Massive Napoleonic and Castle Minifig Sell Off Part II

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
Gumby
Steward

Post by Gumby »

Oh-oh, guess you didn't get my PM on Feb 12... :( Anyhow another PM coming your way!
-Bryan
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Spongey wrote:
I'm withdrawing the Napoleonic armies
Where are you going to sell them now? I recommend putting up a page on the Eurobricks pirate forum- I noticed that they were talking about the original sale before your absence, and I'm sure that you could spark a bidding war between some of the members, since that kind of army is very valuable to pirate collectors, and it is rare to find a group of Imperial/Napoleonic figs of that size on Ebay or Bricklink.
Just putting in my two cents.
I'm keeping them - they are not going up for sale elsewhere. At least not for the moment. I really didn't want to sell them, and I made a lot more off the sets than I thought I would, so I have the luxury of hanging onto them. If anything, I'd like to acquire more, but I'll just have to wait and see what the future brings.

And I'm gone for the weekend, everyone (Strategicon at LAX), so any PM or finalized deals will have to wait a few days most likely.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

TwoTonic Knight wrote:
Spongey wrote:
I'm withdrawing the Napoleonic armies
Where are you going to sell them now? I recommend putting up a page on the Eurobricks pirate forum- I noticed that they were talking about the original sale before your absence, and I'm sure that you could spark a bidding war between some of the members, since that kind of army is very valuable to pirate collectors, and it is rare to find a group of Imperial/Napoleonic figs of that size on Ebay or Bricklink.
Just putting in my two cents.
I'm keeping them - they are not going up for sale elsewhere. At least not for the moment. I really didn't want to sell them, and I made a lot more off the sets than I thought I would, so I have the luxury of hanging onto them. If anything, I'd like to acquire more, but I'll just have to wait and see what the future brings.

And I'm gone for the weekend, everyone (Strategicon at LAX), so any PM or finalized deals will have to wait a few days most likely.
That makes sense. I for one would not want to part with a collection like that. I'm glad to hear that your sales up 'til this point have dug you out of a rut, and that you appear to be back on your feet. I hope that you make a full recovery from your trauma.
Ser Loktar
Foot Soldier

Post by Ser Loktar »

Hello, are you still alive TTK?
When I was a lad my mother told me that if I stood around all day with my mouth open a weasel was liable to mistake it for his den and jump right in. If you have something to say, say it, otherwise, beware of weasels.
GRRM
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

Ser Loktar wrote:Hello, are you still alive TTK?
Apparently yes, since he started this thread. :lol:
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Ser Loktar wrote:Hello, are you still alive TTK?
No - see location below my name to the left.
8)
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Gumby
Steward

Post by Gumby »

Did you get my PM, TTK? The fact that you have time to respond to this thread but not my PM is... unsettling. Makes me think twice about my offer(s).
-Bryan
Ser Loktar
Foot Soldier

Post by Ser Loktar »

You said it Gumby :twisted: :evil:
When I was a lad my mother told me that if I stood around all day with my mouth open a weasel was liable to mistake it for his den and jump right in. If you have something to say, say it, otherwise, beware of weasels.
GRRM
Ser Loktar
Foot Soldier

Post by Ser Loktar »

So is this sale over?
GRRM
BreadMan
Archer

Post by BreadMan »

Give the guy a break, he's having some rough times (see his post in announcements). He doesn't *have* to offer such awesome deals.
Ser Loktar
Foot Soldier

Post by Ser Loktar »

BreadMan wrote:Give the guy a break, he's having some rough times (see his post in announcements). He doesn't *have* to offer such awesome deals.
I've seen his post in announcments and wasn't trying to make his headache bigger, though I assumed that due to his financial problems that he would deal with us sooner than later (I first PMed a week ago)
I was distressed as he had the time to superflously reply to this post (which won't feed him) as opposed to PMing me or Gumby (either of whom may very well make the 5 minutes of typing quite worth it)
I still hope to hear from him and to help his fundraising efforts as his prices are very generous. :)
Sorry if I've offended anyone,
Ser Loktar
GRRM
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

Hey TTK,

I PM'ed you about the Dragon Army and haven't heard back. I'm assuming you sold it to the other fella? Let me know. And how was Strategerycon?
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

This is odd. Maybe a bit premature, but it's now three days since a post by TTK. Hope this isn't another disappearance/setback for him.
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

Yeah. I actually sent a check last Thursday, I'm hoping the items will be mailed soon.

~smcginnis

Edit: Forgot to mention, the check hasn't been cashed. TTK is probably just going through some rough times still.
Learning French.

Say it "ESS-MICK-GIN-ISS", with a hard "G", as in "get".

I'm a Pumpkin.

[url=http://www.freerice.com/]Free Rice[/url]
Lcuan82
Apprentice

Post by Lcuan82 »

hey blue knight,

TTK PMed me and said that I had the deal for the dragon knights, b/c I offered earlier - so I mailed out the check last week.

Sorry that he didnt let you know - I would've said something but I thought he was handling it

Luke