Weekly Set Review: 5138 Castle Equipment

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
JCool
Apprentice

Post by JCool »

I remember getting a couple of these accessory packs back in the day. My parents didn't want to shell out money to buy me big sets, so i could usually get away with getting an accessory pack or two... must have gotten about 4-6 from '92-95.

That being said there are some GREAT pieces in this pack. And just about every piece is immediately useful in a castle collection. Looking back these were a great deal as well, especially with the armor! I give it a 10/10.
-Joe "Cool"
Sir Brithead
Apprentice

Post by Sir Brithead »

I love the Lance it comes with, It is the best one they ever made. It did not have any bricks to build with so it is only a 3/10.

Just kidding, It has a beard, how can it not be cool. All the accesory packs have been great.
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Re: Weekly Set Review: 5138 Castle Equipment

Post by footsteps »

Not one of TLC's better sets. Limited part selection. No bricks or plates, fer cryin' out loud!!! No instruction sheet, and (need I say) little or no options for alternate models. Really, now, who needs all those weapons and helmets. Sheesh.

Alan

PS Couldn't resist. Someone had to do it. :wink:
PPS I really miss these accessory packs.
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
Lawkeeper
Peasant

Set Review: 5138 Castle Equipment

Post by Lawkeeper »

I love this one, I wish i had it. Especially the Euro armor and the plumes are cool.
Norro
Councilor

Post by Norro »

This was an amazing accessory pack (which I never owned). But is just edged by http://guide.lugnet.com/set/5184 for sheer use-ability of every last part...

God Bless,

Nathan
leshrac
Villein

Post by leshrac »

This is a good set. I used it as an army builder and had about 10 or 12 of them.

I was a little peeved when this one came out (though) because it replaced the set that had the Black Falcon and Crusader sheilds.
My dark age lasted 3 weeks back in 1996!
jamtf
Freeman

Post by jamtf »

According to lugnet I own this and I think mine is still sealed. Nice parts pack with the rare white plume wheel. The rest of the parts is quite average and quite easy to optain.
Coatsy
Laborer

Post by Coatsy »

I also tried to order this set through Shop @ Home, but as posted before I was too late. I really wanted that set for the armor and helmets. I remember seeing this in one of those catalogues from the sets and when I came out of my Dark Age.

Oh well.

I would like to see TLC offer more of these types of sets today, but I can get what I need via BrickLink or Ebay.

If LEGO would put Knight figure packs out like that have for Star Wars then I would definitely lay some cash down.
Herb Coats

"Chimichanga!"
Legendary_Corsair
Archer

Post by Legendary_Corsair »

I like this pack alright....Lots of good pieces and for sellers good prices now in days.....10/10 :P
I am.......a....Future Legend
Lawkeeper
Peasant

Post by Lawkeeper »

This is like THE set to have when buildin an army, or cooking up characters.