CCC Wall Section MOC

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Troy
King Mnementh the Bronze
King Mnementh the Bronze

CCC Wall Section MOC

Post by Troy »

So, i'm sitting her looking at the CCC standard....and looking at this pile of 1 x 6 x 5 gray bircks that I have. The ones with the stupid snake head pattern on them from the Chamber of Secrets set. Then it dawns on me....they would be perfect for making CCC wall sections out of. Since they are dirt cheap, and you can just face the snake printing inside and nobody will ever see it.

Now, I've got plenty of those wall sections. The problem is that I don't have any other gray parts in my collection (as I always sold the gray in my store since it brings in the money!) So, I had to raid my store for the rest of the parts. Fortunately, I had enough in stock.

I can't make more than one complet wall section though, as I seem to have only 16 gray 1 x2 bricks! Pitiful I tell ya! We need nice blue walls! Really! :D

Troy
Visit Troy's Surplus LEGO
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=mnementh
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

I like it Troy. Considering the amount of gray it takes to build the walls. Of course I have plenty of wall sections that I could use. Each of your walls needs 10 of the 1 x 6 x 5 bricks. $4.40 plus some misc. gray for a wall section - not bad.

Ben
Last edited by architect on Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Troy
King Mnementh the Bronze
King Mnementh the Bronze

Post by Troy »

Ben,

The 1x6x5 printed bricks are probably the cheapest parts of the wall. I had them priced at 20 cents each and couldn't sell them! The 1x2x5 bricks used on the ends are also dirt cheap. People don't seem to like the tall bricks very much, but I think that this is a perfect application for them, and it prevents you from having to "waste" regular bricks.

I do, however, find my lack of 1 x 2 bricks and inverted slopes rather disturbing. To rectify that situation, I ordered 1,400 1 x 2 bricks today, at 4 cents each! The inverted slopes will be harder to come by though.

Once I gear up my supply of some of these other component, I will be able to easily make a large number of these wall sections. Then all i'll need is some other people in the area, and we'll be well on our way to a CCC display!

Troy
Glencaer
Marquis d'Krakhed

you know...

Post by Glencaer »

This is a great idea. I was wondering what to do with my extra snake wall pieces.. they look soo... un-useful!

once again, a great idea!

-lenny
===
"The sound of laughter is like
the vaulted dome of
a temple of happiness. "
~-Milan Kundera-~
gerkenz
Peasant

Since they are dirt cheap ?

Post by gerkenz »

> ... a pile of 1 x 6 x 5 gray bricks ...

Yes, that's the right way to build these cc-walls !

BUT: are they realy cheap :?: the set isn't.

bye - I'm going to get some ..... :)
----
see ya,
Kai
Troy
King Mnementh the Bronze
King Mnementh the Bronze

Post by Troy »

The snake printed parts SHOULD be available cheaply, as I had mine listed for 20 cents each and they didn't sell. I also bought several hundred more from another seller at 20 cents each.

While the set that they came in IS expensive, it was not always so. Walmart.com clearanced them a while back for as low as $17.50! And the part in question is not very desireable, so it sells cheaply.

Troy
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

Hey Troy,

I had a question for you or other Bricklink dealers. Do you draw a sharp line between your "play with" bricks and your "brickshop" bricks? If so, how do you resist that temptation: "Hmm, I really need some more 1x6 bricks, but those in that bin are supposed to be for my store." If you don't draw a sharp line, how do you deal with it when you're in the middle of building a MOC, and someone orders a piece that forms an integral part of it.

Bruce
Charlie
Freeman

Post by Charlie »

I'm not nearly as big of a Bricklink seller as Troy, but I'll answer anyway.

Whenever I get a new set or bulk lot I sort out all the parts that I think I will need, or know that I need. Then I put everything else on Bricklink, and store it in Ziplock bags. If I need to use a part, I just delete it from my inventory, and use it.
Troy
King Mnementh the Bronze
King Mnementh the Bronze

Post by Troy »

My answer is pretty much the same as Charlies. My store inventory and my personal collection are kept physically separated. My collection is upstairs in the spare bedroom (with overflow into other rooms). My store inventory is in the basement, also with some overflow elsewhere.

When I part out sets, I pull out the parts that I like, and then list everything else. Not a perfect method, but it works OK. I've got vast amounts of some parts, more than I could ever use probably. And i've got NONE of other parts. Light Gray being an example. I haven't generally been a castle builder, and what I have build has been in non-standard colors. I had to pull parts out of inventory for the tower and wall sections, as I had NO light gray in my persanal collection.

Troy