Heavy Water Ruins

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
tbaixinho
Villein

Heavy Water Ruins

Post by tbaixinho »

Hi everyone,

Here I'm after a couple of months to tell you that I've finished the 2ª module of HW. In this module I've tried to make the passage to a more living and working area. It will take time but eventually I'll get to the city.
Hope you like it and comments are welcome. :wink:

Tânia Baixinho
tânia baixinho
tbaixinho
Villein

Post by tbaixinho »

I'm having some trouble editing my post :?

Here is the Brickshelf folder.
tânia baixinho
lolas
Villein

Post by lolas »

I'm really impressed with your MOC. It's beautiful!
frco
Serf

Post by frco »

It is awesome man! I am thinking a long time about similar creation. 10/10
Recluce
Landlord

Post by Recluce »

Fantastic! The falls are very well done, though I think a few transparent blue and clear pieces could really give it a bit more life.
Matt BeDar
Archer

Post by Matt BeDar »

Holy crap, that is beautiful! If only I had more Legos I could make something of the same size, only it would probably be a fortress.
Dwarves shall conquer all!!!
[url=http://brickroleplaying.freeforums.org][img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Doodstorm ... banner.png[/img][/url]
Knight David
Gong Farmer
Gong Farmer

Post by Knight David »

Wow!!! That is great!!!

Keep it up,
David
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

Wonderful addition! The ruins themselves aren't that interesting to me, but everything else is! Although, I like that fallen statue... Oh, all right, the ruins are cool too. ;)

Your landscaping style, brick height instead of plate, is very nice looking. Normally I wouldn't think so, but it seems to work here. Similarly, although there are lots of colors, it isn't too colorful. The figures are also quite interesting; some of them are a bit modern-looking for a medieval scene, and yet they work.

The Forestman's cart is very nice looking, and the dock, too looks great. The rotting boat is quite well done, and I love the way the whole boats look with the benches in them. That hut near the upturned boat is really great; I love the sort of log-cabin look.

And of course, the original MOC was (and is) very very nice itself. Anything I missed, the trees and such, is also amazing. Hope there'll be more to this layout!

~smcginnis
Learning French.

Say it "ESS-MICK-GIN-ISS", with a hard "G", as in "get".

I'm a Pumpkin.

[url=http://www.freerice.com/]Free Rice[/url]
Knight David
Gong Farmer
Gong Farmer

Post by Knight David »

smcginnis wrote:

The Forestman's cart is very nice looking, and the dock, too looks great. The rotting boat is quite well done, and I love the way the whole boats look with the benches in them. That hut near the upturned boat is really great; I love the sort of log-cabin look.

~smcginnis
I have to agree there!! The forestman's cart is very cool!

David
Rusty Brick
Laborer

Re: Heavy Water Ruins

Post by Rusty Brick »

tbaixinho wrote:It will take time but eventually I'll get to the city.
You mean there's more coming? Wow. This is a pretty serious project if this is just the begining. Very well done. I think it does a great job of capturing a fishing community.
~R. Brick

Got Lego?
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

The lanscaping on this is absolutely lush, and there's a really good selection of colours. The details too are well thought-out and very lifelike.

What's more interesting though is the concept itself. A water village with ruins and overgrowth. In terms of Classic-Castle it's a little unorthodox, but the idea to me is incredibly appealing, and i'm looking forward to seeing more of this. :)
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

wow, this was the featured MOC on Classic Castle when I first signed up I think ... or close. Totally awesome, I can't get enough of that waterfall, great colour use there & totally awesome details all round - I like the ruin too ;)
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

This is great. Both the landscape and the waterscape are excellent. I also really like the building in the middle of the falls. The colouration is superb. This is an excellent piece.
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

Pore dude. He gets a nice refreshing shower.

P.I
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn
bannear
Artisan

Post by bannear »

Tânia Baixinho,
I really appreciate the fact that you have done such a marvelous job of representing this scene without dependence on anything other than the usual bricks we could all have on hand. I am also impressed by the variety of activities and places that draw your eye. I didn't notice the fellow out past the waterwheel until just recently. I like the way you have represented each event as a detailed element that just adds to the whole milieu.

I look forward to the City!
Cheers,
Bert.
Bert Annear
Bert's Brick's
http://www.BrickLink.com/store.asp?p=bannear