Castle at Brickworld

Discussion and planning of large-scale Castle Themed displays and events
Crazylegoman
Bailiff

Castle at Brickworld

Post by Crazylegoman »

Hello all,

I am the Castle coordinator for Brickworld this summer. The Brickworld team just found out today from a LUGNET post by Christina Hitchcock that the only BrickFest in 2007 will be the one in Portland.

I was personally very much looking forward to going to two LEGO fests this summer, but unfortunatelly it looks like the August Brickfest will skip a year. Thus Brickworld in June will be the only major AFOL event in summer 2007. As such, I would like to encourage everyone who can to attend Brickworld in Wheeling (in Chicago metro area) June 21-24.

We plan to have a large CCC display as well as table space for people to show their individual MOC's. There will be an opportunity to vote for favorite MOC's as well as a couple of contests.

The Brickworld team has already done a lot of planning to make sure that this first Brickworld event runs smoothly and is well worth attending. The event will be held at the brand new 5 star Westin Hotel & Convention Center. Several people from the Brickworld team have visted the Hotel, and all have said that is very nice, and that the room we have for displaying is HUGE. The Westin Hotel is also right between the LEGO stores at the Woodfield Mall and Northbrook Court.

If you live anywhere near Chicago and have always wished that there was an AFOL LEGO event near you, now is your chance to go to one! I would really like for Castle to make a stong showing at Brickworld. (C'mon, we have to beat Space) :lol: I will update all of you here as I get new information about what will be going on at Brickworld.

If you have any questions or considerations on how the event will be run, how MOC's will be displayed or any other Castle-related concerns, please don't hesitate to reply or email me.

David "Fuzzy" Gregory
Brickworld Castle coordinator
Last edited by Crazylegoman on Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

Hey, I am going to brickworld too this summer. Am I aloud to bring my own castle there. I already destroyed my CCC.

Thomas
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

David,

I should be attending BrickWorld also as it is only a 4 hour drive for me. Some members of my lug, gtwlug, will likely attend also. I will bring a few castle mocs and several fields.

Ben
Crazylegoman
Bailiff

Post by Crazylegoman »

Prince Imdol wrote:Hey, I am going to Brickworld too this summer. Am I allowed to bring my own castle there? I already destroyed my CCC.

Thomas
Sure! All Castle MOC's are welcome. The CCC wall will have to have a castle in it to protect, and of course, that wall's purpose is to protect against something, so we'll need more castles outside the wall.

See you there!

David
Crazylegoman
Bailiff

Post by Crazylegoman »

architect wrote:David,

I should be attending BrickWorld also as it is only a 4 hour drive for me. Some members of my lug, gtwlug, will likely attend also. I will bring a few castle mocs and several fields.

Ben
Excellent! I always look forward to seeing your MOC's in person. I know that some people from my lug (IndyLUG) have some nice field sections. Hopefully they still have them, and together we can provide plenty of crops for the massive minifig armies.

David
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

I cant wait to get done with school then a few days after go to a great brickworld. This is gonna be ausome! :D

Is it ok that i will also be bringing a few space things?

Do you guys give amay armies when you say you provide them? I have fields and castles but no crops and houses.
Thomas C.

Crazylegoman
Bailiff

Post by Crazylegoman »

Prince Imdol wrote:I can't wait to get done with school then a few days after go to a great Brickworld. This is gonna be awesome! :D

Is it ok that I will also be bringing a few space things?

Do you guys give away armies when you say you provide them? I have fields and castles but no crops and houses.
Bringing Space MOC's is fine...as long as you don't put them in the Castle layout! (I'll be bringing a couple Space things too.)

I'm afraid we won't be giving away any armies. If you have a castle with MF's defending it, but not enough other MF's to attack it from the outside, I'm sure someone will come up with an enemy army to oppose yours. However, I'm also sure that said person will be taking their MF army home with them after Brickworld is over.

David
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

Ok that is cool with me. It will be cool to see a nice large army.
Thomas C.

kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

Do you have to be 18?

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

No, you do not. Though if your not you have to have an adult to be there with you.
Thomas C.

The dark tide
Gentleman

Post by The dark tide »

When you guys go be sure to get LOTS of pictures. I would go if I didnt live in FLorida :cry: Sorry about the off topic post :P
"The sky grows black...shadow falls...the Dark Tide comes..."

[Edgar J.]
DaveOhare01
Apprentice

Coming to Brickworld

Post by DaveOhare01 »

heya!

I think I am going to make Brickworld my first major show. It looks like a LOT of fun!

I would like to bring the Black Falcon's Citadel, as well as some additional layout around it. There will be an additional 4x8 of ocean and islands plus 4x8 of town area. Of course, I've yet to lay a single brick of town....so if anyone needs some real estate to plant a few houses, shops, barracks and so on!

First, is the Citadel too large? Second, would anyone like to help populate the town area? I am thinking of 12-15 Viking ships attacking across the ocaen area (I've got all that) -- so maybe a HUGE battle sceene? If the group would like to provide a town in panic...I've got the rest!

If you've not seen the castle...here is a link to the latest folder....

Dave
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=234327
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

According to my knolledge of what is going on, I dont think anything is TOO large (Within reason). I am bringing a Castle, which I wil start this weekend. Otherwise. I cant wait to see you there. It will be a lota fun! :D
Also. That is an awesome castle. Mine it about 20 times smaller than that. But I think if it can fit on the table, it will work.

P.I
Thomas C.

Crazylegoman
Bailiff

Post by Crazylegoman »

Dave that's great! I've seen some pics of your castle before, but I'm really looking forward to seeing something that big and detailed in person.

When you register for Brickworld ( https://registration.brickworld.us/ ) make sure to sign up for the number of tables that you think it will need. Each table is 30"X72".

See you in June,

David
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

I'm looking forward to pictures. I love seeing what you guys do at these events. I'd love to come to one of these events, but I just don't feel comfortable bringing my collection across the boarder. The idea of customs messing with my MOCs is too unsettling to think about.

Still, best wishes to all who are attending.
Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch Batman!!

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... ueandwhite]My Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/httpwwwflickrc ... eandwhite/]My Flickr[/url]