Displays!

Discussion and planning of large-scale Castle Themed displays and events
Glencaer
Marquis d'Krakhed

Displays!

Post by Glencaer »

Hello All,

My name in Lenny Hoffman, and I live in Tallahassee Florida.

I'm trying to find places to display my LEGO (both castle and space creations) and would love for someone to display with me. I know there is someone in these forums from Daytona - is there anyone else in Florida/Georgia area that would be interested and able to do displays with me?

Contact me at Glencaer at classic-castle dot com

Places to display would be like Public Libraries, conventions, festivals, etc.

I want to get the word out on LEGO Castle to the public at large!!

thanks
-Lenny
===
"The sound of laughter is like
the vaulted dome of
a temple of happiness. "
~-Milan Kundera-~
Glencaer
Marquis d'Krakhed

Post by Glencaer »

Wow

Just so everyone knows, I had nothing to do with the front page.. and actually I would have picked a more flattering picture. ;)

Here's the deal on shows I've set up so far:

Nov 7,8,9 : Festival of the Masters at Disney Marketplace: the LIC (LEGO Imagination Center) asked KK Quah (who extended the offer to me as well) to do a display there. The festival is like an artshow that LIC usually does something for. KK and I will be doing a East vs. West display featuring his Japanese Castles and my European City/Village.

The Month of December (1st thru Jan 3rd) - One man show of LEGO creations (both Medieval and space) at the local public library. They are doing a set up about toys, so my stuff will fit right in.

I've also talked with a branch library about doing shows, but haven't set up anything yet.

I've also talked with local Medieval Festivals, like the Hoggetowne Faire in Gainesville and Ren Fest in Live Oak - and with some Comic Conventions in Jacksonville. So far, I've found that getting displays is as simple as asking and being willing to do what they need you to do. The rewards are self-evident.

-Lenny
===
the vaulted dome of
a temple of happiness. "
~-Milan Kundera-~
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Very cool, I would love to attend, but I live nowhere near there. I live in Massachussets. I love your YOCS (YOUR OWN CREATIONS) :lol: You'll do fine.

Bon Chance!

Dragon Master
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Glencaer
Marquis d'Krakhed

Post by Glencaer »

where in Mass? cause NELUG is around there, and they are always involved in something or another. one NELUGer - Travis Kunce, is a friend of mine. He's done castle a bit here and there. a fun guy.

btw, thanks for the support.. ill let everyone know how it turns out!

-lenny
===
the vaulted dome of
a temple of happiness. "
~-Milan Kundera-~
INTENSS
Freeman

Post by INTENSS »

Lenny,

I'll be at an airshow tomorrow (Saturday) here in Daytona...but I'll have some time Sunday to head down to the Lego Imagination Center on Sunday. When will you be there...what else is going on there?

-Rich
Glencaer
Marquis d'Krakhed

Post by Glencaer »

Hey Rich - did I see you there and miss you?

Well, it was an Awesome weekend! KK took pictures

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=62833

I will make a formal announcement when I have my own pictures posted tomorrow - it was such fun! I think i even recruited a few more castlers to the cause!!

-Lenny
===
the vaulted dome of
a temple of happiness. "
~-Milan Kundera-~