Can someone fill me in on the Castle-onical Rumor?

Discussion of general LEGO topics
spidereater
Gong Farmer

Can someone fill me in on the Castle-onical Rumor?

Post by spidereater »

What the heck is this rumor of a Bionicalized Castle theme?

That would suck. :x :evil:
I am so excited that I found this place.

Visit www.He-man.org !!!
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

I'm not quite sure myself. Check out the Thread on the Lego Castle board called Lego Castle has a future already in 2004
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

As webmaster of C-C, I'm trying to stay publically out of any castlonicle talk. But I came across a real awesome idea as an alternative to castle figs made of bionicle parts.

On FBTB.net, someone asked the simple question: How do we know they won't be brick-built Miniland figures like what Count-Blockula does? After all, Castle has nothing to do with biotechnology like Bionicle supposedly does.

--Anthony
Stephen
Laborer

Post by Stephen »

We seem to be putting a lot of energy into something based on very few facts. From what I can determine - someone saw a list of Castle theme set names and decided that the names seem like Bionicle set names. That's all we really know!

Since then we've been waving our arms and running in circles and predicting the end of the world. Maybe we need to relax a little and wait for more information.

One more thought: if LEGO now comes out with another theme as bad as Fright Knights, we're all going to be very relieved!
Jojo
Master

Re: Can someone fill me in on the Castle-onical Rumor?

Post by Jojo »

Hello!
spidereater wrote:What the heck is this rumor of a Bionicalized Castle theme?
I'm afraid... it's ... true.....

Here's a thread on 1000steine.de:
New sets in 2004

8770 Danju - der weise (The White)
8771 Jayko - der held (The Hero)
8772 Rascus - der joker (~)
8773 santis - der starke (The Strong)
8774 Vladek - der schwarze ritter (The Black Knight),

There ain't any pics online available, but I was told those figs are bionicleesque. Sad bat true.

My only hope that remains now is, that in the second half of the next year will be another amount of real Castle sets released.

Also it seems as if we will see a chrome-sabre in the new (Jack Stoned) Pirates line.

Bye
Jojo

LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

:lol: buck bucka buck :lol:
the sky is falling the sky is falling :D :D :D
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

For more precision I searched on the link Jojo posted (it's german but babelfish helped me)

Original page:
http://f24.parsimony.net/forum61776/messages/70489.htm

traduction concerning castles...
Knight's Kingdom (knight) is resumed as Actionserie. 5 knights in Bionicle design. Everyone approx. 20cm highly, 11 movable axles, altogether however better with resources combinably (have still a few burls). The 5 different coat of arms sign (wolf, bear, eagle, ape, scorpio) is above all interesting, which make themselves certainly in each system castle good as Wandbehang.

Many greetings, René
Are they wanting us to return in another Dark ages !

If Lego don't want to offer true castle set, I'll make mine... :wink:
Last edited by David Girard on Sat Nov 15, 2003 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stephen
Laborer

Post by Stephen »

OK. Go back to running in circles and waving your arms. <sigh>
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Ack! And Brad told us the castle heads would be happy this year, he must have lost his mind to think we'd be happy with this. Look like my Megablocks protest might become a reality. Ack! and lots of other expletives deleted...

WL
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Dr. H (PHD)
Gong Farmer

Re: Can someone fill me in on the Castle-onical Rumor?

Post by Dr. H (PHD) »

Jojo wrote:Hello!
spidereater wrote:What the heck is this rumor of a Bionicalized Castle theme?
I'm afraid... it's ... true.....

Here's a thread on 1000steine.de:
New sets in 2004

8770 Danju - der weise (The White)
8771 Jayko - der held (The Hero)
8772 Rascus - der joker (~)
8773 santis - der starke (The Strong)
8774 Vladek - der schwarze ritter (The Black Knight),

There ain't any pics online available, but I was told those figs are bionicleesque. Sad bat true.
NOOOOOOO!!!!

@$&%!

Bah, now TLC's really gone and done it.....
FOOLS! I'LL DESTROY THEM ALL! MWWHAHAHAHAHA
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

POST DELETED
Last edited by Dragon Master on Sat Nov 15, 2003 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

Boycott all new Castle and Pirate products 2003!
You probably mean 2004 :) The cards aren't all on the table yet and a post like this one of Dragon Masters is NOT helpful. Patience, grasshopper.
Troy T. Moore
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Thanks Troy,

I agree with you. We should wait to see what happens. I don't think that Bionicle sets will replace a theme made with bricks. Think rationally people :D I dont think that any further discussion of this topic is necessary.

It would be nice not to be rude to LEGO. I think there is a polite way of stating your opinions. Classic-Castle wants to have a good relationship with LEGO in order to coordinate castle events. The CC admins do talk to LEGO representatives. Being rude to TLC does not help us get the information or involvement from LEGO that fans want. Please keep this in mind.

Thanks,

Ben E.
Sets Admin
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!
architect wrote:It would be nice not to be rude to LEGO. I think there is a polite way of stating your opinions. Classic-Castle wants to have a good relationship with LEGO in order to coordinate castle events. The CC admins do talk to LEGO representatives. Being rude to TLC does not help us get the information or involvement from LEGO that fans want. Please keep this in mind.
I agree, the discussion has to be polite.
Still, we must be allowed to express our feelings towards any new release. Usually TLC gets our Woohoo!s and Thanks so many times, TLC!s when they release something exciting like 3739 Blacksmith Shop etc. Such reactions are undoubtful to their pleasure. So they have to accept our displeasedness as well.

Bye
Jojo

Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

:oops: Quite sorry about that, won't happen again.

POST DELETED