Website is up!

Discussion of Castle Themed stories
Spongey
Merchant

Website is up!

Post by Spongey »

Hello

I just wanted to announce that my website, which hosts my MOCTale, is up and running. There is no title yet, so the name is provisional.
It can be found at http://www.freewebs.com/land-of-timbermen
Hope you all visit soon, and new chapters are on the way.
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

Hah, Yes finally, now all I want to get out of you is chapter 2.
I also put up a link to your page from my website.

Suggestions:
Maybe you could add some pages: Prologue, heroes, Villains, Links, Ect.............
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

Prince Imdol wrote:Hah, Yes finally, now all I want to get out of you is chapter 2.

Suggestions:
Maybe you could add some pages: Prologue, heroes, Villains, Links, Ect.............
Thanks a lot Prince Imdol. It really means a lot to me that you put a link from your website.
As for the additional pages, the story is still in its beginnings. The chapters may be edited a few times, and the characters are still a bit foggy. Eventually, though, I'll make some of these pages, as well as illustrations with MOCs, to make it more like ikros.net, or others of that style.
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Spongey wrote:
Prince Imdol wrote:Hah, Yes finally, now all I want to get out of you is chapter 2.

Suggestions:
Thanks a lot Prince Imdol. It really means a lot to me that you put a link from your website.
As for the additional pages, the story is still in its beginnings. The chapters may be edited a few times, and the characters are still a bit foggy. Eventually, though, I'll make some of these pages, as well as illustrations with MOCs, to make it more like ikros.net, or others of that style.
Actually I don´t think character listings are necessary. Maybe a list of names and a really short description for people to keep check of your characters but more than that isn´t necessary.
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

It looks very good. really like the green patern of the background, although I would suggest making the Home page a little bigger, more than a thrid of a page.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

Another page you should put up is a ghestbook, just to see how people like the chapters.
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Prince Imdol wrote:Another page you should put up is a ghestbook, just to see how people like the chapters.
Not to be a [insert ugly word here] but once again I beg to differ... the only thing most people get from guestbooks are snide remarks from idiots...
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

Not to be a [insert ugly word here] but once again I beg to differ... the only thing most people get from guestbooks are snide remarks from idiots...

Again, not to be in offence to anybody, but I have not gotten many remarks like that (considering I only have 4 remarks) but you can also just delete the bad remarks.
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

I'll consider setting up a guestbook. However, I don't want to suffer spam, bad links, or offensive remarks. I'm also going to be toggling the design eventually, to make the homepage better.
Knight David
Gong Farmer
Gong Farmer

Post by Knight David »

This is great!!!

Keep it up!!
David
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

Great looking site - kind of unique-looking, but with a very nice foresty-castley feel to it as well. :P I'm always glad to see new LEGO stories coming up, and the angle you have for yours is very cool to see.

I would, of course, have to chime in with others, in suggesting some pics ( :) ), but the writing is quite nice and the font/text is easy to read...

Off to take a look at chapter two now~and add your story to the Story listing~
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]