Castle 2007 Consolodation thread

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

This set was discussed briefly over on the Eurobricks Pirate Forum (with that kind of name, for obvious reasons) and the consensus seems to be that it's a Viking set. Although, you never know... :wink:
ericgizmo
Freeman

Post by ericgizmo »

i cant wait till castle comes out 8)
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

In a bit of annoyance, I found that for some reason the picture doesn't show on my computer right now... I'll have to go back tomorrow and see if I can find it.

That said, I did notice one really nice line...

"This product will be in stock on Wednesday 01 August, 2007."

:)
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
zac_schmitt
Freeman

Post by zac_schmitt »

anyone happen to have the photo of the "skeleton ship" on their computers or on some other source? the picture won't show for me, either, and i'm dying to see what it looks like.
79% of Classic Castle hates KK2. If you're one of the 20% that loves it, paste this into your sig. Started by Danju.
wunztwice
Knight Bannerett

Post by wunztwice »

Hmm, that is odd. I also thought that the viking line was supposed to be done with the last series of sets...

It would make since, though, if it were to be some sort of a "crossover" set. Skeletons (ie new castle line) but as a ship and listed under vikings. Makes a good transition, yeah?

But as to the reality of this set...I'm not sure. (do any of our illustrious ambasadors have info they can share?)
in His grip, Chris

Feed my hobby? [url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=wunztwice]My Bricklink[/url]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/wunztwice]My Flickr![/url]
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wunztwice/]My Brickshelf![/url](not updated...)
<><
sam89
Peasant

Post by sam89 »

For those looking for pics, there are none at the moment. And I'm pretty sure this set has nothing to do with Vikings. That site has several sets listed in the wrong categories.
Tekbot
Gong Farmer

Post by Tekbot »

It's now official. I will lay my hands on at least one of each new Castle set. The only one I'm a bit concered about is 7093, the Skeleton Tower.

I like the clean look on the new Castle sets, but 7093 isn't that cool if you ask me. But hey, I'm 28, not 8. And I guess there were more of the latter group in the Castle focus group. :wink:
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

The new big castle look awesome. The rest look okay. What really looks good about the new sets are the figs, and accesories- they finally perfected the fully armored mounted knight, and everything looks great. I just wish there were more regular figs, the skeletons are okay I guess but I prefer regular guys.
pwnage
Knight David
Gong Farmer
Gong Farmer

Post by Knight David »

my favourte set would have to be the joust. Anyone how to see that ship???

David
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

Knight David wrote:my favourte set would have to be the joust. Anyone how to see that ship???

David
No photos yet from TLC means it's probably against policy to leak pics yet. I am hoping it is a Castle boat, of some type, with traditional cloth sails and perhaps a few (4-6) oars. An update to this weeks Sea Serpent in the weekly reviews would be nice. Unfortunately being a Skeleton Ship Attack in name, it means we'll probably get a haunted pirate-ish evil boat. :cry:
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Emp.Justinian
Archer

Post by Emp.Justinian »

Don't mean to be a party-pooper but I think that the ship probably is a Viking craft. In Norse mythology a "ship of fingernails" will arrive at ragnorock carrying Loki and his army of dead. This is probably the Lego version of the ship of fingernails. Alas Lego doesn't seam to be that interested in medieval ships. :cry:

God speed

Emp.Justinian
Support the true king, Support SavaTheAggie!

A proud member of the Legion of Aggie

I Pledge Allegiance to SavaTheAggie
and to the empire for which it rules
one Empire under One Admin
invincible, with tyranny and injustice for all.
Old_School_Fan
Laborer

Post by Old_School_Fan »

I really don't believe this ship set even exists. Its only on one site, and without a picture? Too suspicious to me.

On the other hand, I might be falling for false hope in a different fashion, as Wikipedia now lists Castle 2007 as coming out in June. Keep in mind that Wikipedia is based on viewer imput, and not always fact.
Baned
Foot Soldier

Post by Baned »

Emp.Justinian wrote:Don't mean to be a party-pooper but I think that the ship probably is a Viking craft. In Norse mythology a "ship of fingernails" will arrive at ragnorock carrying Loki and his army of dead. This is probably the Lego version of the ship of fingernails. Alas Lego doesn't seam to be that interested in medieval ships. :cry:

God speed

Emp.Justinian
That would be amazing. I love Norse mythology, and Lego doing not just the creatures of the myths, but now one of the gods? This is all kinds of awesome. Though I don't want to get my hopes up quite yet.

And to whoever said they hope this ship is a recreation of the Sea Serpent, words escape me. (in a positive manner)
Peeron contributions: 577 (Viking Chess), 7009, 7654, 7655, 7695, 7771, 8813, 8821, and 8822.

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=MaccyG]My Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
zac_schmitt
Freeman

Post by zac_schmitt »

even if the ship was part of the vikings line, i think it has enormous crossover potential (not to mention how cool it being "based" on the afforementioned ship of fingernails and including a "god" figure would be - so cool, in fact, that i'm skeptical simply because of how great it would be). has there ever been another line so utterly compatible with castle? granted, vikings might not make a lot of historical sense depending on what "age" your own mocs and themes are based on (or are direct recreations of), but, overall, especially from a fantastical and more general point of view, vikings fit perfectly with any castle line, almost as part of castle itself, only a different faction. heck, when i was a kid i had no qualms about pirates visiting my castles.

the viking ships, moreover, are perfectly made for what they are (the big ship was always just a little too big and outlandish for my tastes, but it's still well done, and the smaller ship is absolutely perfect), and so i would welcome any viking ship with open arms, perhaps even more enthsuiastically than i would a straight castle ship (although the last ship lego released, dracus's clipper type ship, was quite cool)
79% of Classic Castle hates KK2. If you're one of the 20% that loves it, paste this into your sig. Started by Danju.
Emp.Justinian
Archer

Post by Emp.Justinian »

At first I thought that it would be much better to have a lego castle ship than a viking ship of fingernails, but now that the possibilities have been pointed out...

God speed

Emp.Justinian
Support the true king, Support SavaTheAggie!

A proud member of the Legion of Aggie

I Pledge Allegiance to SavaTheAggie
and to the empire for which it rules
one Empire under One Admin
invincible, with tyranny and injustice for all.