer....
~[url=http://www.neutronbot.com/kevin/]Kevin Blocksidge[/url]
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

Wow!! :shock: :shock: This is a real resource that you have laboured to provide the community with! Once I figure out how to print them I will be on my way....

I am technologically challenged. What program do I need to print out the PSD's I downloaded? Can I print out a whole page with several different torso's on it? I know to most of you this sounds ridiculous, but I am not real computer savvy! Thank you.
Troy T. Moore
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Hi Troy.

This depends what image programs you have. PSD's are photoshop files. These are good to download if you want to modify Anthony's designs. Otherwise, the .jpg files should do fine. If you have an editing program, like photoshop, you can copy and paste multiple shields to make a large image. Then you could print out a sheet of shields. If you have a pc, you could do this in paint, but that might take some time. I hope this helps you :D

If not, there are people here who can tell you what to do much better than I can.

Ben E.
CC Sets Admin
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Anthony - once again you have astounded with the sheer volume and attention to detail! Great job! I am now in the process of making a city guard for my castle - maybe they should be nicknamed Sava's Bunch?

Troy - I usually paste the design into paint to work with, save it, and then insert that picture into a word document. then you don't have to save a huge bmp to print.
you can also copy the image in word and paste multiple times for many shields and torsos.

LF
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Re: New Article: Minifig Torso Designs and Stickers

Post by footsteps »

SavaTheAggie wrote:Hey all,

A new article has been added to our How-To section. Feel free to check it out.

Feedback on any article is always appreciated.

--Anthony
Hey, Anthony.

Nothing like reviving an old thread.

I have a question regarding the colour swatches jpg that you supplied with your article. Obviously they are meant to be the equivalent of TLC colours. I don't have sophisticated tools to work with (MSPaint and Irfanview), so I'm having real trouble trying to replicate these custom colours for editing usage in MSPaint.

Can you post the specs for each colour?

I've created my first tan peasant customs using your SW torso designs, and I followed your suggestions to create Orient Expidition torsos. To do a real good job, though, I need to get better colour matches. Can you help?

Alan

PS Outstanding articles, BTW, every one of them.
Last edited by footsteps on Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
Draygen
Artisan

Post by Draygen »

I really appreciate all the work you put in Anthony. I've used quite a few of your torsos and modified some for my own use. If it wasn't for that article I'd of never known the freedom i know now.

One small note and im not sure if its just me. Tried to DL that Scorpion Oval shield and I keep getting some error from it. Broken Link? Or something on my side?
Dreams are only unrealized realities.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Whoa!

I almost thought this was a new thread!

I was wondering...

Where's the link? I wanna see the new designs.

Then i saw the dates.

I was both relieved (Ikros has not been put on hold) and disappointed (no new torsos).
MaxiVisVires
Squire
Location: San Diego, CA If I was any closer to LEGOLand, I'd be living there

Post by MaxiVisVires »

Gah I got all excited for no reason. :?
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

You did never saw the thread.
Weird.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.